• Tweets

• Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I took out an FP loan for £56,000 of which £8,000 was PPI. After writing to FP outlining reasons for mis-selling they eventually offered me £2,693 compensation. I declined the "fob off" money and lodged paperwork with the Financial Ombudsman. That was in march 09. When I spoke to the caseworker he said that they had contacted FP to obtain details but they had received no response to thrit requests. In view of this my case was passed to the adjudicator for a decision.

I heard today that the adjudicator has confirmed that PPI should be repaid (claim also includes interest and 8% stat interest). FP have now got a month to respond/appeal to the ombudsman.

I'm still holding my breath as FP failed to repsond to the FOS previously but I would imagine that a letter to them informing them to repay will actually get some kind of response.

it has taken a while for me to arrive at this decision and I am still not convinced that FP will pay up - particularly all that should be refunded taking into account the early settlement but thought it might give everyone some idea of the timescale for my case to take this route.

Optimistic but not overly confident. Good luck to everyone else seeking resolution and never give in against this lot.

JC:smile:

Looking promising :wink: please post again when the money is in your wallet:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello im new to this site and Ive been reading with great interest over the last few days . I believe i was ripped off by the Bank of Scotland on several loans about five or six years ago , the loans culminated into a combined loan of over £14,000 . I ran into difficulties and they settled for £9000 . It has left me with ill feeling towards the bank because i feel i was forced into taking the last loan because i was behind with my payments and if my memory is correct i think i was sold ppi along with the loans at some point or other . Can anyone put me on the right road as to how i go about finding out if i am elligible for some kind of refund if i indeed did have ppi , this is my first post so please accept my appologies if it is worded wrong , thanks

Hello im new to this site and Ive been reading with great interest over the last few days . I believe i was ripped off by the Bank of Scotland on several loans about five or six years ago , the loans culminated into a combined loan of over £14,000 . I ran into difficulties and they settled for £9000 . It has left me with ill feeling towards the bank because i feel i was forced into taking the last loan because i was behind with my payments and if my memory is correct i think i was sold ppi along with the loans at some point or other . Can anyone put me on the right road as to how i go about finding out if i am elligible for some kind of refund if i indeed did have ppi , this is my first post so please accept my appologies if it is worded wrong , thanks

You are posting in the wrong area my friend.

Please start your own thread

Just click here and give it a name that you will remember then save into your favourites.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

It's well worth the wait and the letter writing. I just got back just short of £2000 from a Citi Financial Europe loan I'd recently paid off.

Stick at it! :cool:

HSBC Current - Prelim sent 14/07/06 £585 claimed :shock:

Halifax Current- Prelim sent 14/07/06 £176 claimed:eek:

HSBC Current- LBA sent 25/07/06 £585 claimed:cool:

Halifax Current- LBA sent 25/07/06 £176 claimed:cool:

Claims settled 12/08/06 Halifax £176,HSBC £485 :p

A & L Switching Bonus 03/02/09 £100

Citi Financial Europe PPI reclaim 02/06/09 £1890 :cool:

hi iv just had my wecome ppi claim upheld by the fos they av to pay all ppi plus interest and charges and 8% plus 200 compensation they say it may take up to 8 weeks to pay out ,does anyone know if they do take the full 8 weeks as they have to pay interest up to the date of payout .as anyone had success this way with welcome ,were they straight forward or did they mess them about :eek:

hi iv just had my wecome ppi claim upheld by the fos they av to pay all ppi plus interest and charges and 8% plus 200 compensation they say it may take up to 8 weeks to pay out ,does anyone know if they do take the full 8 weeks as they have to pay interest up to the date of payout .as anyone had success this way with welcome ,were they straight forward or did they mess them about :eek:

Believe me they will no doubt hang on for the full 8 weeks. If you get no repayment go back to the FOS.

I think they will pay the 8% up until settlement is agreed not necessarily up to the date of payment.

A win is a win :D

Well done

aa

Do you have a link to your thread so I can edit the title to add a **WON**

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

my letter of the fos definately states to date of payout i know a win is great but i won,t feel it til it,s in my bank as it seems welcome maybe on their way out you know wat i mean:wink:

sure when you have the money is better keep at them :D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Re Violet Hill Welcome PPI.

Well done my claim with Welcome is now going for 2 1/2 years, first with Welcome, then FOS who said they didnt cover it and now with solicitors for the past 18 months .

Dont know who is worse Welcome or the Solicitors .

Claim was for a 2004 case and they said they didn't cover it ,subsequently they did write to me about six months later and asked me to send details as they said they may cover it by which times it was with the solicitors

do you pay for the solicitor? i.d get all the evidence together and try the fos again wat can it hurt, i can only go by my case and i feel they treat it fairly it.s your call maybe someone else with more exp will help on cag if your fed up of the solicitor then thats your answer:wink:

Hi, Sent one letter to RBS. Received letter back, saying not admitting liabilty but as goodwill gesture etc etc. Got all money back paid todate and loan repayments being adjusted. Just waiting for refund £ to go into account.....anyone know how long that will take. Sent the signed acceptance back on tues.

Thanks for everyones help!

Hi, Sent one letter to RBS. Received letter back, saying not admitting liabilty but as goodwill gesture etc etc. Got all money back paid todate and loan repayments being adjusted. Just waiting for refund £ to go into account.....anyone know how long that will take. Sent the signed acceptance back on tues.

Not sure but you can bet they will take a while to refund you :rolleyes:

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I can never understand why they take so long because surely the longer they take the more it is costing them in interest and this has got to be a bad use of money specially if the babk is owned or part owned by the tax payer.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Both my husband and my son had refunds earlier this month from RBS. My son had his credited in 2 weeks but my husband's took nearly 4, which was the timeframe stated on the RBS acceptance form.

Good luck!!

Well done :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

hey iam new 2 this site but have looked apon it 4 advice a few times,

this is the situation iam in and was really hoping some1 could help me:-)

After being miss sold ppi on my credit card,for the last 5years.

i wrote a letter of complaint barclaycard,for a refund.

after a letter back from barclaycard,saying i have investigated this matter and would like to share my findings... theres a lack od evidence supporting my claim but i will offer u the value of the payment protection premiums + 8% interest,i was over the moon,finally i can actually get my money back that they have been ripping me off,

but as of 2day iam less than impressed and just dont know what to do next..

2day they sent me a letter saying thanx for the responce and the amount has been refunded to my barclaycard account,

how can they get away with this?and is there anyway i can get my money they have been taking off me back in my hands?

any help would be great right now,

and if anyone else has had the same done.

Hi Ceri09 & Steven,

I have also just received a ppi letter from barclaycard admitting mis selling, they also stated that they're policy is to return the account to where it would have been (financially) had ppi not been taken. In my case they offered just the refund of premiums + 8% interest on that total.

Of course this doesnt go anywhere near putting the account to where it would have been had ppi not been applied, so it has been flatly rejected, they would have seen me off for about £5k had I accepted.

Beachy