• Tweets

• Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Home Ins by Bedford Ins (brokers), insurance with MMA, DD's with Amber credit! - adding admin fees!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please,

House n contents insurance via internet, Bedford Ins (brokers), insurance with MMA, DD's with Amber credit!

This gets messy,:rolleyes:

rang MMa to enquire way forward with a possible claim (not sure at that point as £100 excess)

issued with claim no,

renewal through from Bedford 3 weeks later increased by £112,

I rang to find out why, and was told " you have made a claim", no I had'nt. "you would have to pay eventually anyway"

no I would shop around again:-x .

3 months later went forward with claim, as had quotes etc, no response from MMA keep ringing email the person dealing with claim, felt like I was being avoided, 2 months later, different person tells me claim has been denied, I should have been informed weeks ago!

Get in touch with FOS, MMA get in touch with me, now in dispute.

Now, DD to Amber going out on day money going in (16/4), Nationwide tell me "you will have to cancel it" otherwise you will be charged:-x rang amber on 01256 could'nt be put through sent email to helpdesk re change date of dd (12/4) Have to ring 0870 (no) cancel dd,wait for automated letter to reset dd with 2 months to come out, letter from Amber (18/4), reset dd and pay £20 admin within 7 days

Could this be bacause of the bothers I am having with NW FOS AND ME (my thread).

Sent dd to amber (23/4), today received default, breach of payments arrears for £24 (3/5).

1) am I covered at all as I am in dispute with MMA (or are they not connected as amber deals with the credit) got me by the short n curlies:o

2) Do I have to pay the £20 admin charge?

3) as I have sent in new dd instructions can they take the £20 with the dd.

4)can I cancel DD again and send the money each month by SO or bank transfer? am I legally allowed to do that? have no problem paying set amount, (have no cheque book or cards). dispute with MMA still on going.

5) should I cancel insurance or am I gonna be hit with charges from all directions?

6)trying to find advice on DD's on the net, but it is all directed towards companies, and how wonderful they are as there is LESS chance of human error:rolleyes: is there a consumer site?

Any help advice or comments gratefully received, I just seem to be fighting all the way, and I'm exhausted:sad:

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

WOW.......

Just had a look at this.

Insurance is not my strongpoint but lets try to break this down into bitesized chunks.

There seem to be a few seperate issues

the insurance claim

the credit arangement

1 amber credit will have paid the insurance up front...so MMA have been paid so any insurance you had should still be valid! Any problems regarding dd and admin charges are soley the responsibility of amber.

2 I dont know!......but you could ask them why does it cost so much and maybe ask for it back!

3 again I dont know....but they probably will

4 again I dont know....some companies keep prices down because everything is automated, and very little human intervention. ASK them if it is possible.

failing that organise your own loan to pay for your insurance (might be cheaper) with a company that will allow you to make payments by any means

5 not having seen your contract I cant answer this, and wouldnt like to advise

6 yes dd's are a ripoff.....I hate them.

basically look at it as two seperate problems

1 The insurance claim, is it worth pursuing?, can you cancel?, should you cancel? have you got proof of calling times emails etc. only you can answer these.

2 The credit, ask for a breakdown of charges, why are they so dear, can you have them back please :)

take a deep breath and go slowly through the points.

sorry if I havent been that much help, but I have seen other threads that seem to be about insurance claims and the technical aspects.

try to keep the two things sepperate or you will confuse your self

rgds

Dave

• Haha 1

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Thanks for the above Dave, it has helped to clear the old brain cells:) and yes keep the issues seperate, I was muddying the waters.

I think Amber credit has gone down the default route because of the problems I had with Nationwide. (my post, FOS DD's and me) they must think I'm canceling the dd's willy nilly:rolleyes: .

I'm writing the letter to Amber now:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• dx100uk changed the title to Home Ins by Bedford Ins (brokers), insurance with MMA, DD's with Amber credit! - adding admin fees!