gizmo111

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

Have just had £4k back including 8% interest for PPI.. received a chq but also noticed they have credited my account with the same amount?!? whooops!! wonder how long it will take for em to notice..

Would you tell them? more to the point do you think I should?

Same day it seems! lol they have taken it back!

Same day it seems! lol they have taken it back!

What a shame:cry:

Great result, well done:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Congrats Sherry1980 - a viictory for the people!! :D

How long did it take to win your case!! Was it the first letter that did it or was it a long haul!! ;)

Part success. 2 weeks ago I sent two letters one to HFC and the other to Lloyds (2 loans). Received a letter after a week from HFC offering to pay me back 2600.00

Just got one to day from Lloyds upholding my first loan (i refinanced this loan with the second one) saying that they had already paid me bak 900.00 and want me to send off an acceptance form without letting me know the figure they are offering. Does anybody know if this is the norm plus what do I do about the second loan as they havent mentioned it.

Thanks

Part success. 2 weeks ago I sent two letters one to HFC and the other to Lloyds (2 loans). Received a letter after a week from HFC offering to pay me back 2600.00

Just got one to day from Lloyds upholding my first loan (i refinanced this loan with the second one) saying that they had already paid me bak 900.00 and want me to send off an acceptance form without letting me know the figure they are offering. Does anybody know if this is the norm plus what do I do about the second loan as they havent mentioned it.

Thanks

Hi I too got an acceptance form without the appropiate figures etc????

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Hi I too got an acceptance form without the appropiate figures etc????

Mr W

Hi Mr W and help45:)

LTSB make a habit of doing this. The FOS told me figures couldn't be provided till I had signed the form (in my case I've had both FOS acceptance forms and LTSB own acceptance forms for different loans - all without figures), yet despite this after I complained to LTSB the figures were forthcoming. My advice therefore is stand your ground and insist they provide a detailed breakdown of what they are offering - after all having ripped you off once already who's to say they won't do it again:eek:

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

agreed!

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Agree with Landy Alert & dx,

Egg has just pulled this stunt with me, FOS upheld my complaint & I had to sign the acceptance form with 'Egg will confirm figures for settlement' - did they heck as like, they automatically sent a cheque for just over £1,000 against a claim of over £6,000 with a statement that they will not refund anything older then 6 years & do not refund compound interest.

LBA gone off for the balance or off to court we go.

Beachy

hehe

obv never heard of the limitations act sec 32c!!

go get 'em

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

hehe

obv never heard of the limitations act sec 32c!!

go get 'em

dx

:D

Suggested (in a nice way) that they go take a read of s32 before they think about replying again.

Thanks

Help, did HFC refund ALL the premiums paid with interest or have they only refunded 6 years ? Thanks :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Reclaimed for PJ (sis in law) £567.01 ppi (includes compound int & 8%). Unfortunately can't make a donation - at this time- since this is just reducing a debit balance, however she's been good in the past and managed to chip in as I'm sure she will this time.

Reclaimed for PJ (sis in law) £567.01 ppi (includes compound int & 8%). Unfortunately can't make a donation - at this time- since this is just reducing a debit balance, however she's been good in the past and managed to chip in as I'm sure she will this time.

Well Done Kennyh.

Did you use a standardised letter to commence the claim? if so , would you like to share the contents??

Mr W

Just the CAG template with a schedule of costs. But for what it's worth -

"

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a credit card with Barclaycard in 2004 and now note that a payment protection policy was also installed. I know not how this occurred (it may have been a box ticked in the original application), however I AM certain (and the information supplied to date does not show otherwise) that no-one from your organisation sought, as per FSA guidelines to

· Confirm whether I had any other insurance, or funds, which would cover the credit liability

· Advise that I could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the liability

· Advise that Payment Protection Insurance was not compulsory

· Advise that getting the credit card was not dependant on taking out the Payment Protection Insurance

· explain that there might be certain exclusions within the policy that could affect me

The Terms & Conditions of the small print were not fully explained to me.

In conclusion I would have to say that there appears to have been an over-reliance on product documentation given at the expense of explaining the policy".

They then sent a questionnaire which I ignored with the following "

My reply has been delayed because I have been making enquiries as to the validity and legality of your questionnaire. I find that this is a non-essential item that only you have chosen to try to insert in the claim process. I shall NOT be completing this since it requests information you either have, or would have had were you to have conducted the original ppi sales process correctly. So far as I am concerned this is yet another level of prevarication on the part of Barclays, to which I shall draw the court’s attention should we progress that far. I shall, in fact, proceed along the lines laid down by the FSA (a body partly funded by YOUR bank!)"

Just the CAG template with a schedule of costs. But for what it's worth -

"

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a credit card with Barclaycard in 2004 and now note that a payment protection policy was also installed. I know not how this occurred (it may have been a box ticked in the original application), however I AM certain (and the information supplied to date does not show otherwise) that no-one from your organisation sought, as per FSA guidelines to

· Confirm whether I had any other insurance, or funds, which would cover the credit liability

· Advise that I could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the liability

· Advise that Payment Protection Insurance was not compulsory

· Advise that getting the credit card was not dependant on taking out the Payment Protection Insurance

· explain that there might be certain exclusions within the policy that could affect me

The Terms & Conditions of the small print were not fully explained to me.

In conclusion I would have to say that there appears to have been an over-reliance on product documentation given at the expense of explaining the policy".

They then sent a questionnaire which I ignored with the following "

My reply has been delayed because I have been making enquiries as to the validity and legality of your questionnaire. I find that this is a non-essential item that only you have chosen to try to insert in the claim process. I shall NOT be completing this since it requests information you either have, or would have had were you to have conducted the original ppi sales process correctly. So far as I am concerned this is yet another level of prevarication on the part of Barclays, to which I shall draw the court’s attention should we progress that far. I shall, in fact, proceed along the lines laid down by the FSA (a body partly funded by YOUR bank!)"

OH Simple eh.

I will adjust to suit.

Cheers

Mr W

Just work on the basis that it's 'odds on' that they were in the wrong and (given staff turnover) it's often your word against theirs and their records (and for a big claim do not forget verbal transcriptions of telephone calls) are often not as comprehensive as one might think. Good hunting.

Ken

Had a letter off halifax today saying they up held my complaint!. Got to wait upto a month before they get a figure of the claim tho. But still a win!!

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

PPI vs Halifax one card - WON

CPW- ongoing to remove default :mad:

well done! whyhy do they need a month? they took the money quick enough!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

you need to see how they have calculated your refund before you agree to it - yes

dx

spreadsheets 

I will, I have spoken to the chap looking after the case and he has already confirmed the 8% on top. The reason for a month he said was due to the fact he had to send it to the credit card dept to calculate the figures. So i will be double check when they send it through.:)

PPI vs HFC - ongoing

PPI vs Crap 1 - ongoing

PPI vs Halifax one card - WON

CPW- ongoing to remove default :mad:

what a lload of rubbish they talk! it does not take them 28 days to calculate 8% interest, it is all stalling tactics to keep the money and the interest they are earning on it IMHO, I have been waiting for more than a month and am preparing my particulars of claim to take it to my county court and get my 8% from day one!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi Citizen B

Just re read the paperwork (talk about confusing) think when it comes to basics they are offering me the ppi plus 8% interest and taking me back to how my loan would have been calculated without the ppi.

Michelle