Partial offer

Libbi1985

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently in the process of claiming back my bank charges from Abbey. I have just received a letter in which they have offered me half the amount as a goodwill gesture and advised that my money will be in my account within ten days.

I am in two minds whether to accept or not.

If I do not accept do I need to ask them to deduct this money from bank account or will I just deduct it from the settlement at the end? I don't want to spend any of the money incase they see this as an acceptance.

Thanks

Libbi :confused:

Hi Libbi

You can either accept the offer as a partial payment or you can reject it and ask them to take the money out. Either way you'll need to write to them, there are several letters here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

so you'll find one to suit your circumstances.

I had a GOGW which they paid into my account, I accepted it and sent them a letter saying thanks and giving them a little time to put the rest in and then carried oon with my claim. On my spreadsheet I included the GOGW as a minus figure to show that I'd deducted it from the total claimed.

Hope this helps. There are lots of other people that have had a GOGW, have a read of some of the threads here to see what they did!

Good Luck!

Thanks KnellyK.

I've just drafted a letter advising that I will accept as a partial offer but have given them seven days to pay the rest.

Finally getting somewhere and its sooooooooooooo exciting!!!! :p

It's good to have people to check it out with. Without this site I'd have given up after the first or second letter from Abbey! But after a few vists here, reading other peoples posts, I was able to predict what might come next and feel happy that we were all getting similar responses! Well done for doing the letter and keep posting to let us know your progress!