quick question...

chris1987

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent off the letter asking the bank for my charges back within the next 14 days using a template, im only claiming back £130, the only prob is, i sent the letter recorded delivery and recieved a letter back this fri jus gone...

the letter look like a standard letter saying sorry to hear your complainin, and they will "investigate" it and get back to me, but it says they may contact me in 4 weeks....surely there is nothing to "investigate"....

has anyone else had this letter and in another 7 days when they have had their 14 days, should i send the 2nd letter off saying i am stil unhapy and give them another 7 days or il follow up with court???

thanx

I have sent off the letter asking the bank for my charges back within the next 14 days using a template, im only claiming back £130, the only prob is, i sent the letter recorded delivery and recieved a letter back this fri jus gone...

the letter look like a standard letter saying sorry to hear your complainin, and they will "investigate" it and get back to me, but it says they may contact me in 4 weeks....surely there is nothing to "investigate"....

has anyone else had this letter and in another 7 days when they have had their 14 days, should i send the 2nd letter off saying i am stil unhapy and give them another 7 days or il follow up with court???

thanx

Standard letter just trying to delay you have set timescale keep to it and they will pay you

dpick:p

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Chris

Totally agree with dpick - set your deadlines and stick to them. You are in control at the moment - the banks will continually deny, delay, and confuse.

Prelim, 14 days,LBA, 14 days,MCOL/N1, 28 days, AQ, then court date.

Many banks are only paying up at the last minute, to avoid court, which gives most of us no choice other than push back as hard as we can.

In your case, for £130.00, you might well get a very early settlement - but don't count on it.

Send the LBA 14 days after the prelim - don't restart the 14 days, they'll not do anything constructive with the time in regard to settling the case.

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".