Threatening phone calls from HSBC

brian4951

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter-in-law had a threatening phone call from HSBC today. They were threatening her with court action over her non payment of an overdraft. It was in fact them who put her in that position by paying a largish bill twice. She closed the account because they wouldn't listen to her request to have the money re-imbersed. They're adding £150 per month. Her and my son have sent a letter requesting a return of the charges but to no avail. They have now sent a second letter threatening legal action. Any further help would be appreciated.

All the charges incurred on your daughters account can be reclaimed brian.

After the second letter, give them 14 days then file a claim at court. She needs to do a spreadsheet showing all the charges to attach to the letters sent.

Start by reading the FAQs link below my signature.

Loads of luck to you and family:)

so, unless your daughter-in-law gets any benefits in which case she should be exempt from the court fees - you do have to pay to file the claim (about 28 days from your first letter) but that is added into the claim and you will get it back from the bank when they settle. and that additional fee which pete mentioned which is sometimes applicable and sometimes not (that would be approx. 9-10 weeks from the first letter) is 100 and it also gets added onto the claim and you get it back from the bank. the faqs and step by steps are pretty thorough but if she has questions - just get back.