Paddywife V Nationwide

Paddywife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I've been reading the posts on this site for weeks trying to pluck up the courage to claim £2,839 from our joint account. Today I've done spreadsheet and 1st letter and I'm just back from the Post Office, sent it Recorded Delivery. Will keep you updated on developments.

Hi Everyone

I've been reading the posts on this site for weeks trying to pluck up the courage to claim £2,839 from our joint account. Today I've done spreadsheet and 1st letter and I'm just back from the Post Office, sent it Recorded Delivery. Will keep you updated on developments.

excellent, you will be fine dont worry, just think of getting your money back. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I need some advice please. On Thursday we received a letter from Nationwide advising us they cancelling DD's and they would like the overdraft paid off. There is only 1 DD and the overdraft is £20. We received another letter today asking for repayment within 5 days. Do I ignore this and file at court as planned on Friday?

Hi I need some advice please. On Thursday we received a letter from Nationwide advising us they cancelling DD's and they would like the overdraft paid off. There is only 1 DD and the overdraft is £20. We received another letter today asking for repayment within 5 days. Do I ignore this and file at court as planned on Friday?
I would cancel the 1 DD myself, so as not to incur any further Charges if Nationwide re-instate the DD unexpectedly.

...and also, if U can afford it, pay off the £20 O/D asap.

The cancelling of your O/D is possible, cos it is deemed to be a Service.

However, it does seem very petty and could be viewed as being direct retaliatory action taken by Nationwide for U pursuing the return of your unlawful Penalty Charges.

Other potential Nationwide Claimants have had their Authorised O/D's cancelled, leaving them with threatened Debt Recovery action on sometimes several thousands of ££'s.

In your particular case, I wouldn't hesitate in complaining most forcibly to the FSO about Nationwide's threatening letter to U.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Cos of the heavy-handed action that Nationwide are proposing to take for the sake of just £20 'risk', IMHO it is very obvious WHY they are taking such action against U.

I would STILL File your Claim @ Court on your intended date and maybe wait until AFTER U have received your unlawful Charges from Nationwide via the legal process, before U contact the FSO.

That way, there will be NO confusion as to the remedy of your complaint and U will receive your money so much sooner hopefully.

Even if U don't receive an apology and nothing comes from your complaint, at least U will know that it will cost Nationwide several hundred ££'s to have to pay for the complaint to be investigated...lol...:D

• Haha 1

Hi everyone

We popped into the Nationwide this afternoon to pay them their 20 quid, however this has now gone up to £70 which I can't afford to pay. My husband has been unemployed for 6 months. Also picked up a claim form from the County Court. I'm starting to get very nervous, any advice please.

Yes... let em whistle for their measly 70 quid and get your claim in. They owe you over 2grand and your worried about 70 quid. I dont think so. Tell em to pay your your money first and DONT WORRY!!!

Hi Paddywife. I was about to file my claim when I came across the thread 'Another win-Cuddles v Nationwide. I recommend reading it. I held fire and instead went to the Financial Ombudsman instead saving me £120 court costs. Apparently people going this way having followed the procedure as you and I have are suddenly getting very quick results from the Natiowide. Possibly because they apparently get a £500 fine when the FOS send a complaint on your behalf. Something to consider? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I thought it was time I updated this thread. I filed N1 on 13/06/07 (sorry trickyt I missed your post above), this was deemed served on 15/06/07.

I recieved acknowledgement from court dated 19/06/07 saying that Nationwide responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim. I'm now bricking it! I have not received an allocation questionaire, should I start to prepare Court Bundle? Also I'm very worried about T&Cs, I don't have these as the account was opened in 1988. Can anybody help please.

Hello Paddywife

If it helps... i was in a similar situation just the other day too.

My Acknowledgement of Service ' 28 days ' was almost up and i was very worried about going to court.

I let it go two or three days PAST the 28 days before i was going to do anything more.

The Nationwide put in a defense right at the last minute. But i have read here that its all just normal procedure and so i checked my account balance to see if anything had gone in and.... they had paid up.

I have all my money now . I WON!!!!!

Hope yours is resolved soon too.

• 3 weeks later...

Won! Well almost, Nationwide paid up on the 10th and 11th July, however its £54 short. I have just rung them and they say they will look into it at call back this afternoon. I wonder if they will. Good luck everyone with your claims.