Home Ins by Bedford Ins (brokers), insurance with MMA, DD's with Amber credit! - adding admin fees!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please,

House n contents insurance via internet, Bedford Ins (brokers), insurance with MMA, DD's with Amber credit!

This gets messy,:rolleyes:

rang MMa to enquire way forward with a possible claim (not sure at that point as £100 excess)

issued with claim no,

renewal through from Bedford 3 weeks later increased by £112,

I rang to find out why, and was told " you have made a claim", no I had'nt. "you would have to pay eventually anyway"

no I would shop around again:-x .

3 months later went forward with claim, as had quotes etc, no response from MMA keep ringing email the person dealing with claim, felt like I was being avoided, 2 months later, different person tells me claim has been denied, I should have been informed weeks ago!

Get in touch with FOS, MMA get in touch with me, now in dispute.

Now, DD to Amber going out on day money going in (16/4), Nationwide tell me "you will have to cancel it" otherwise you will be charged:-x rang amber on 01256 could'nt be put through sent email to helpdesk re change date of dd (12/4) Have to ring 0870 (no) cancel dd,wait for automated letter to reset dd with 2 months to come out, letter from Amber (18/4), reset dd and pay £20 admin within 7 days

Could this be bacause of the bothers I am having with NW FOS AND ME (my thread).

Sent dd to amber (23/4), today received default, breach of payments arrears for £24 (3/5).

1) am I covered at all as I am in dispute with MMA (or are they not connected as amber deals with the credit) got me by the short n curlies:o

2) Do I have to pay the £20 admin charge?

3) as I have sent in new dd instructions can they take the £20 with the dd.

4)can I cancel DD again and send the money each month by SO or bank transfer? am I legally allowed to do that? have no problem paying set amount, (have no cheque book or cards). dispute with MMA still on going.

5) should I cancel insurance or am I gonna be hit with charges from all directions?

6)trying to find advice on DD's on the net, but it is all directed towards companies, and how wonderful they are as there is LESS chance of human error:rolleyes: is there a consumer site?

Any help advice or comments gratefully received, I just seem to be fighting all the way, and I'm exhausted:sad:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

WOW.......

Just had a look at this.

Insurance is not my strongpoint but lets try to break this down into bitesized chunks.

There seem to be a few seperate issues

the insurance claim

the credit arangement

1 amber credit will have paid the insurance up front...so MMA have been paid so any insurance you had should still be valid! Any problems regarding dd and admin charges are soley the responsibility of amber.

2 I dont know!......but you could ask them why does it cost so much and maybe ask for it back!

3 again I dont know....but they probably will

4 again I dont know....some companies keep prices down because everything is automated, and very little human intervention. ASK them if it is possible.

failing that organise your own loan to pay for your insurance (might be cheaper) with a company that will allow you to make payments by any means

5 not having seen your contract I cant answer this, and wouldnt like to advise

6 yes dd's are a ripoff.....I hate them.

basically look at it as two seperate problems

1 The insurance claim, is it worth pursuing?, can you cancel?, should you cancel? have you got proof of calling times emails etc. only you can answer these.

2 The credit, ask for a breakdown of charges, why are they so dear, can you have them back please :)

take a deep breath and go slowly through the points.

sorry if I havent been that much help, but I have seen other threads that seem to be about insurance claims and the technical aspects.

try to keep the two things sepperate or you will confuse your self

rgds

Dave

• Haha 1

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks for the above Dave, it has helped to clear the old brain cells:) and yes keep the issues seperate, I was muddying the waters.

I think Amber credit has gone down the default route because of the problems I had with Nationwide. (my post, FOS DD's and me) they must think I'm canceling the dd's willy nilly:rolleyes: .

I'm writing the letter to Amber now:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• dx100uk changed the title to Home Ins by Bedford Ins (brokers), insurance with MMA, DD's with Amber credit! - adding admin fees!