Will Argos replace this? **YES, THEY DID**

yus786
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I bought a trimmer from Argos about 2 years ago and on the box it says '3 Years Guarantee'

It is not working now but i cannot find the receipt.

Will i be able to take to Argos for a replacement? (i still have the box etc and the little ticket thing you find stuck on stuff you buy from Argos - has the isle number etc)

Thanks in advance

you can certainly try, but usually that kind of guarantee is usually only with the manufacturer ( i think ), but someone else with more knowledge of this will no doubt be along soon.

in with your trimmer on day of purchase did you fill in the manufacturors guarantee card that is usually in with the item.

if you did, contact them direct.

i dont honestly think argos will be able to do anything UNLESS you also took out one of their extended guarantee options.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Thanks

Just checked the box and there is no card - just the manual. And in the manual it does say to send it back if it fails to work.

I think i'll ring them first.

hope it goes well.

if you dont get any joy on the phone, photocopy your receipt and post that to them with letter explaining what you have on here. if you are within the three year period then there is no reason why you shouldnt be covered, unless the faulty piece is the one part that ISNT covered by it.

good luck

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

The picking ticket will not be accepted as proof of when it was brought, as they don't have dates, only times on them (in store). The data that can be traced from this gets cleared every 3 months. If the item is still sold at argos, you can attempt to take it back. Otherwise you will need another form of proof of purchase.

Argos is liable under the sales of goods act to replace/repair the item, especially as the item is still under warranty. The easiest thing you can do is to write to head office (rather then go through loads of drama at a store, as 95% of people won't know what to do)

Just note, you are only covered if its a manufacturing fault, and not cosmetic damage (if the product can still function or if it is a minor fault). Doesn't include accidental damage/misuse/wear and tear

Write to the avebury address, quote the store, txn number and cat number, Explain what has happened and that it has a 3 year warranty and see what they say.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Thanks all - guess what? I've found the receipt.

It was purchased in May 05 - so

1. Shall i take it back to the store and see what they say?

2. Just ring the number given in the manual?

Cheers again

They will put up a fuss in store, being over a year and all, its doubtful someone will know what to do, I mean I teach my manager consumer law.

Argos are liable, and would advice ringing either argos' customer services or the manufacture. Its upto you.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

I didn't take the extended guarantee with Argos - so am assuming it's the manufacturer.

I actually spoke to them this morning (manufacturer) and they have asked me to send it back to them for repair/replace.

Still tempted to take it to Argos first...

Your problem will be that you will have a fight on with Argos - you will, I'm sure, eventually get them to take it back, but for the same result with less hassle I would send it to the manufacturer. Your average store Joe, and indeed your average store manager Joe2, does not know the SOGA.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Result...

Took it down to Argos. Guy looked at receipt and said it's 2 years old. I said yes but it's guaranteed for 3 right? (and pointed to the box)

He then said "yes but that's with the manufacturer - i think" then went away for like a second to talk to his colleague and said we'll send it off for you. Great i said. He then went to his little PC at the back and came back with a suggestion... "I'll have to exchange it for you" he said. No complaint from me - hehehe

So i walked out with a new trimmer and NO argument whatsoever.

well done,

power to the people !!!!

have a nice day !!

No repair facility with personal hygiene items so it can't be sent off. Nice to see there was someone in the store with a brain. Anyways well done with the result