• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Beanie V The Big bad HBOS group***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

Have read through a lot of the threads and guides. Now feel ready to take HBOS on for 2 claims (1 Halifax and 1 Bank of Scotland). Have sent the two S.A.R letters recorded delivery on Thursday so will keep this thread updated. Dont know how much I'm looking at but through statements I have its over £1K for both.

Will maybe have questions further on so thanks in advance guys

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Have I helped? tip the scales

Hi, Beanie.

Best wishes with both your claims, BOS ignored everthing I sent them, including my court return date and calling date, got my money in full about two weeks later. Just remember to stick to your timetable, they will do everthing possible to stall and delay you.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, Beanie.

Best wishes with both your claims, BOS ignored everthing I sent them, including my court return date and calling date, got my money in full about two weeks later. Just remember to stick to your timetable, they will do everthing possible to stall and delay you.

Regards.

Scott.

Cheers Scott

Thats good to know.. Picked up from a lot of the threads to ignore their timetables and stick to your own so thats exactly what i plan to do.

Sent the S.A.R off to The Mound in Edinburgh, is that the correct address for BOS?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Hi,

Yes, the Mound address is their Head Office, I sent everthing to my local branch, including court papers. It all seems to end up in the same place.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ok so really annoyed now !!!

I originally sent 2 SARS to BOS and Halifax back in Feb but as chq wasnt cashed and didnt send recorded at the time presumed them to have been "Lost in Transit" !!!! Received a letter today dated 26th April from a certain Paul Chablovski (i forget his actual surname but sounds like this) thanking me for the request and the order is being processed and sent out in due course.

The real bummer is that I sent the same 2 letters last week both recorded delivery and again both with chqs !!!! Have the first 2 letters just mysteriously reappeared to coincide with the last 2... Am i living in the twilight zone or something? anyone else experienced this???

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 28.03.07 recorded delivery, had no response at all, cheque not been cashed, rang them loads of times, they keep saying that they have no trace of my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and have offered me a 'list of charges' instead of statements and me advised to stop the cheque!!!!! NO CHANCE, have sent letter of non compliance today. I think they are just swamped with requests, no doubt I will get a reply to my sar sometime in July!!!:-x

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Can anyone let me know what to do here... basically letter received was dated 26th April but not received by me until the 11th May. Should I send the 2nd letter chasing the SAR now or wait until 40 days before referring to FOS?

Help please

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Sanard - in the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) you asked for data not statements. They may very well send you statements (which is after all what you want) but by asking for data you only have to pay £10. If you ask for statements you will have to pay £5 a sheet and be unable to claim this back. At this stage I use 'Proof of Posting' which is free but you get a receipt. If you look in templates library you will find 'non-compliance letters'. Use whichever one is applicable. It would be a good idea to start your own thread.

Beanie. Have they given you a date for when they hope to get data to you? I would suggest using 'Proof....' and non-compliance letter. I know it is very frustrating for you both but the banks must be so overloaded with all the claims now that they are having trouble getting data out. In the useful threads above our postings there was a contact address for getting ourselves noticed. Perhaps it would be worth sending letters there.

If you stop cheques can't Halifax charge you for this? Cheques are only good for 6 months as far as I am aware so if it is not presented within the time that should not be your concern. Sally

• Haha 1

Thanks for the swift reply Sally, there was no date mentioned. Just said they were preparing the documention and will be sent out shortly.

Was thinking of 14 days from date received and then sending the non compliance letter, but something says to me they have 40 days to comply (is this correct?)

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Yes, 40 days from when they received your SAR letter so you should allow 2 extra days. This is the longest wait. Once you have started sending prelim it nips along at a brisk pace - all things being equal that is........

Thanks Sally.... guess ill just put the kettle on have a cup of strong coffee and settle in until summer .... ha ha...

thanks again for the advice, your'e a star x

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Recieved statements this morning.. wow only took a week from receiving the letter.

Calculated £2676 with Halifax and £1374 with BOS. :(

Have looked through the threads and obviously need to send prelim and schedule of charges. Can someone tell me whether I need to detail each and every charge on the schedule? can i just send a copy of the statements back with the charges highlighted? Or should this be in spreadsheet format?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Spreadsheet format is far better.

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See here for a visual guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.

Hi Beanie,

Make sure you have double checked your statements for the charges as some may have been missed.

It would be easier in the long run to put all your charges onto a spreadsheet. Use one of them in the bank templates library to help you. One of the reasons for doing a schedule is that you need to have a few copies of it for sending off in the future. If you just used copies of your statements that would be a hell of a lot of paper being used each time(think of the trees. lol).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thanks for the replies guys...

Have now downloaded the spreadsheet but question (again !!) my statements only state - Charges as notified and dont relate to why they there, is it ok to just put in as charges?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Ok so spreadsheet complete... had to print out at work (and have a few querying looks from other staff)

due to be sent recorded delivery 2morrow. Expect a standard bogoff letter in due course.

Can someone help around this. Im in Scotland and claiming £1374 from BOS and £2676 from Halifax. If i was to go through court would this have to be seperate claims as max I think is £750 in small claims court? or would I be better referring to FOS?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update and question

Halifax have now sent the standard "get lost" letter and still awaiting BOS but presume will be the same.

Gonna send the LBA sometime next week as still within the 14 days but still unsure whether to go the FOS route with this... any suggestions?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Yeah .... I noticed that when you filled in your profile for "location" you put *somewhere in the uk* - so I read all the way through until yesterday's bump.

You are in Scotland - therefore you come under Scottish Law. If you had an English address (or mailbox) you could go through MCOL, but all that's getting complicated and messy.

The simplest thing to do when you get your BoS(tords) letter telling you to get lost - is to ring the telephone number on THAT letter and tell them you are shocked and you intend to forward everything to FOS. See what their response is!

I have heard (on reliable authority) that the guy or guyess at customer relations is authorised to offer 40% of your claim (you decline, of course) - then 60% (again you decline) and if he doesn't then offer to settle in full - then off you go to FOS.

Let us know how you get on.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Thanks for the Info. Gonna try speak to CR at Halifax and as BOS is wifes account will let her phone them (god help them)..

Failing that will go directly to FOS as dont really want to go down the Ordinary cause route...

Thanks for everyones help... will let you know how i get on... (in about 3 months when bank decides to listen to the FOS)

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS

Just a quick one....

Have looked through all the templates and quite a few threads but cant seem to find any templates for referral to FOS. Could type one out myself but would probably come across as moaning (what me? Moan?) and dont really have the time..

anyone know where i could find one?

Halifax + BOS

• £1300 WON from Halifax
  • £713 WON from BOS