UPDATE krazeday vs buchanan clark & wells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Here is a update on my case. After some help off you guys i took your advise and requested my credit report. I found no CCJ's and only one of the 4 outstanding debts i have. This was a loan i had from Halifax and this was listed as partialy settled and the status was now settled. It also informed that this would stay on my report untill Dec 2008 (6 years after settlement). What can i take from this. Does this mean the other 3 debts are no longer outstanding and have dissapeared off my report.

Now this morning i have received a letter after two weeks of silence from a company called geoffreyparkerbourne which is on behalf of buchanan clark and wells and states that i am now pending court action (this is regarding 1 of the debts that is no longer on my report). Further in the letter it states if i do not make payment in 7 days then buchanan clark and wells MAY take me to court.

As i stated in my previous post i feel this may be statute barred. Am i correct in thinking this is the case as this is no longer on my credit report.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Krazeday

I think you would need to contact BC&W to advise you feel it may be Statue Barred, not sure if you have to send a CCA request first though, I am sure someone with a bit more knowledge will be along shortly to advise.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Hi All

The original owners of the debt are Halifax. This was then passed to Thames Credit who tried but i ignored. I did not hear anything on this for 3-4 years then untill recently when BC&W started asking me for the money. I ignored them as well as i i am not sure if it is statute barred or not and now geoffreyparkerbourne have got involved. The thing is none of these companys have defaulted me on the way and the money they are after is no longer on my credit report. Does this not point to it being statute barred? The money was from a overdraft i had on an account with Halifax.

I requested my credit report as advised and i am not sure what to make of it. I had 4 outstanding debts, 3 of these are no longer on my credit report and the 4th debt which is a loan i had with Halifax is on there and the status of this is settled as of Dec 02. Does this not mean that i cannot be chased for things that are not on my credit report. As i understand accounts only dissapear off your credit report 6 years after they are settled. If this is the case surely companys cannot chase you for money on accounts that have been settled.

krazeday

I have a experian and call credit but for some reason i am struggling to get a equifax. I have signed up to the free credit score company as well and i am just awaiting a code to have a look online. All I can say about the last payment is i am absolutely sure if it is not 6 years yet it will be very very soon.

Would the same bank use several CRA's to record data as this debt is a overdraft for £1000 and this is with Halifax as well who have information on another debt on experian.

The debt that is shown was for a £5000 loan which i did not finish paying but now says partially settled and then says account status settled Dec 2002. Will people still be able to ask for money for this debt?

krazeday

Don't be too surprised if DCA's start turning up over the next 8 weeks. The credit reference agencies have in the small print, the right to inform DCA's if a "target" does a online credit reference check:eek: .

Is this true? I was under the impression this was not listed on the report to companys doing searches and this was only known to the CRA and myself :???:

krazeday