Standingupformyself and Barclays Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the fortunate situation where I have kept all of my Barclays statements for the past few years, probably since I opened the account.

It is a smidgen of a step-up from a basic account, no overdraft and an electron card,

Flicking through these statements I can see that over a period of about two or three years I have been stung by five un-paid direct debit fees. So I am inclined to start the ball rolling to get these back.

The account is regularly used and I would not want to risk them closing this account down,,,, has this happened to anyone else?

Am I lucky enough to think that there is a chance that this amount might be paid up quickly, as it is small-fry considering what many others are claiming for !!

I am also chasing MBNA, Barclaycard, Abbey and Nat West.... early stages though..

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

The account is regularly used and I would not want to risk them closing this account down,,,, has this happened to anyone else?

As a rule, no, Barclays don't usually close accounts.

Am I lucky enough to think that there is a chance that this amount might be paid up quickly, as it is small-fry considering what many others are claiming for !!

Don't bank (ha ha ha) on it. They refused to incorporate 2 additional charges in my first settlement, and I have now issued claim for a total of 4 = £120. I fully exepct them to keep me going through hoops just as last time. This is Barclays after all, and if there is one thing they do, is to keep us hanging for as long as they can.

• 1 month later...

LBA deadline has come and gone now...... nothing more than a standard reply from Barclays. Surely I am not going to have to take this one to court? It was 4 charges at £30 each, silly pennies to them surely.

Has anyone got a suggestion for a contact name/email address I could drop a line to?

xx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

looks like you may have to B's like making you play the waiting game

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

It all adds up though if you do take them to court :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

forgot this its the only contact list I look at lol

Barclays Litigation Team Good or Evil? You Decide.. - Consumer Action Group

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!