• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

azucar v. llyods tsb ** WON**

azucar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I started my claim in March by asking for copies of my statements and/or a statement of charges.

21/03/07 - I received details of charges with no problems.

22/03/07 - I then sent them a request for repayment of charges for a total of £1155.94 which covered overdraft interest, overdraft excess fees, upaid cheque/standing order/direct debit fees. I included a detailed schedule of charges with this. I gave them 14 days to respond.

28/04/07 - Letter of acknowledgment received

Stupid me, I forgot I gave them 14 days so sat around waiting for a response. Received one on 19/04/07 (4 weeks later) saying they will write again in 4 weeks.

23/04/07 - standard response replied basically saying get lost.

I'm now going to send an LBA along with the same schedule of charges I sent previously. I also intend to add any charges I've incurred in the meantime. Can I do this?

I've also read all the FAQ's, guidelines, other peoples cases/success stories and my head is now swimming with information overload...but...I think I'm ready for the next stage!

Does anyone know if anyone has actually ended up in court yet? I'm quite nervous about the prospect of having to do it alone.

Any help appreciated! And thankyou CAG for starting this forum..it's invaluable and WHEN I get my money back I will be making a donation!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot to ask...do I send the LAB to the address on the last letter I received? The address I have is:

Llyods TSB Bank PLC

Customer Service

Charlton Place

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Thanks!

Hi Azucar

Checking the sticky for Lloyds contact details it states the address below for Prelim and LBA letters, so if I were you I would use this address and not the one shown on your letter .

Customer Care

Lloyds TSB

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

This is the address that I used for both my letters.

Good Luck:)

I would now send to the address on the last letter, i.e. Andover. Ensure that you use the Gresham Street (registered office) address for the claim form.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

"I'm now going to send an LBA along with the same schedule of charges I sent previously. I also intend to add any charges I've incurred in the meantime. Can I do this? "

Hi

Yes you can add on any charge up to the point of filing your Court claim.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Excellent..thanks! My LBA is all ready to be sent via recorded delivery tomorrow :D

I'm busy prepping for the next stage. Have a few questions about the N1 form:

1) I've been with Llyods forever, if I call them will they tell me when I opened my account do you think? Is it necessary that I include that bit if I can't remember when I did open my account?

2) For the value part where you're meant to put in:

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Is ' Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx' the 8% total from the simple charges spreadsheet?

Also, is the last bit (rate per day) what's known as contractual interest? The FAQ's say not to go there unless you're clear so I don't know whether to include that or not :confused: If anyone could give me a clearer picture that would be great!

1 - I would think that it is only relevant that you held an account on the dates of the charges

2) Yes

also) No this is not CI - this figure is the total of your claim multiplied by 0.00022

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been just over 2 weeks since I sent the LBA. I thought i'd be nice and give them a few extra days to respond but so far nothing. I know the next step should be to fill in the N1 and send it off but I have a few things on my mind and was wondering if someone could help me out!

1) I didn't send the LBA by registered post as my dad posted it for me and forgot! I read somewhere that the banks sometimes claim that they didn't receive the LBA...is this going to be a problem for me especially since I haven't received a reply?

2) Would it better to file my claim via the courts or online?

3) Again, I can add any extra o/d charges/interest onto my claim can't I?

I feel like I'm missing something out but I'm sure I've dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's! :confused:

I would go for N1 as it gives you more space to fill in your Particulars of Claim. You can add onto your claim any charges that have been levied from your account right up until the time you file your claim with the courts. As for your letter not being recorded delivered, I wouldn't worry about it, just remember to keep a copy of it for your own file.

What interest are you claiming?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Cheers jowalshy!

I'm claiming o/d interest and i'm planning on adding the 8% in my claim along with the daily interest bit as well (if that makes sense!)

another question....llyods are going to take another 12.16 out of my account in june for od interest (according to my last bank statement). i know you said i can add amounts taken out of my account up until the date i file my claim, but can i add amounts that are due to be taken out or is that taking the p*** a bit?

I am a bit confused as to what interest you are claiming back. Are you trying to claim back all of the interest that they have charged you or just a proportion of it that relates to your charge?

If you are trying to recoup all of the interest, then please be advised that you cannot do this. You can only reclaim a proprotion of it that relates to the charge taken from you. e.g if you go over your o/d limit by £50 and they charge you £35 for the privaledge, then charge you £2 in interest. that £2 relates to the total over your limit ie £85. You can only claim back the part that relates to the £35.

It is best to clarify this before you go down the court route to save you ammending it at a later date.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

As for the interst being taken in June. Unfortunately you cannot add this now if you file your claim now as it hasn't been taken yet.

ooohh im confused :confused: basically i just added my overdraft interest amounts to the claim.

ok...so if i've made a mistake here and can only claim the proportion that relates to the charges, can i backtrack and send them an amended schedule of charges?

feeling pretty stupid now especially since i thought id read everything properly! :mad:

whooops, never mind. You still have time to change it as when you submit a claim with the courts you will be sending them a copy of your up to date schedule of charges anyway and also a copy will be sent to Lloyds solicitors once they have acknowledged your claim.

Now lets get you back on track.

Go to the bank templates library and then go to the spreadsheet calculations post (No. 6). Use the advance spreadsheets and follow the instructions there. This spreadsheet will then calculate the proportion of interest that you can reclaim.

Thankyou sooooo much for noticing!!

I've found the spreadsheet and to be honest it looks a bit scary! I'm trying not to panic now!

I just need to get a few things straight...

1) I can't claim od interest from before the first penalty. After the first penalty and all subsequent penalties, i can only claim the proportion of interest the relates to the penalties..

2) What do i do if i don't know what my balance was when the charge/interest was taken out of my account? The notes say 'Enter the balance the account is showing at the date you are stating, using a minus figure for overdrawn balances' but i only received a schedule of charges and don't have my statements for the period i'm claiming for. How do I go about this?

Thanks again..I can't tell you how helpful this forum has been!

The answer to your first question is - that is correct. You can only claim after the first penalty.

Is there anyway you can access your statement online? I know that you can for HSBC, but I don't know whether you can do this for Lloyds as I am claiming on behalf of my brother and he had all of his statements.

yeah i can, but it doesn't go back to 2003 which is the year i'm claiming from, and i think you can only see the last 3 months online anyways. i will double check though.

Have you tried popping into your branch and requesting a printout of the statements you need. You never know, sometimes they can be helpful.

haha llyods, helpful? :p might give it a go..

ive just had a good read through some threads and if i've read everything correctly, this o/d interest percentage i'm seeking to claim is contractual interest right?

i think what i'm going to do is go to my bank and ask for statements, if i can't get hold of any i might just leave the interest bit out and stick to claiming the charges and 8% because then at least i know that my amounts are correct!

i'm a bit worried also about them not having the correct schedule of charges, although i'm guessing if i'm claiming for less than i originally asked for they can't really complain!

ive just had a good read through some threads and if i've read everything correctly, this o/d interest percentage i'm seeking to claim is contractual interest right?

!

No it is not contractual interest. It is claiming back the interest that they have charged you on the charges they have taken from you.

Contractual interest is charging them interest at the same rate they have charged you on the charges they have taken from you. I will try and find some thread for you of people that went for the contractual interest.

Also, contractual interest really has to be mentioned right from your prelim letter and if you are claiming it you cannot claim the 8% stautory interest at court stage.

Here is one thread that I have found where someone won with contractual interest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/26172-mindzai-lucid-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=contractual+Interest

confused again :confused:

whats contractual interest? i'm confusing it with od interest and thinking they're the same thing...theyre not are they?

oops crossed threads..thanks for that! im going to ask for statements. if i don't get them then i don't know what i can do about the od interest because it appears i can't calculate it without a balance