advantage premier - interest query

kate64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am starting a claim for my sister who is not well and can't do it herself.

She has a Advantage Premier Account that has and overdraft facility of we think £10K and sometimes £13K. We think these limits are right because at the end of the statements is says:

"your interest rate for borrowing £10,000 on this account is 8.99% your interest for borrowing above this level is 22.5% PA".

These amounts change over time. My sister did go over these limits and so did have "paid referral" and "unarranged borrow fee" charges. As she had interest charged every month and some of it is at the higher rate, how do we work out what if any we can claim?

Claim with Halifax settled at LBA stage.

Lloyds Business LBA sent 15/03/2007

Guest NATTIE

The two charges in red that you quote she can claim. The interest bit i will leave for more experienced members who will be able to advise.

Hi, thanks for this, we thought we could claim these charges. It is the interest that has us stuck.:-|

Hi, not really sure how I would do this, the interest charge was done monthly and only for maybe a few days in some cases was the overdraft over the £10k, so part of the interest would be the standard 8.99%. Is there a way to split this or a formula I could follow?

Thanks

If it realy was only a few days each time then the total is prohbably quite small. You could just claim 8.99% on everything. You would lose a bit but it sounds like it would only be a few pounds as 22.5% APR works out at 55p/day on a loan of £10k, whereas 8.99% is 23p/day on £10k. Therefore, for each day you were over £10k you are probably going to lose 22p on your interest claim by just going with 8.99% on everything.

Steven