• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Gizmo111,

You are truely forgiven. :D I realise how busy you are and appreciate the time you have given me and many others.:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Reid vs Lloyds TSB.... Won..lol But cant discuss it at the Momment, But any queries PM me..lol

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...
Me v Lloyds TSB - Won :)

Well done, can you fill us in about it please:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 3 weeks later...

My loan with HSBC had £3,500 added to it upfront for PPI insurance. I complained about this albeit one year later that I believed I was mis-sold this insurance as I was never given the option to take it up or not and that I was not asked about any medical conditions. I was approached by the bank that they would cancel the PPI but I would have to take a new loan out at the rate of 11% (whereas the original loan was 4%). I complained about this and lo and behold I have just received a letter returning my premiums with interest and I can take out a new loan at the original rate. Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took out a loan with northern rock in January and Im quite sure I didnt sign for ppi - but a coupleof months ago I noticed a payment going out for £17.88p for ppi. I wrote and asked to see a signed application for it as im sure I didnt request it, I received a letter full of apologies fromthe insurance company - cardiff pinacle - itself and they credited my account with over £70! - now how long would I have gone on paying without knowing I actually had not asked for it inthe first place?:o I have also been paying my house insurance - buildings and contents in with my mortgage for 17 years until I realised I was paying interest on top of it - no -one ever told me so i looked around and guess what? I now pay £19 a month instead of the £55 I was paying. - scandalous!!! imagin if I could claim all of that back!

Hello, For all of you lovely people who wish to take on these financial institutes for the refund of mis-sold PPI.

Take heart I have been successful with 2 claims. I did not have the privilage of going to court, they settled after I threatened them.:lol:

1. M&S for a loan in 2001. Bit of a fight, but with determination and not taking no for an answer. Tripping them up at every opportunity with their own stupidity. I received £7,600 from them and they still denied it. I fought hard because I knew that I would never have agreed to Paying £4,600 for a ppi, if I had been given that option.

This is the thread if you are interested

subscribed.gifon a mission v ppi

2. Nastywest.for a loan in 2001. Still had a bit of a fight, but again they can up with over £7,111.84

This is this thread is you are interested.

subscribed.gifon a mission phase 2 -v- ppi

My advise is do your homework, when you get your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), still question and question until you get the information you need and then go and get them:lol: It worked for me.

My advise is do your homework, when you get your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), still question and question until you get the information you need and then go and get them:lol: It worked for me.

Good advise Sandra,

Sorry Ive been a bit quiet the past couple of weeks, I have not given up Honest..Just been busy with other things and Family matters.. Just needed a bit of time off to get my head together over some stuff. Im back now though..lol

Ian

x

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting clued up on this.

Endeavour Personal Finance (HSBC). Just got statements on a settled account which I repaid early. Besides showing penalty interest for early repayment it shows £3640 PPI added straight on top of the loan of £14,000. Interest was variable on the total.

I was yes, in financial cash flow difficulty at the time. But, I was in full time employment and my employment contract meant I would be paid for 6 months on full pay if I was sick and 6 on half pay. I think I was mis sold as I don't believe (now admittedly) that I would have taken it out if I was not told it was a condition of the loan.

I am phoning Endeavour today. I will ask for a copy of the insurance policy and consumer credit agreement and see what happens. Will follow it up with full SAR.

Fell like I have been ripped off.

Will let you know how I get on. Advice more than welcome please.;-)

24th Feb 07 Request for refund sent for miss sold PPI taken out in June 2001.

Amount requested £1,100 + 8% = £1473.20 ( don't know how I got that figure!!!!

12th March Letter before action

2nd April Issued Claim Form to local court for £3090 :o .

This figure was gained using the spreadsheets on here and after a couple of messages and advice from Hellhasnofury realising I could also claim the interest paid on the PPI (12.9%= £849.92) AND then add 8%= £942.65. Thanks Hell, owe you a beer:-D

Then heard nothing until a phonecall on 20th June to which I replied :-

Dear ,

Further to our telephone conversation this morning ( 20/06/07 ) regarding our claim for miss-sold PPI we write to clarify the following points.

As you are now aware we filled this claim on 24th February 2007 and wrote in the first instance to the Complaints Department in Andover, a copy of which is attached.

All subsequent correspondence has been filed through Tredegar Park, a copy of this is also attached for your perusal.

As we only received the standard letters asking for more time to look into this claim we carried on with the claim according to the deadlines set out in our letters.

We are not surprised that over 4 months later we have now received a telephone call from you stating you know nothing of this claim, despite a claim form being lodged at ******* County Court on 2nd April 2007, this claim is deemed to have been served 6th April 2007.

As I explained to you on the phone I had 3 other claims running against Lloyds at this time ( one has now been settled in full ) and it is not unusual to receive nothing or hear anything from your company until literally days before these cases are due in court, this pattern is also true for hundreds of other cases that are known to me.

As this claim has now been running for over 4 months and judgement has been passed in my favour we respectfully ask for the amount to be paid within 7 days. After talking with ****** at ******* County Court today I am now well within my rights to issue a warrant of execution to recover the money due to us, this course of action will of course incur further costs to yourselves and we feel we have no other option except to follow this route if this money is not received within the stated 7 days.

The money now due to us stands at £3090.90 plus interest at 0.65p per day from date of issue, this date as set down by the court was 6th April 2007. We calculate at today’s date this was 76 days ago and therefore request an additional £49.40.

I am writing to ask that you pay the amount of £3140.30 as ordered in the judgement within the next 7 days. I expect payment by cheque made payable to ********. If you fail to do this I will have no alternative but to apply for a warrant of execution to reclaim my money.

I would like to take this opportunity to say how disappointed I am that you have failed to make any effort to resolve this matter effectively. All communication from you has been limited to template letters that seem to be aimed at delaying the process rather than resolving the issues. I further believe your lack of response to my claim shares this negative aim.

It seems to me that the way in which Lloyds TSB are using the public court system to delay and discourage customers from reclaiming unlawful bank charges and miss sold PPI claims is immoral, and a complete waste of taxpayers’ money. Furthermore, I believe it to be a completely unnecessary abuse of an overstretched public resource.

I expect your response before 27th June 2007.

Yours Sincerely,

28th June SETTLED IN FULL :-D :-D ( Has anyone noticed I forgot to add in the court costs, oh well, they paid amount of the Judgement, a loss to me of about £50)

One thing I must say though, the girl I spoke to at Lloyds was very good and even phoned today to see if the cheque had arrived, so full credit to her. I hope one day soon that she finds employment in a decent company that deserves to have her.

So once again, thank you Hellhasnofury and everyone on this site.

Thats 5 claims settled in full, I love this site :-D :-D . And of course a donation is on its way once the cheque clears.

I was told by cental capital, that i could not have the 8% loan i was offered, unless i took out insurance. I needed the money, so accepted, as the new rate would have been about 12%.

Last week i wrote to them, saying i was miss-sold the insurance.

Phone call next day, offering me the full amount back, and the interest i had paid - Total repayed £500.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Looks like the are caving in easilly. Perhaps they know the Brown Sticky stuff regarding PPI is not being accepted these days by consumers..

Looks like the are caving in easilly. Perhaps they know the Brown Sticky stuff regarding PPI is not being accepted these days by consumers..

Let battle commence, there is a war on you know:lol:

hi i`m new to all this but i could do with some advice i have 2 PPI`s 1 with on a loan and another on a Credit card both with lloyds i now find my self in financial difficulites and i am wanting to know if i can cnacel my PPI`S as it is not helping me in any way, any advice please :?:

hi i`m new to all this but i could do with some advice i have 2 PPI`s 1 with on a loan and another on a Credit card both with lloyds i now find my self in financial difficulites and i am wanting to know if i can cnacel my PPI`S as it is not helping me in any way, any advice please :?:

Hello Honney.

Please read the sticky for refund of ppi and the following link re refund

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

Please start you own thread on the ppi forum as your post will get lost on here and nowone will see your posts and will not be able to help:D

• 2 months later...
I've just posted to confirm details of my success with PPI on 2 Lloyds TSB Loans.

I'm not sure how to put a link from here, but if an admin can do it, or someone can tell me, that would be great!

Hello Crystaltipps,

Congradulations and well done, If you cannot cut and paste your link to this thread. Just tell us your wonderful story, with all the facts:-D please

Hey Guys,

Barclaycard today refunded all charges, PPI, Contractual at £27.9%, charges for time spent (10 hours at £9.35 per hour) during the claim and 9 letters sent at £6.95 per letter..Total £525.24 pays all the outstanding balance on the card and some covers my WF court cost:)))))

Over the moon:))

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

MrShed v Halifax Card Services - WON

Full refund coming my way for all PPI payments since August 2003, and interest.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!