• Tweets

• Thank you FTMDave. As you can see from the time now I have had a nightmare getting questionnaire answered due to scanner problems, it is up there now though. I do not have proof of breakdown as the alternator was bought from a breakers yard near Chelmsford. I remember it well as they sold me the wrong one on the Saturday and I had to go back in my mechanic friends vehicle on Sunday as I had broken the original alternator getting it off.
    • 1 The date of infringement? 19/12/2019   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] No. I did, unfortunately use the MyParkingCharge.co.uk portal to deny liability as the keeper and deny any contract. I mistakenly thought this was where I made a SAR. (I now see looking at the site again that it is actually. https://excel.zatappeal.com ) This was replied to as if it were an appeal.   if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]   has there been a response? yes please AS A PDFFILE  ONLY ..post it up as well, suitably redacted. - follow the upload guide]   If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........DONT ! seek advice on your topic first.   have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Yes. Issue date indicates that if "contravention" date is day 1 then NTK was issued on day 15 so arrived well before day 29. Document received was PCN/NTK in one. (see pdf)   what date is on it Issue date is 02/01/2020   Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? Yes   [scan up BOTHSIDES to ONE PDF of the PCN and your NTK - follow the upload guide]   3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] NO   4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process? [it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances] Suggested appeals could be made via IAS   5 Who is the parking company? VCS   6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Broke down on service road of Southend Airport, Southend-On-Sea   please do not put JPG Picture files into your post   .............................   For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]  (must be received within 14 days from the Incident)   please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement 19/12/2019     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 02/01/2020.   I recall noting, when it arrived on Saturday 16th Jan 2020 that this was more than 14 days from "offence" date.   [scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please do not put JPG Picture files into your post   3 Date received 16/01/20   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Not as such. See this entry for PCN above.   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up As above.   7 Who is the parking company? VCS   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Broke down on service road of Southend Airport, Southend-On-Sea   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Initial appeal to be via www.myparkingcharge.co.uk then via IAS   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here I have subsequently received a Demand for Payment dated 28/02/2020.  outstanding balance £160 Final Demand posted on 16/03/2020         outstanding balance £160 LBC dated 27/03/2020.                                 outstanding balance £160 with estimate of court fees £25 2nd LBC from ELMS legal dated 30/10/2020 listing estimated fees of   Principal debt £160                                                                                                                        Estimated interest £12                                                                                                   Estimated court / hearing fees £50                                                                                                          Estimated solicitors' costs £50                                                                                                                              Estimated total £272   windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... in either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY please do not put JPG Picture files into your post   NTK plus .pdf
    • Have done the email address thing. The order specifically states just the applicant ?
    • you are not the applicant but you must: • You must confirm your preferred email address for the invites to be sent too  
    • Hi I received an order from the court today stating that my case will now be heard by video link ( which I am struggling to set up on my iphone 🙄) It says that the Applicant must submit a paginated, tabbed, and indexed electronic bundle to the court. I have already submitted my bundle to the court !  The order is in PDF form below. SO        Am I the applicant ?        Do I need to submit by email a paginated indexed and tabbed electronic bundle as the defendant ?         The order mentions that the parties shall seek to agree this bundle !         What does that mean, and how would that happen ?   Thanks     COURT HEARING redacted.pdf
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Watcher,

The bailiff company have a slight problem in that I have two good witnesses. The bailiff called across the road to them that 'he will not pay his council tax!', so they got a damn good look at him. All seems right with the world when they shoot themselves in the foot. :D

This just gets better and better !

Illegal harrassment (by trying to pressure you be telling the neighbours in order to cause you distress), violating the code of conduct, as well as fraud !

Saffron,

Sorry for not replying earlier to your posts, but keep on at them. If we can convince just one Council to take this matter seriously then we have started the ball rolling and it would be downhill all the way after that.

FM - have no worries I will persue this, I am going to have a meeting with the council, to go through exactly what has gone on, he is also persuing them for compensation for me, due to the amount of time that I have devoted to this AND the council will refund me the money directly and then get it from the bailiffs to avoid any further delay!!!!!

Guest Herbie

Funnny Man

You will see on one of my replies on another post that our office had received proof of a bailiff certifictate back from the companies that proved the the the name the bailiff gave to the householder does not appear to match that which appears on the certificate.

In the case yesterday, a young white gentleman, probably around 24-28 years old had levied upon goods. Our office provided the Subject Access letter that also asked for proof the Mr X was a Certificated Bailiff. The response from the bailiff company came back yesterday, with a copy of the certificate thati inlcuded the full name that Mr X had originally provided. How we are certain that the two bailiffs cannot possibly be the same person is because the bailiff in the photo is dark skinned, possibly Jamacian and around 40-45 years old.

We have known for a long time that this practice is happening, and it is likely to be more widespread than we had at first thought.

The problem could become very serious indeed however if an official complaint is made to the County Court. Is the legigimate certificated bailiff going to allow himself to be ordered to attend before a judge and possibly lose his licence becaue his company have allowed his certificate to be used by others.....

• 3 weeks later...

First of all 'sorry' for my absence from the board over the past couple of weeks, I have had flu (I still have as a matter of fact) but news today has come in the post that I think should be shared.

As many of you who have read this and other posts will know I complained about a bailiff from Jacobs to the Cumbria Police, my local council (South Lakeland District Council) and the County Court that issued the certification to the individual bailiff concerned.

At the present moment the situation is that the Police are dragging their heels (although a complaint has been lodged with the Chief Constable's Office), my local authority have enquired of Jacobs about their actions and found that they acted totally legally (Ha! Now that is a laugh, although their response was not unexpected), however, this morning I received a letter from the County Court asking me to attend a hearing on 29th June against the bailiff concerned! (:-) :-) :-) Yes, finally found someone in authority who realises that just maybe something wrong has been done here!:-) :-) :-) )

The judge has seen the paperwork from both sides and decided that the matter cannot be decided without a hearing. I have been supplied with a copy of the bailiffs defence (or is it Jacobs' defence as the individual bailiff has not signed it but rather a partner of Jacobs has signed the defence), this will prove invaluable at the hearing.

Now does anybody have any verifiable statistics concerning the company Jacobs that could show that deliberate overcharging takes place or even individual cases where it has occurred? Any help here could prove most valuable.

Anyway, I'm off to make a Lemsip, hope to get some responces soon.

Good luck with this .. Im going through something similar myself. and be good to see how yours will turn out, by the way get well soon

Good Luck FunnyMan ... may be worthwhile sending the LA and the police a copy of the letter from the Court (they may take things more seriously when they discover that someone else is !!!)

It will also be interesting to see "who" turns up at Court !

(btw - forget the Lemsip - Scotch Whisky ! )

Oh subscribing to this thread as it sounds interesting. I am lucky in that although I have had to deal with DCA's so far we have not had to deal with any baliffs, but I know the whole area is full of swindlers and lying so and so's (although there must surely be some legal baliffs out there somewhere lol). I am outraged about giving these people access to anyones homes, its like legalised theaft. Just wondering FM are your neighbours gonna turn up at court at witnesses, would love to see that conversation where it was proved in front of a judge a baliff co was lying their asses off. Go get em!

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment