Can you go for round 2?

mrs walsh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm soo depressed. Natwest recently refunded my charges. Unfortunately, I have found myself in a spiral again. I really try to keep my account in order but one little mistake and the charges have begun all over again. I receive just £117 in child benefits. I am going to be charged again at the end of the month and I do not have the money to cover that! I spoke to an advisor who told me that since I have already been refunded they will not refund me again. I feel desperate as thats the only money I receive and cannot afford to keep paying these hefty charges!

Guest peed orf

Doesn't make any difference if they've refunded you once, or twice, or thrice! It's still unlawful and they shouldn't be doing it.

Start again with the prelim, don't for get the speedsheet.

Hopefully, as it's a small claim it shouldn't take long. (maybe)

Hi Mrs W. Just to let you know I successfully claimed over £1700 just before Xmas last year (thru this wonderful site). Since then I have successfully been refunded 2 more amounts @ £28 each for "service charges" - (yeah right!)

Each time I wrote to my local branch manager and stated that as a previously successful claimant I wouldn't hesitate to take action again right upto Court proceedings if necessary. Each time the amount was credited back to my account! Fight the good fight and remember the money is yours NOT theirs they are taking it unlawfully. Good luck :)

By the way does anyone know if there is a current thread on here dealing with old credit cards? We had an Access Credit Card with Natwest which we paid off in approx 1995 before that we had excessive charges for late payment and I would like to start a claim to try to get some back. Any help anyone could give me would be very much appreciated. O-B

I had bank charges refunded to the total of £1200 in Jan. since then I have been overdrawn about 5 more times (always by under £10 mind, and usually because of a charge) each time I wrote a letter asking for a break down of the charge. I stated that I am not against fair charges, but I disagree with exoribitant penalties, which is what £28 per transaction is. Each time they either refunded or halved the charges. Until last month where they refused point blank to refund anymore. So I told them that I will again take it to the small claims court. So, yes. Claim again.

Just drop your local branch manager a letter basically saying youve already claimed once successfully and you will claim again and go to court to get it back unless they refund immediately. Send it recorded delivery, then follow it up with a phone call to the branch manager a week later asking them for their response to your letter. I betcha they refund ya. If not, then start again at prelim letter. You can claim as many times as you like. If they keep taking it off ya, keep claiming it back. Fendy xxxx

Thanks for the kind replys everyone. I will certainly do that fendyweather and will keep you informed of the outcome! I feel much better after reading your replies. Thanks once again!!