PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

Adding this little victory to the success thread,:D

Oh dear, what did I find on my Abbey loan agreements

Easiest yet:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello HHNF,,

Well Done you. Great result!

party-smiley-018.gif

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Reclaimed ppi due to OH being self employed so far had success with..

Monument - offered £1252 (which included interest)

Still awaiting final sums but

Halifax loans x 3 - admitted that ppi would not have been appropriate and have decided to put in a position if never had ppi

Halifax credit card done the same

Hi There,

Just wondered how long it took halifax to pay you the amount to 'put you back in a position if never had ppi' as i have had this same letter from them regards my loan?

Many thanks!

Hello all

Delighted to tell you I will be getting £4023.76 in PPI premiums back from HSBC plus £807.74 interest at 8%. They have also recalculated the loan taking into account the interest on the PPI and there is now only £78 left to pay....

I wrote one letter only, and heard back within 5 weeks. They have admitted fault; I had Critical Illness Protection and Income Protection and was self-employed when I took the loan out, so they have basically rolled over. Still, I was pretty nervous about taking them on as I have my whole financial life with them. Fantastic result for the price of recorded delivery postage! :grin:

Hello all

Delighted to tell you I will be getting £4023.76 in PPI premiums back from HSBC plus £807.74 interest at 8%. They have also recalculated the loan taking into account the interest on the PPI and there is now only £78 left to pay....

I wrote one letter only, and heard back within 5 weeks. They have admitted fault; I had Critical Illness Protection and Income Protection and was self-employed when I took the loan out, so they have basically rolled over. Still, I was pretty nervous about taking them on as I have my whole financial life with them. Fantastic result for the price of recorded delivery postage! :grin:

Hello Magiciansgirl,

Oh I love a good success, well done:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello magiciansgirl,

Hello all

I know this will be really corny but as magiciansgirl you should have been able to make the last £78 dissappear as well8-)

Congratulations on getting your money back where it belongs:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Wrote to 3 credit card companies a couple of weeks back.

Not heard from MBNA/Virgin Yet..

But Egg have just wrote to me saying that they are going to send a cheque of £293.18 - this includes associated interest charges!!!

Not as much as some people have claimed back but still something!!!

Thanks CAG!!

Well done buffness on the egg result :D

keep after the others;)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Letter yesterday from Ombudsman, 12 months and 3 days after my initial complaint to them. Barclaycard have given me a 'goodwill gesture' (;)) for PPI on credit card from Oct 2003 to date. Awaiting figures and same from MBNA/Goldfish. That'll pay off inland revenue :D

Ripped v Barclaycard - WON!!! :D

Ripped v MBNA - with FOS since Jan 08 with adjudicator ;)

I owe my attitude to Gene Hunt :cool:

hello Jen,

Hi All,

Lloyds have offered to repay PPI plus interest paid upon one of my loans with them - no figures as yet, but success nonetheless!!! NICE ONE jumping-smiley-017.gif

Going to the FO about inappropriate Credit Card insurance and non-compliance of Subject Access Request request!! The non compliance of the SAR should be the Information Commissioners Office just to keep you on track;)

Round 1 to ME!!!

Keep at it everybody :-)

Jen x

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

well done rippedoff 2008,

Letter yesterday from Ombudsman, 12 months and 3 days after my initial complaint to them. Barclaycard have given me a 'goodwill gesture' (:wink:) for PPI on credit card from Oct 2003 to date. Awaiting figures and same from MBNA/Goldfish. That'll pay off inland revenue :grin:

Make sure the gesture of goodwill is a personal cheque in your name;)

this will allow you to spend, which is what the government wants to boost the economy.

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Just obtained default judgment against shabby for £2,550 on a PPI for a loan. They offered the original premiums plus 8% apr £700, I took the claim to CCourt using Misrepresentation Act, Common law, and case law from the stickies asking for restitution. They did not even file acknowledgement. Outside of 6 years from agreement.

hi there

just recieved the questionaire from the ABBEY and they are looking into the ppi i took out

i am self employed then as i am still now

i stated at the time of ppi that i was self employed

and that wife was working nhs

i stated that the lady advisor was pushy and used my ignorance to supply this ppi

can anyone help in the filling out of these forms in a way to look legal

Edited by bobbydog
update

Hello 300,

Just obtained default judgment against shabby for £2,550 on a PPI for a loan. They offered the original premiums plus 8% apr £700, I took the claim to CCourt using Misrepresentation Act, Common law, and case law from the stickies asking for restitution. They did not even file acknowledgement. Outside of 6 years from agreement.

That is a cracking result for PPI reclaim through court action. Most including myself went through the FOS route. If you have any details of the procedures paperwork etc I am sure it would be totally useful for cag members reclaiming PPI through the County Courts.

If you would be willing to start a thread in the PPI forum with more info I am sure it would be of great benefit. If you can help that would be great.:D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

AA I have another bigger PPI court case coming up, which they have filed an acknowledgement on even if late. Just missed a default judgement as they process acknowledgements before default judgements... Yes, I should pull everything together it was my extensive reading on this site which made my mind up to not bother with the FOS for any reason other than to punish the provider with the £350 cost of a case. That will no doubt be charged regardless of your court action invalidating an existing FOS claim. The POC you can get via the stickies is a good source of info.

PPI Success. Won £3,999 with MBNA. Took one letter and they rolled over! offered £1,500 over the phone first which I turned down. 8 days later a letter came through the post for the full amount claiming for.

**quality result** well done enjoy

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from