why????? ............ :(

nothappy1777

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Do abbey have to give you notice in writing before taking an overdraft to zero etc

Just asking because on 24/4/07 i recieved a letter saying

As it has not been possible to reach a suitable payment arrangement blah blah blah

You must return all cards and chequebooks as all direct debits and other banking services linked to account XXXXXXXX have been cancelled

If you dont then we will send a field agent to recover then and debit your account for any cost incured.

At the top of this letter it clearly says

Overdrawn balance:702.82

OVERDRAFT LIMIT : £300

So obviously this letter made me panic and i managed to borrow £410 off a friend to get me back into my overdraft.

Then today i recieved another letter dated 03/05/07 which reads exactly the same as above letter except for one thing

now says

Overdraft balance:£242.82

Overdraft limit £0

What is going on ,, surely they cannot do this ???

any help please

im scared and angry

fraid they can. They can withdrawn your overdraft at anytime.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Is the bank owing you any money in bank charges? Have you requested a refund of your bank charges, if any? If you provide more information, you will receive better advice.

If they owe you money through unlawful bank charges, you can pursue them to pay back. The money they owe you may pay off the overdraft.

But i just paid them £410 and within a week with no warning they expect me to find another £250

Am i supposed to starve just to keep them happy ??

tried phoning and basically i just been told -- [edited]

not happy

updated

to add i phoned abbey agen and they said ---- they want all money owed within 14 days or else they will inform their collection agency for full recovery of the debt

hi benny

basically im at the point of waiting for statements as far as claiming my charges back. So i suppose they can do what they like at the moment as the account is not officially in dispute.

You need to reply their letter stating that the account is now in dispute.

For example:

Dear Mr/Ms ???????

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Account No: ?????????????? Sort code: ?????????????

Please be reminded that this account is in dispute. I made a subject access request according to the Data Protection Act 1998 on ??/??/2007, but you have not provided the information requested.

The issue of unlawful bank charges has become material fact in this matter and I will revisit the content of your default letter as soon as the issue of unlawful bank charges in my account is resolved.

In the meantime, if you place default in my credit file, it will be regarded as unfair, inaccurate and a violation of the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours sincerely