Relayman vs Abbey

relayman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can you tell me if I can claim on a joint account? My partner is no longer with me and is not contactable any more. Can I deal with the claim on my own without requiring her intervention

Cheers

Relayman

If the account is in joint names there should be no stopping you as far as I am aware. However be ye warned that when you finally obtain those monies back if they send you a cheque it will be in joint names. That is if they don't credit your joint account.

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Relayman! I am giving you an advice I received from Louis and Kneely.. Read all the FAQs and read some success threads, keep abreast of things .

Cheers mate.

Keep us updated

'Patience is a virture'

Guest louis wu

I think it may be wise to contact your ex, as when you do get your cheque, you'll need an account to pay it into.

Another tip for you. Don't worry about the time it will take to go through this process, you never knew about them coming, only leaving. So take your time, fight and the charges will come back to you.:)

'Patience is a virture'

One person can claim on a joint account as long as transactions can have either signature. So, if one of you completes the court form the cheque will be made out in that person's name. (I claimed in my name only on our joint account ~ the initial letters went in joint names but when I completed the N1 I just did it in my name because my OH has ben poorly and didn't want the stress, so he hung about as moral support!)

If you can, it'd probably be wise to check that your Partner isn't making a claim on the same account though.