Unidebt- div. of NW- grounds for claim on interest?

charged-case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Unidebt collection took over my NatWest accounts back in 2004. Today I found a letter from 2006 stating that the outstanding debt is still accruing interest. I was unaware of this, and thought the debt had been frozen with the interest 'locked in'. I have been paying a token sum every month since '04, and no I have not received a single statement of the balance outstanding. Furthermore, they have "bought" my Savings Direct account together with 3 other accounts from Natwest, one of which I am claiming charges (the other 2 are redundant), Natwest however are still sending me statements for the Savings Direct, which I'm going to close.

Are there grounds for reclaiming from Unidebt the extra interest they have charged, some of which undoubtably is interest charged on interest and illegal charges taken by NatWest. Would I need to send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off to them? And should I let them know the account is in dispute (since I received Higley's acknowledgement last week of my concurrent NatWest claim)

I am sending off my LBA to NatWest tomorrow. I now wish I had claimed contractual interest from the start, rather than have to wait for the inevitable court process to claim the 8% statutory, which to me still does not seem to justify all the interest Natwest + Unidebt (one and the same entity!) have charged, and continue to charge. Unbelieveable.:roll:

I think that last bit sounded confusing. Are you suggesting I take out another claim against Unidebt? In which case I should send Unidebt a SAR?

On another point I've read elsewhere that you should first send a CCA? If they do not hold one (since I do not remember signing anything to agree transfer of debt to them), then does this not void any obligation to pay them monthly. Would they hand the accounts back to Natwest in that case?:???: