• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just wana share with everybody cc ppi refund

letter today from mbna sent final response that there sending cheque for 1062 on all ppi deducted from me.........sent letter regard cca which is trash that ppi wasnt agreed they sent me cock and bull letter saying they had telephone conversation and i said no record on sar and theyb cracked ...............cool a refund its on its way I HOPE ! and link still chasing me.... scared! not! as there cca is trash

thanks everyone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its good to see that PPI is being refunded a bit easier these days too, Bit of a change from 2 years ago.

Well done to all who have continued to battle over the big RIP off PPI

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Mr Landy's Sainsbury's loan PPI refund cheques have now cleared and been used to pay some bills so despite being a bit of a fiasco, this is another success thanks to Cag:D

Next time hopefully we'll be able to make a donation as a sign of our appreciation!

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Mr Landy's Sainsbury's loan PPI refund cheques have now cleared and been used to pay some bills so despite being a bit of a fiasco, this is another success thanks to Cag:D

Next time hopefully we'll be able to make a donation as a sign of our appreciation!

Do you have a thread title that I can stick a **won** on :)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Do you have a thread title that I can stick a **won** on :)

I do indeed Alan, but I'm afraid I'm hopeless at links - it's almost at the top of the PPI pile though, so you can't miss it;)

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi folks, Can you help me please re; Cahoot Flexi Loan PPI claim. Should I write to Abbey H.O, or is there a separate one for Cahoot. I have completed paying the loan now, but had PPI which was automatically incl. in repayments. I reckon it's about £600 I paid for something I didnt need or want. Any advice? Many thanks!

Hi folks, Can you help me please re; Cahoot Flexi Loan PPI claim. Should I write to Abbey H.O, or is there a separate one for Cahoot. I have completed paying the loan now, but had PPI which was automatically incl. in repayments. I reckon it's about £600 I paid for something I didnt need or want. Any advice? Many thanks!

start you own thread

and look at the notes for claimant stickie at the top of the forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This morning I received a cheque from CitiFinancial Europe plc for £1639.74 as full settlement of my PPI claim including £200 compensation awarded by Financial Ombudsman for stress etc.

A long wait but well worth it thanks to CAG.

Well worth mentioning that final decision by FOS was handed down on 21/10/2009, Citi given four weeks to repond which they didn't.

Letter sent to Citi dated 19/11/2009 advising pending legal action.

Letter received today dated 26/11/2009 enclosing two cheques one dated 12/11/2009 and the other 19/11/2009.

Edited by trevorvale
Addition of info

This morning I received a cheque from CitiFinancial Europe plc for £1639.74 as full settlement of my PPI claim including £200 compensation awarded by Financial Ombudsman for stress etc.

well done

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi just wana share with everybody cc ppi refund

letter today from mbna sent final response that there sending cheque for 1062 on all ppi deducted from me.........sent letter regard cca which is trash that ppi wasnt agreed they sent me cock and bull letter saying they had telephone conversation and i said no record on sar and theyb cracked ...............cool a refund its on its way I HOPE ! and link still chasing me.... scared! not! as there cca is trash

thanks everyone

Well worth mentioning that final decision by FOS was handed down on 21/10/2009, Citi given four weeks to repond which they didn't.

Letter received today dated 26/11/2009 enclosing two cheques one dated 12/11/2009 and the other 19/11/2009.

Excellent news from all of you. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Good result well done thanks for posting in the successes sticky ;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

were you in arrears?

if not they cannot do that, they must pay by cheque

did you not get their std acceptance letter.

dx

and they

No the loan was cleared over 2 years ago, they sent out a letter offering a settlement plus 8% interest and asked for bank account details to pay the funds into, and advised that this could not be a third party account. i sent back and they received on 26/11/09 but have not heard anything yet.

Had an offer from HFC for amount plus 8% interest, I sent this back and they signed for on 26/11, can anyone please advise how long this usually takes to pay into my account, as they have advised that this is the only way of paying it.

Hi is there still any outstanding monies owing, I ask this as my OH was made an offer 3 weeks ago but the offer if accepted would just come off the balance of the loan that is owed.

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

I would like to point out that this forum is the stickies for successes on PPI Claims. If you have any other questions/issues then you should start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

Thank you

This is pointed to

dx100uk

ikonos

Mr Worried

Please try to keep the PPI successes as it is. If you have further issues then that is fine and would require a further issue in an appropriate thread.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I would like to point out that this forum is the stickies for successes on PPI Claims. If you have any other questions/issues then you should start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

Thank you

This is pointed to

dx100uk

ikonos

Mr Worried

Please try to keep the PPI successes as it is. If you have further issues then that is fine and would require a further issue in an appropriate thread.

aa

aa, sorry for that, however I responded as I always do as soon as I get the e-mail informing me that my subbing has been alerted, so I click and reply if I can, what else am I supposed to do?

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• 2 weeks later...

Received PPI rebate in full plus associated interest and then 8% on top from barclays. First complained April 09, complaint forwarded to ombudsman August 09 and barclays roll over Dec09, full amount credited to current a/c.

Keep plugging away at them people, it can sometimes be a long hall, but so worth it in the end.

Well Done !! dj :D

Nice time to get a win.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

Well done! :) keep posting nice result to wipe out the balance :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Re; Cahoot Flexi Loan. PPI mis-sold.

After ONE letter (my reminder has crossed in the post) they (Santander, was Cahoot) have upheld the complaint and offered to refund me in full. £550 PPI premiums, plus £250 interest = £800.00 on its way when I send in the agreement form. Very, very happy indeed! :p

Re; Cahoot Flexi Loan. PPI mis-sold.

After ONE letter (my reminder has crossed in the post) they (Santander, was Cahoot) have upheld the complaint and offered to refund me in full. £550 PPI premiums, plus £250 interest = £800.00 on its way when I send in the agreement form. Very, very happy indeed! :p

Well done layer cake makes for a Happy Start to the New Year :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello, Please excuse my ignorance on these matters... I need all your expert help and opinions. I have been approached by two different companies wanting to 'help' me to reclaim a PPI and other charges relating to credit cards no longer used. Both companies required payments upfront. A posting on this forum suggests I can do it myself - can anyone help me in the right direction? I've been really ill and off work for months and when these companies ring it seems a good idea to let someone else do the work :? as I'm so shattered with it all. Many thanks for your time..........