PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mr Edinburgh7 Vs Welcome Finance and WON just over £3k!!!! They made me work for it though, with over a dozen phonecalls chasing there compliance department, each one between 30 mins - 1hr long!!

Was that for PPI?

If so how long have you had to wait

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that for PPI?

If so how long have you had to wait

Yes that was for PPI on a secured loan.I waited probably the best part of 6 months from memory but there was a lot of issues along the way, with them trying eveything possible to avoid paying it!

• 2 weeks later...

Santander / GE Capital finally coughed up, took them bang on 8 weeks before i was going to the FOS, still have one on HFC with the FOS and 2 with Black Horse and a further one with Lloyds TSB, still ongoing. Fingers crossed they will be all good!

Santander / GE Capital finally coughed up, took them bang on 8 weeks before i was going to the FOS, still have one on HFC with the FOS and 2 with Black Horse and a further one with Lloyds TSB, still ongoing. Fingers crossed they will be all good!

Great news....good luck with the others

ims

MBNA just agreed to pay up and only took 2 letters. Have another one with them pending so can't see there being a problem with that either now they have admitted the first. HFC also agreed to pay but want to offset against balance. I think not as this was included in BR and therefore debt is settled.

I had success with BOS on one account which had been sold to Cabot DCA (Debt purchaser). The debt was written off as a result of my loan agreement being a multiple agreement and the agreement unenforceable. Morgans, Cabot solicitors also botched up litigation too so effectively withdrew their claim anyway and paid my legal costs.

Important issue here was, there was a large balance remaining before this litigation and BOS wanted to pay PPI back to Cabot rather than to me and I argued that as the Debt Purchaser (Cabot only paid something like 8% of the face value of the debt for the loan and the PPI was over £5k Cabot would be Unjustly Enriched.....(which in laymans terms means they would profit unfairly from this)as they bought the debt for approximately £1500 at the very most. They had also settled in a full and final settlement as a result of the above litigation farce.

BOS said in letter that they will, in that case refund any monies to me having considered those points raised.

They paid out despite the fact I had made a claim for a full one year of monthly payments the insurance company paid, but they quite fairly reduced my claim by the benefit I had received, which was a pity because it made into hundreds what would have been thousands, but hey-ho all we want is fairness.

Success, with a twist which may help others. (Especially as my mates Cabot got not a bean!:lol:

I'm confused and happy! :???::whoo:

Happy because today I had a letter from Egg Loans today agreeing a PPI award of £4457, cancelling the £2025 debt owed and a nice cheque for £1957.99 which will go a long way toward clearing my overdraft and credit card.

Confused because of the charges they applied. Could somebody please visit my thread in the Egg section and advise me please?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?188382-Egg-Loan-and-Me-(hello!)/page2

please ouline the details of the settlement figure

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I got Refund of Premium

Refund of Interest applied to the account becasue of the PPI

Interest @ 8% Simple

Claimed Contractual they paid Simple - are any folks getting Contractual?

noomill060 says it dwarfs PPI Premiums, Contractual makes a huge difference.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Just wanted to share this........I've had success with Cahoot (Santander). Wrote to them re: personal online loan taken out with them and 2 weeks later I've received a letter saying they've reviewed my claim etc and they're offering me £4064.85p. The loan was for £12k. To aid swift refund they're sending it via electronic transfer if I accept.

Well my bits all signed and I'm sending it back tm first thing ....they even supplied a pre-paid envelope first class.

RESULT.......................................just got to hear back off others now.

Good luck all :-D

HI

Just wanted to share this........I've had success with Cahoot (Santander). Wrote to them re: personal online loan taken out with them and 2 weeks later I've received a letter saying they've reviewed my claim etc and they're offering me £4064.85p. The loan was for £12k. To aid swift refund they're sending it via electronic transfer if I accept.

Well my bits all signed and I'm sending it back tm first thing ....they even supplied a pre-paid envelope first class.

RESULT.......................................just got to hear back off others now.

Good luck all :-D

Well done, ronnie :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Capital One CapQuest Success

One letter following the guides and advice given here claiming PPI premiums and interest on them, and a letter back after only 4 weeks offering all premiums, very little interest (as aposed to my claim), but the 8% interest which I hadn't hit them with yet. As it all came to about the same figures I accpeted their offer.

Thanks again Caggers, I'll be making a donation again.

MBNA paying up!

Gob-smacked, thought they would be the really tricky one based on the problems people have had with them in the past and I had ticked the box etc so all my word against theirs re. mis-sale.

However one stroppy letter, couple of 'we're looking into your complaint' and 'sorry for the delay' responses from them and now MBNA are paying back Premiums + CI + 8% £7500 (approx, sorry haven't got the letter in front of me)

Don't give up and don't give in!

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

can you post up the letter

this is a real change for MBNA

what calcs did they use?

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

Won't be able to load anything for a bit because I'm away for the next couple of weeks but the figures were approx

PPI premiums £2500

Interest £4000

8% Interest £1000

Actual figures weren't so neat and rounded up obviously and haven't received cheque yet (card has a zero balance so they can't try and off set it against anything) should have cheque within 28 days. I haven't had a chance to check the figures against my mountain of paperwork and they didn't state how they had calculated it but the PPI premiums figure sounded about right, will go through everything when I get back.

Score Card

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

And another thing while I remember - I took out the card and PPI in 1998 - they are refunding PPI charged from the sale date so they're not attempting to just refund the 'last 6 years' or time-barring etc.

Score Card

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102