Simpson v Nationwide - what next??

huskyjoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received just my before the 40 day dead line, now what do i do....?

They have sent me a list of all charges including interest charges since my accounts were opened and have even totalled up what they have charged me at the end of each list- how nice of them eh?!

Now what do i do? I think i am supposed to add interest on - am i? Can someone tell me what happens next please?

Also, i requested in the same letter details of charges from my Nationwide Credit Card but they haven't sent these? What do i do about that??

Many thanks Helpers!!

You can only add interest on at the court stage. Your first step should be to write to them asking for the charges to be refunded. Download a spreadsheet and fill it in while you are waiting for a reply. It'll work everything out for you.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Hello huskyjoe + Andrew66!

You can only add interest on at the court stage...
That is factual INCORRECT for ALL cases...

If the Claimant wishes to Claim Daily Compounded Contractual Interest @ 24.9%AER, the the Claimant needs to mention this interest in every letter from the Preliminary Letter onwards.

It is only if the Claimant wishes to just Claim s69 Statutory Interest @ 8%APR, should the Claimant not include interest until Filing @ Court.

There are many Threads on this site that discuss the pro's + cons of each type of Interest.

It is up to each Claimant to make up their own mind as to which they wish to Claim.

There are plenty of examples of successful Claims for each type.

A Claimant is advised to research both and be confident in their arguments before starting the Re-claiming process.

Here are just a couple of links to help in the basic understanding of Contractual Interest...

#19 of the following Thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/54212-do-i-have-accept.html?highlight=sm4423

...and if U have a spare month or two...lol...:) :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html

Make NO mistake, a C.I. Claim can be complex and difficult to understand and isn't for everyone.

But it IS the method by which Banks have been unlawfully debiting people's current accounts with their Penalty Charges!!!

Here is a further link to a very user-friendly spreadsheet (v1.9 courtesy of Mindzai), that will help U compile/compare the two types of interest...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

Hope the above info has helped?!...:)