PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Absolutely marvellous you lot:grin: Well done, I do like to see successful claims:D

I do believe I have had a bit of a success myself this week, with my complaint regarding mis-sold insurances, but will fully report when the cheque is issued and safetly in my bank balance :D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WON*********

Sent a letter to Welcome Finance in mid August requesting a refund of my PPI .

Got 2 letters saying they were looking in to the matter and they would be in touch soon

Got a cheque today for just over £1000 can't believe it!!! :):)

WON*********

Sent a letter to Welcome Finance in mid August requesting a refund of my PPI .

Got 2 letters saying they were looking in to the matter and they would be in touch soon

Got a cheque today for just over £1000 can't believe it!!! :):)

Many congrats, excellent result for the cost of a stamp! - u go!

in a mess

welcome paid up on ppi with out a fight, thats a first

may i ask, what were your arguments for future reference to help more caggers

I believed my policy was missold i had a single premium ppi policy, i repaid my loan early & the ppi added £2.5k onto the total of the loan.

Welcome did say in their letter that they disagreed with my points raised but as a gesture of goodwill they were refunding me.

Well Done Tiger:D

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Tiger,

Please see post 13 by bookworm on this thread...

*** THE FORUM NEEDS HELP - Please read ***

Postal order will probably also be most welcome I should think.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

PPI Success - My first one!!

Argos Storecard - Standard letter sent on the 22nd Sept, letter recvd yesterday with a copy of CCA. Letter stated I had asked for PPI then crossed the "no" box yet they still charged me?!?!

Anyway they have refunded £677, this has been taken off my balance. I'm over the moon as have another few PPI claims in so this gives me hope!

Does anyone know though if I can request the payment via cheque rather than coming off my balance? It just means I'd betempted to spend more in Argos now?!?!?

PPI Success - My first one!!

Argos Storecard - Standard letter sent on the 22nd Sept, letter recvd yesterday with a copy of CCA. Letter stated I had asked for PPI then crossed the "no" box yet they still charged me?!?!

Anyway they have refunded £677, this has been taken off my balance. I'm over the moon as have another few PPI claims in so this gives me hope!

Does anyone know though if I can request the payment via cheque rather than coming off my balance? It just means I'd betempted to spend more in Argos now?!?!?

Hello Orange6,

Well done for your success, write to them and demand that they refund you the £677, plus the contractual interest, to yourself in the form of a personal cheque, for them to refund it to your balance is controlling the money they unlawfully took from you.in taking money you had not consented for them to have, or your will pursue them via the courts

Can you give us a link to your thread, so we can assist you please:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks Maggie!

HHNF - Thanks for the advice, I emailed them immediately on Sat afternoon I'll keep you posted with the response.

I havent yet set up a thread for my other claims but I'm certainly going to, I didn't think it would be soooo easy, people need to know so they can go after them too!!!!

Nice result orange6,

well done keep at em;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I love posting on this success thread and even more when it is my success:grin:

Here is the thread if anybody is interest:grin:

Always remember, do not give up and chip and chip away at them:grin:

It works for me:grin:

Hells v Creation finance

Well Done again:-D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Won my claim with FirstPlus - yippeeee

I must say it wasn't too problematic. Sent 1st letter and got fobbed off i.e. "we've listened to phone calls and we did nothing wrong" !!

Then requested S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and the conversations I listened to were very revealing. These companies are very good at informing you what they did tell you but fortunately it's what they DON'T tell you that gives you the proof you need.

Getting single premium plus interest refunded, plus all ppi payments made to date. Loan will be rescheduled and hopefully repayments will be significantly reduced.

I now am in pursuit of other missold ppi and wish everyone the best of luck.......

Hello Orange6,

Well done for your success, write to them and demand that they refund you the £677, plus the contractual interest, to yourself in the form of a personal cheque, for them to refund it to your balance is controlling the money they unlawfully took from you.in taking money you had not consented for them to have, or your will pursue them via the courts

Can you give us a link to your thread, so we can assist you please:grin:

No joy with the cheque request, got a very snotty reply. I even tried the emailing the CEO. Do you think I should just give up on that one??!

Well done Feebs... I'm just starting against FirstPlus, and might call on you if I run into problems.

But you give me hope! :cool:

Thanks a lot and good luck with your claim....more than happy to help if you ever need advice.

Cheers

Hello davey r,

I didnt get a huge payout but i bought a laptop with dell. They gave me back 95 pounds and have reduced my finance payments by 5 pound a month. not a huge amount but a success at least!

Well done on a good win was this the MBNA fight or another you had in the pipeline?

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from