pinkpuli v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new and have been reading forum for some time picking up courageto have a go at the Halifax & Nationwide. I have 2 accounts with Halifax + credit card. Whilst I have followed the threads re current accounts and indeed have just requested copy statements with precedent letter from CAG I am a little confused re credit card charges. Can i claim some of these back ie late payment fees. Whilst the charges are less than on current account they are charging £12 for late payment + interest as well for which they do nothing. Advise and help would be appreciated.

Claiming on your credit card is the same as the charges. So all the charges there, you can claim.

If you have your statements then you need to put them nto your spread sheets. But you will need to claim the credit card seperate.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks. So essentially simply because the charges are less than what the Halifax impose on their current account customers they are still unreasonable. I will write for copy statements immediately. I was a little worried they would argue the charges reflected their costs.

• 4 weeks later...

Prior to sending off my SAR i looked through a few statements that I had kept and noted that my initial purchase on the card £450 was 18 months ago and through late charges and fees for going overlimit (it was only the Halifax's charges that took me over the limit ) i now owe them 534.00!!!

I will start the process immediately.

• 1 month later...

Now received my opy statements from the Halifax. I am now going to do my spreadsheets re charges. The Haliaf are not clear as to what the charges were for simply says "charges as notified" I cannot recall whether they were for over o/d limit, failed DD etc. Can I simply put on my spreadsheet "charges"?? Advice please.

Nationwide won 11 July 2007

Yes. "charges as notified" is fine.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

That's what I put as well, and since they offered me a *Goodwill* gesture and paid a pittance into two accounts (totalling £7.5k) - obviously they seemed to be quite happy!

(Though I'm NOT!)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I am intending to combine charges on my current account with charges on the credit card account but am still awaiting SAR. Initial reuest was sent 1 May 07. I have today sent 7 day LBA in respect of failure to compky with request.

I think that's the safer way, money!

pinkpuli: keep your bank a/cs separate from your credit card one!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

You can combine accounts, apart from a credit card account.

So yes as money says, you will need to do seperate claims.

F&Q's... Read here

Thanks for your in put folks.

I read the thread of stephen_emerson20 who issued on both claims (bank account and credit card) in same set of proceeding and recovered in full recently and that is why I thought it would be a viable option to do this.

Can you post the link pinkpuli?

This is it, money:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/87962-help-needed-claimed-bos.html?highlight=stephen_emerson20

But as money and SSL and I have said:

Keep the Bank a/cs separate from the Card one!

Makes it much more fun, anyway!

Thanks for your in put folks.

I read the thread of stephen_emerson20 who issued on both claims (bank account and credit card) in same set of proceeding and recovered in full recently and that is why I thought it would be a viable option to do this.

This is the link folks:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/87962-help-needed-claimed-bos.html?highlight=stephen_emerson20

• Haha 1

He! He!

Who's not reading their own thread, then?