Hugo07 v Abbey

hugo07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Summary of bank charges

Hello all,

I was just wondering on the Summary of bank charges for 04 - 06 that abbey send out when putting them onto Excel for example for adding interest if i have a £100.00 cleared transaction charge in August 04 for example with 5 cleared transaction charges do you list that as one transaction (100.00) or 5 seperate £20.00 transactions? Does it matter?

Does this even make any sense? lol

Many thanks

Hugo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugo

I think I have worked out the Excel Spread sheet Pam Speed has sent you and I. There are 4 different types of Bank Charges (Unpaid Direct Charge, Unpaid Cheque Charge, Unpaid Standing Order Charge and Unauthorised Overdraft Fee) listed on the spreadsheet (in columns) and columns for the Number of times any of the above Bank Charges occurred in each month. Add up all the totals (Monies) in the last row and subtract the refunds (if applicable) in the last row of the refund section. I hope this kind of made it clearer

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Hugo

I think I have worked out the Excel Spread sheet Pam Speed has sent you and I. There are 4 different types of Bank Charges (Unpaid Direct Charge, Unpaid Cheque Charge, Unpaid Standing Order Charge and Unauthorised Overdraft Fee) listed on the spreadsheet (in columns) and columns for the Number of times any of the above Bank Charges occurred in each month. Add up all the totals (Monies) in the last row and subtract the refunds (if applicable) in the last row of the refund section. I hope this kind of made it clearer

Thanks Andypal!!! :)

I only have charges under total cleared transaction charges which total £280.00 (with £40.00 refunded) and one Total unpaid cheque charge which totals £32.00.

Is this correct to claim so far? 280.00 (total cleared transaction charges) + £32.00 (Total unpaid cheque charge) - £40.00 (Refund) = £272 ?

I will add interest on top if i ever find out the days the charges were charged on!!!!

Any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks again

Hugo

I only have charges under total cleared transaction charges which total £280.00 (with £40.00 refunded) and one Total unpaid cheque charge which totals £32.00.

Is this correct to claim so far? 280.00 (total cleared transaction charges) + £32.00 (Total unpaid cheque charge) - £40.00 (Refund) = £272 ?

I will add interest on top if i ever find out the days the charges were charged on!!!!

Any help is much appreciated

You need to add up the total cleared transaction charges (£280.00) Plus unpaid cheque charge (£32.00). If there are any more charges please add them in too. Then subtract the refund (£40.00)

How are you adding on the interest? Using a Spready from this site or to the total?

Hope this helps

ANDY VS ABBEY

'Patience is a virture'

Click on the link below and do a search for "S" and choose a Spready from here. Pretty good. I got it from CharleyK

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

pick the spready you like best and it does the work for you and gives the 8% as a self-calculating running total, so in 121 days time you'll still be accurate.

• Haha 1

'Patience is a virture'

You need to add up the total cleared transaction charges (£280.00) Plus unpaid cheque charge (£32.00). If there are any more charges please add them in too. Then subtract the refund (£40.00)

How are you adding on the interest? Using a Spready from this site or to the total?

Hope this helps

ANDY VS ABBEY

Click on the link below and do a search for "S" and choose a Spready from here. Pretty good. I got it from CharleyK

Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index

pick the spready you like best and it does the work for you and gives the 8% as a self-calculating running total, so in 121 days time you'll still be accurate.

Thanks so much for all your help!!

I have now done the adding’s and then subtracted the refunds that have already be refunded back to me so far.

To add on the interest I have been on the money savings expert site and have been trying to use the interest calculator but as Abbey have not given me days that charges were made I have just be doing say the 12th of the month so that Abbey cant turn round and say I’ve been claiming more that I’m entitled!!

I have only yet received my duplicate statements (which had no charges on to claim) and the summary of bank charges for Jan 2004 to December 2006 which I have been adding etc as stated earlier.

I’m still waiting for the remaining requested info for 2001 – 2003

I went on to the useful link you gave me – S - Spreadsheet with interest 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets – bank accounts – England – Simple – Excel but as I don’t have the exact day charges were taken im just getting confused L

Thanks again for all your help as ive been so confused with all.

Hi all,

I was just wondering in the information commissioners complaint form do we included statements sent to us as their is quite afew? Or just letters sent between Abbey and the customer?

Many thanks

Hugo

Hi all,

I was just wondering in the information commissioners complaint form do we included statements sent to us as their is quite afew? Or just letters sent between Abbey and the customer?

Many thanks

Hugo

Hugo

I just enclosed a copy of all the letters sent to abbey and what they sent to me, I did enclose that useless schedule they sent us, purely because I wanted the ICO to moan at Abbey for not putting the exact date the charges came out, but obviously from the Moneysaving website, you know that I was lucky enough not to have needed to send them.

have you still not had a response back from the email you sent to jackie scott?

Regards

Julie xxx

Hugo

I just enclosed a copy of all the letters sent to abbey and what they sent to me, I did enclose that useless schedule they sent us, purely because I wanted the Information Commissioners Office to moan at Abbey for not putting the exact date the charges came out, but obviously from the Moneysaving website, you know that I was lucky enough not to have needed to send them.

have you still not had a response back from the email you sent to jackie scott?

Regards

Julie xxx

Hi Julie,

Thanks for that...looks like i am going to have to send it off to the Information Commissioner!!

The postie walked on pasted my house leaving nothing AGAIN!!!

I got no response from Jackie at all...i also emailed customer services at shabbey..i also emailed 2 other names based within Shabbey which i found and their emails didnt bounce so i assume they went through..but no replies from anyone!!! I thought at least customer services may have replied!!

Thanks again

Hugo

What about faxing over to customer services in Bradford a copy of the complaints form that you will be sending to the ICO and Financial Ombudsman, or have you done that already?

Did you try debbie wagstaff? there is also a couple of other names that I put on my thread, one i believe is dave and the other is maxine, both based at Milton Keynes.

I havent faxed them at all because its hard to get access to a fax machine!!

I also emailed Debbie and got no reply either - I will have a go and email Maxine and Dave now!! and attach my IC's complaint!!

Thank Julie, The Maxine watts email just went through but the dave one bounced so will see if i get any luck with this one!!! :)

Good Luck

Hugo, if you havent done so already, subscribed to the thread that Louis has started , (starts, have you recevied a spreadsheet) sorry dont know how to put links in to messages. There are others like us that are discussing this problem with the abbey.:roll:

Hi all…

Well I was about to email Jackie at abbey again this morning when the postie arrived…you guessed it with my remaining statements yay so anyway I had a look through them quickly and I don’t really understand many of the abbreviations – I know VP seems to be payment in shops, csh is cash, trf – transfer , bgc – bank giro etc.

I only seem to have 2 unauth o/d fee one for £15.00 and one for £16.50? These are ok to claim right?

Also what is INT Debit IDB? Can these be claimed (the biggest one on my statements is about 5.99)

Sorry if this sounds stupid lol

Any help is much appreciated

HOORAAYYYYYY, I am so glad they have arrive.

On my microfiche it showed charges as CHG in the abbreviations. I dont think you can claim INT Debit as this is the monthly amount you get charged for your overdraft.:D

Yes you can claim it, it's the amount the bank charges you on the penalty charges they've applied, if by charging you they force you into overdraft.

Yes you can claim the £15 and £16.50.

I have no overdraft so no monthly fee but still had Int Deb on my statements. Included it in my claim and they haven't argued.

Thanks Julie and thank you so much for all your help and emails!! I think it done the trick!!!

Thanks Robdblynd too!! Maybe i could try claim them

Anybody else claimed for the INT Debit IDB? some are only small like 1.60 and others 5.99?

Many thanks

Hugo :)

Please could anybody tell me on the summary of bank charges the - 2004 - 2006 (the table one Abbey send). On the table for example i have a £20.00 cleared transaction charge but the £20.00 has a - (minus) in front of it -£20.00 is that still ok to claim? is it normal? sorry for sounding silly just wanted to double check

Thank you