• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Just wondered if you had any advice for me, Cardif Pinnacle have refused to pay hubbies claim as he is unable to work due to health problems, ( he is self employed ), it's been going on since feb 2007, inaitally paying 4 months premium then refusing, as his problem was stress related, nothing of the sort, all kinds of other excuses, the latest is recent test came back o.k, he has been refered to a pain clinic to help symptons thus enableing him to eventualy return to work, this was the consultants words ( cardiff pinnacle rquested this consultant to organise a scan etc) he is still under the doctor. This was my second apeal first one accepted in June 2007. I handed details and documented time line to the finance ombudsman October 2007 and a descision should have been made by cardif Pinnacle within 8 week, it wasn't, they requested more information from my GP and so on. Monthly updaes from the ombusmen saying they are still waiting for my case to be assigned to a case worker and apologise for the delay.

I wouldn't mind but G E money said this cover must be takn out for this secured loan. Whats the point if they wont pay when you need financial support. I work full time, but beginning to feel the strain with two teenage boys. Sorry this is so long but it seems never ending and it's not helping healthwise.I feel better hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Sunndee

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello sunnydee,

Hi. Just wondered if you had any advice for me, Cardif Pinnacle have refused to pay hubbies claim as he is unable to work due to health problems, ( he is self employed ), it's been going on since feb 2007, inaitally paying 4 months premium then refusing, as his problem was stress related, nothing of the sort, all kinds of other excuses, the latest is recent test came back o.k, he has been refered to a pain clinic to help symptons thus enableing him to eventualy return to work, this was the consultants words ( cardiff pinnacle rquested this consultant to organise a scan etc) he is still under the doctor. This was my second apeal first one accepted in June 2007. I handed details and documented time line to the finance ombudsman October 2007 and a descision should have been made by cardif Pinnacle within 8 week, it wasn't, they requested more information from my GP and so on. Monthly updaes from the ombusmen saying they are still waiting for my case to be assigned to a case worker and apologise for the delay.

I wouldn't mind but G E money said this cover must be takn out for this secured loan. Whats the point if they wont pay when you need financial support. I work full time, but beginning to feel the strain with two teenage boys. Sorry this is so long but it seems never ending and it's not helping healthwise.I feel better hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Sunndee

This thread on the forum is for successful PPI claims may I suggest you start your own personal thread which will allow you to post your concerns and get answers to your concerns without any mix up with other threads.

If you look at the top of the PPI forum you will see a button (NEW THREAD) click on that give it a name and your own user name and away you go. I am sure you will get the help you require.

regards

aa

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 3 weeks later...

Another success!!

£160 from HFC for PPI added to a loan account I held with them taken out in 2003. Add s69 interest and court costs the total amount claimed was over £220. I did have to take them to court, however they settled in full before they submitted their defence.

NEXT!!!!! :D

Good Afternnon, first time poster so a bit nervous!!!!

Please could somebody either reassure me or give me a reality check as I am living a nervous existence awaiting the out come of my PPI claims.

I have two that are currently in adjudication with the FOS, they were placed last week. One is against Barclays/First Plus and the other Capital One. On both caese I was sold a single premium without it being explained.I settled both large loans within six months of their start, I was charged £9,500 for the Barclays loan and £7,500 for the Capital One. Barclays have offered £5,000, but with interest as these loans were 3 and 5 years ago respectively I estimate that I should be able to claim in excess of £20,000 for the two together.

I was interested to hear from anyone withe the same experience and wondered how long, from the point that I am at at the minute do I have to obtain a result, as I have been made redundant and this money is so god damn needed you would not believe!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Good Afternnon, first time poster so a bit nervous!!!!

Please could somebody either reassure me or give me a reality check as I am living a nervous existence awaiting the out come of my PPI claims.

I have two that are currently in adjudication with the FOS, they were placed last week. One is against Barclays/First Plus and the other Capital One. On both caese I was sold a single premium without it being explained.I settled both large loans within six months of their start, I was charged £9,500 for the Barclays loan and £7,500 for the Capital One. Barclays have offered £5,000, but with interest as these loans were 3 and 5 years ago respectively I estimate that I should be able to claim in excess of £20,000 for the two together.

I was interested to hear from anyone withe the same experience and wondered how long, from the point that I am at at the minute do I have to obtain a result, as I have been made redundant and this money is so god damn needed you would not believe!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance.

Hi, don't be nervous, we are all in this boat together. This is a brill forum and needless to say it has helped me loads and no doubt the same for you too. Ask the forum and they will answer, you'll see .... GOOD LUCK!

• 4 weeks later...

After a complaint to the FOS we have received a letter stating that HBOS are not excepting liability but as a 'gesture of goodwill' are willing to refund all ppi payments plus interest plus 8% statutory interest. Not sure how much this will be but looking at about 4k. :)

As there is still an outstanding balance on the credit card, does anyone know whether they will pay the money to card or will we receive a cheque? Can we insist on a cheque as we have other outstanding debts?

After a complaint to the FOS we have received a letter stating that HBOS are not excepting liability but as a 'gesture of goodwill' are willing to refund all ppi payments plus interest plus 8% statutory interest. Not sure how much this will be but looking at about 4k. :)

As there is still an outstanding balance on the credit card, does anyone know whether they will pay the money to card or will we receive a cheque? Can we insist on a cheque as we have other outstanding debts?

Hi, good to read your story ... I am about to start one against a bank ... can you let me know what template you used please? Thanks

Hello twinsmum,

congratulations on your success:D .

I would not wait too long. I would tend to write to them (as the FOS ruling was in your favour) and give them a date telling them if they do not comply by that date in light of the FOS decision you will raise another complaint to as many financial institutions as you can Information Commissioners Office, FSA, FOS (again) OFT and anyone elso who may be able to give them a black mark!

The more complaints against these people the sooner they will face a possible fine and or lose the licence to trade.

I am no legal expert so double check before you proceed. If these greedy people cannot follow the law of the land then they deserve whatever comes their way.

Well done again

aa

I have been 'fobbed off' by Barclaycard on 2 ppi claims I have made. They issued a 'final response' (sod off letter). What should i do next?

I don't think you can insist on it, and it is likely that they will use it to pay off your card first.

However, Both Natwest and Lloyds paid me direct for my claims, as they were happy to keep me in debt to them.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I don't think you can insist on it, and it is likely that they will use it to pay off your card first.

However, Both NatWest and Lloyds paid me direct for my claims, as they were happy to keep me in debt to them.

Its your Money -- You decide how you want it paid back.. and stick to it.. Don't be fobbed off by them..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

FOS Upheld my complaint and i was awarded back the full PPI on both loans plus interest minus the money that had been paid out in claims.

Letter from FOS saying someone would be assigned my case 1 week later i had letter from my bank offering me the money

Many thanks guys and this would not have been possibel without everyones help

Money donated to keep it going !!!!

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal Experiences/Mistakes lol...

Hi all

Just a note to say that before I joined this site (yesterday) I was successful in claiming the following:

2 x Abbey Loans £1600 / £3600 successful

1 x Paragon Finance 3,500 approx successful

1 x MNBA £1583 successfu

Barclay Card still awaiting response

I have templates that I used I am happy to post them onto the site should anyone require them

Hi all

Just a note to say that before I joined this site (yesterday) I was successful in claiming the following:

2 x Abbey Loans £1600 / £3600 successful

1 x Paragon Finance 3,500 approx successful

1 x MNBA £1583 successfu

Barclay Card still awaiting response

I have templates that I used I am happy to post them onto the site should anyone require them

Hello, yes please ... i would very much like to see the template format you used & also how long it took you from start to end. Regards

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account Number

I purchased the above policy(s) from you in around year 2000 and topped the loan again but repaid the loan in 2005 but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following:

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

· your salesperson did not tell me that the policy was optional and I have since realised that I could have taken alternative insurance cover.

· your salesperson did not give me full information on what the policy would and would not cover I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Papadak

This is the letter that I used I have the website that you go on to adapt the letter to suit needs but not sure if you can post them on this site but this is my letter that I have used on all of my claims.

Good luck should you need the second letter let me know and I will send that one to you also

This is the PPI Successes forum team, can you please start your own threads in the PPI section, where you will get more help.

Thank you . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account Number

I purchased the above policy(s) from you in around year 2000 and topped the loan again but repaid the loan in 2005 but now believe that I was mis-sold this policy for the following:

This is due to the fact that I was not given the correct information when the policy was sold to me, as

· your salesperson did not tell me that the policy was optional and I have since realised that I could have taken alternative insurance cover.

· your salesperson did not give me full information on what the policy would and would not cover I am concerned the sales assistant that sold me the policy has no financial background and the policy was not sold in my best interests.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Papadak

This is the letter that I used I have the website that you go on to adapt the letter to suit needs but not sure if you can post them on this site but this is my letter that I have used on all of my claims.

Good luck should you need the second letter let me know and I will send that one to you also

Hi yes please, whatever template you have for me to see. I've noticed that sommeone says we should start out our thread ... so if you want to that's fine ... thanks

Well my battle with Beneficial Finance is over - and I won.

The loan has now been settled and as of about 6.30pm I am C. £2.5k better off as well.

As a result of all this I am £160 better off each month.

Ok, so it took just over a year from start to finish and Beneficial Finance swore blind that PPI was not mis sold but at the end of the day what the FOS says goes :)

A wee donation will be made in due course

Hello SAB,

Well my battle with Beneficial Finance is over - and I won.

The loan has now been settled and as of about 6.30pm I am C. £2.5k better off as well.

As a result of all this I am £160 better off each month.

Ok, so it took just over a year from start to finish and Beneficial Finance swore blind that PPI was not mis sold but at the end of the day what the FOS says goes :-)

Well done you:D

They do not make life very easy. Media state massive mis-selling £1.4Billion in mis-sold PPI and all the sellers put their hands up and say not me guv we would never do anything like that. Just try and hang on to the money which is making them lots of dosh every day.

regards

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello SAB,

Well done you:D

They do not make life very easy. Media state massive mis-selling £1.4Billion in mis-sold PPI and all the sellers put their hands up and say not me guv we would never do anything like that. Just try and hang on to the money which is making them lots of dosh every day.

regards

aa

:-D:-D:-D:-D

Well done SAB - enjoy your well earned money!

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

I just won my PPI Claim against HSBC. £1,166 is on its way back to me. I sent my first letter 6 weeks ago, had a contact letter at 4 weeks saying investigating and my offer letter came through yesterday

WOO

HSBC charges WON (april 07): £1,103.00

HSBC PPI WON!!! (July 2008): £1,166.00

HFC PPI WON!!! (August 2008) £2,100:D

March 09: failed the fight to write off HSBC Managed Loan due to non compliance of SAR! after they finally produced my signed loan!

August 10: Fighting TBI for disputed account due to the fact they can't produce my signed loan copy.

Well done bb23 :D

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

• 3 weeks later...