which court to take claim to?

hsbcmug

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cheers michael..

I keep hearing about MCOL, but dont really have the money to pay to file the claim on MCOL, I was just intending to file it with the small claims court...

does it make a difference to the claim, or offer, speed, etc?

I tried searching but really couldn't find the answer... :|

Many thanks for your assistance

It won't make any difference to the claim. It still goes through the same system in the end.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for your help..

Ive now filed it at court, but a day later recieved an offer from HSBC for 65% of the amount filed, not sure what way to go, cuz i could really do with the money right now, but don't like letting them get away with it, and co do with the extra grand but don't fancy all the messing around with court, just can't make up my mind!

My only concern is that if I take the offer, HSBC will the reduce my overdraft back down to zero which will heavely reduce the actual amount I will have to spend!! Is this likely.? Do they have any right to take my overdraft away?! I know they can close the account, which is vertually the same thing..?

What should I do?

I haven't recieved the offer from the solicitors yet, just the banks offer..

I guess what I'm asking is.. what the likeliness is of them closing my account?!

they shouldn't close your account on a first claim. as for accepting the amount they're offering... it's entirely up to you and your circumstances. the way i see it is, if they weren't in the wrong they wouldn't offer you anything!! but if you feel you need the money then the choice is yours. whatever you decide - good luck.

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!