• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I thought i would post here that A&L have agreed to refund monies paid for PPI as part of a loan i took out 18 mths ago, i was miss sold as i informed the sales person i had private PP ins, and he insisted that without this being part of the loan i would be refused.

A&L have issued new loan agreements taking off the ppi charge, i am awaiting my returned payment of $550.

I also challanged the first offer as they did not add the 8% interest, they added it without any quibble at all.

thanks

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I thought i would post here that A&L have agreed to refund monies paid for PPI as part of a loan i took out 18 mths ago, i was miss sold as i informed the sales person i had private PP ins, and he insisted that without this being part of the loan i would be refused.

A&L have issued new loan agreements taking off the ppi charge, i am awaiting my returned payment of $550.

I also challanged the first offer as they did not add the 8% interest, they added it without any quibble at all.

thanks

Well done to you Julie. And full credit to A&L.

Some banks are going to come out of this with much more credibility than others.

Are you watching Barclays?.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got phone call today to say blackhorse agree to payout:eek:

A big thank you to everybody who helped and the FOS:D

Just waiting for blackhorse to let me know what they will refund me and FOS have said 8% is to be paid.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my question, I have cancelled some PPI from my Credit Cards and took a private one. The thing is that I never asked a refund, because I didn't know I could request it, I do remember having to do a cancellation in writting, to Mint Card as they didn't take a cancellation over the phone, and in all this, I don;t remember agreeing conciously to get a PPI when I took the card. I think I am still paying a PPI with the Debenhams card, which it was sold to me by a sales assistant and I don't remember any of this being advise to me. How do I start to get this around, considering that I have been paying this more more than 6 years...:(

Hi Zara. Your questions will get overlooked in this successes forum.

Ask your questions again here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/

Give as much information as possible, and somebody will be along soon.

Good luck.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Congratulations.

Fantastic result.

I have posted this on my thread but thought I would post here also for others who might miss it.

After my third letter First Plus have caved in and offered me my full premium of £7836.80 plus interest.

Keep going, persistance pays off!

HF79 :grin: :grin:

Wonderful news, bet you still have a grin on your face,:D

Well done and thanks for letting us know:D

It inspires us all:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

Sent 1st letter 8 weeeks ago to the day saying I was didnt want it but was persuaded + I was self employed

They Replied saying you knew what was included, was explained etc.

Sent 2nd letter asking for full list of differences between self employed and employed cover and quoting the missreprasentation act thingy, also threatening to use anything sent as evidence in court.

Today day 56 get a letter offering full refund in the way of £1004.70 clearing arrears on the loan and a cheque for £700, balance on the loan is £2100 so i'm going to ask them to take the lot from the balance and pay the rest off next week. No 8% but tbh i'm in no position to wait any longer and with extra late charges and stuff this is the best way.

No admission of liability just on a goodwill basis.

Well done crugga.

Funny how they never admit they are wrong.

Well done crugga.

Funny how they never admit they are wrong.

1st thing I thought. For the record it was Alliance and Leicester and they dealt with the complaint very well and decently. From what ive read cant see it being so easy with mbna.

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have had a number of loans out over the years but cannot remember if insurance was included. i know I had to pay penalities as i paid off early. also i have a store card that charges insurance this was more than intrest i was paying i have just written and cancelled it. it states on the back of the bill no premiums will be given i think i was missold this because i tried to make a claim last year but was told i would need papers from the job centre and could not get them so could not claim. can anyone advise please

Hello crugga!

Are you going after the MBNA?

Just asking, as they are more or less Top of my own Hit List at the moment, mainly for Loan PPI, but also for Card Charges.

Cheers,

BRW

Gonna have a go, only thing was I was not self employed when they started however I even now could not tell you what i'm covered for which is enough of an excuse for a missale. 1st I knew was a letter telling may theyd reduced my ppi payments so I just didnt really know i'd got it.

Hello Crugga!

Rather than hi-jack this Thread, if you could perhaps keep me posted via my own MBNA PPI Thread below:

MBNA PPI Unsecured Loans Eyes Wide Shut

Or let me know when you start your own MBNA PPI Thread, I'll try to keep you posted on any progress I make.

Cheers,

BRW

Hi guys and gals hope someone can help me.

I took out a personal loan with natwest 15 months ago and although i did not request insurance proptection, It was added to the loan. I have just found out aboutit and immediately cancelled the cover.

I have also figured out that the £6000 i have paid out in the form of this cover has not actually reduced the loan at all. I was under the impression that as soon as i took the loan, I would be paying off the capital and interest immediately.

Can i make a claim against them for this misselling? Any template letters available?

Hi guys and gals hope someone can help me.

I took out a personal loan with NatWest 15 months ago and although i did not request insurance proptection, It was added to the loan. I have just found out aboutit and immediately cancelled the cover.

I have also figured out that the £6000 i have paid out in the form of this cover has not actually reduced the loan at all. I was under the impression that as soon as i took the loan, I would be paying off the capital and interest immediately.

Can i make a claim against them for this misselling? Any template letters available?

Hello Charlie,

Start a thread on the ppi forum, your post unfortunate may get overlook on the success thread.

I will keep out an eye for your thread and will advise/help according. I love trouble with the Nast:grin: y

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I've just sorted out 2 successful claims for friends.

One direct to the bank which resulted in the refund of premium, interest, bank charges & some expenses and a huge reduction in the loan interest rate.

The other, which was a complaint to the Ombudsman has just resulted in a payment of £18K and went back well over 6 years!!!!

If one of the moderators can point me in the right direction to set up a thread, I've got some interesting tips, experience & arguements to pass on.

Elmo

:grin: :grin: :grin:

ps I don't log on that often so if anyone pm's me or adds to my thread it may take time to reply.

I've just sorted out 2 successful claims for friends.

One direct to the bank which resulted in the refund of premium, interest, bank charges & some expenses and a huge reduction in the loan interest rate.

The other, which was a complaint to the Ombudsman has just resulted in a payment of £18K and went back well over 6 years!!!!

If one of the moderators can point me in the right direction to set up a thread, I've got some interesting tips, experience & arguements to pass on.

Elmo

:grin: :grin: :grin:

ps I don't log on that often so if anyone pm's me or adds to my thread it may take time to reply.

Well done Elmo, it would be great if you can share your experiences with others. Start a new thread click here

newthread.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The Big G took on Loans.co.uk over a year ago and this week recieved a refund of £10,250 plus £3,300 interest.

My thanks have to go to the FOS but without the help of CAG forums in particular Hellhasnofury and Reidnet it would not of happened.

THANK YOU ALL

The Big G:) :) :) :) :) :)

Hello everyone,

We got £11,600 ppi back from Central Capital/Trust yipeeee:lol: with loads of help from Hellhasnofury...thanks H your a star:grin:

Checkout my posts 'sara vs paragon'

Cheers everyone we are going to get drunk now yipeeeeee:smile:

saranev

As soon as the cheque clears we will be donating to this fanastic site.

Saranev

Don't let them get away with it :mad2:

Well done and pats on the back all round to:

Elmo

The Big G

Saranev

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks and Many Congratulations to you all on your successes of winning your claims.;) .

Here is my update, our complaint about Nemo went to the FOS NOV 2006, it went in our favour in 2007 where were were paid out just under £13K of ppi in Jan 2008.......:grin: :grin: .

We did actually pay off Nemo last August 2007 and remortgaged, so what was owed to us was paid directly to us by cheque payments.:grin: .

Onwards and upwards to us all.:wink: .

Now to move on with others, Endeavour is one of them but 'click finance' found us this loan, and cannot find the docs on them and tried googling, and still cannot find the details, however we do have endeavours, who will just tell us to write to click, so if anyone has any details on click will be happy to hear from you, thanks folks and all the best to everyone claiming.:wink:

Di.

ClickLoans is a trading style of Click Financial - Click House, Bear Lane, Farnham, Surrey. GU9 7LG.

Hope that Helps..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.