OneInTheEye v Nasty Bank

OneInTheEye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

First time ever to join a forum so some "forum for dummies" advice on my journey, if I appear to be "off the right track", would be well received.

I have done the first letter to the Woolwich and received the list of bank charges.

All well and good, I thought.

Upon further inspection of the few bank statements I have, against the list they sent, I found a charge that WAS £35 only to be on their list as £30. I have the original letter from the bank stating that they would take £35 from the account on such-n-such date AND I have the statement to show that they took £35 from the account.(not 30)

What can I do?

It makes me suspect of the other charges and question also if this was in fact a fully comprehensive list.

Unless I see the statements it will all be suspect.

Am I going over-board or do I question this?

Well done.

I didn't actually mean for you to call it "nasty bank", :lol:, but full marks to you for following instructions to the letter!!! :-D

Well, you have seen what I said.

Incidentally, if they refuse to give you copies of the statements, and insist that they have complied with your SAR, even though you have proof they have falsified the records, you should report them to the Information Commisioner.

Thanks for that.

Felt "nasty bank" about summed it up without resorting to a less favourable name.;)

Anyway, I will get my articulate-take-me-serious head on and compose my response to the bank.

They only went back 5 years on the statements and cut off in Jan 07. This account has incurred about between £2-300 in charges from Jan to date (for various reasons) so it gives me a chance to request up to date statements. I can only assume there were no bank charges on this account prior to Jan 02? I will request the full 6 years statements. If/when I do get the statements I will keep you posted to any other discrepancies if there are any. The banks may assume we have no info to question their figures or it may have merely been a typo. (data entry clerks are only human)

Actually, you should request the info for as far as they have it, you never know, they might even send it! :rolleyes: And should you decide to go back further, it would come in handy.