Telephone Call from HSBC

jailbird

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a phone call from an American chap telling me that they are not going to pay my direct debit for my phone due to being £10.00 overdrawn.

Thanks to this site I TOLD HIM that I did not have funds to put in my account due to their extortunate charges and that I had noticed they were due to charge me another £150 in charges on the 8th.

Due to the fact that I am on benefit (disabled) if they did in fact make those charges I would then be putting in a 2nd claim and reporting them as under Social Security Aministration Act 1992 I can use my first right of appropriation on this account.

He then decided that he would back down. Told me I would not be charged the £150 on the 8th and that hopefully my account would be put in order when I received my money back from my court case !!

Many many thanks to this site for giving me the confidence to talk to this man in this manner.......believe me 3 months ago I would have burst into tears and cowered in a corner. Instead for the first time in my life I stood up to someone.

well done :) feels good doesn't it?

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

lol i bet

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

are they clutching at straws? finding the one's that are not on this site and can be brow beaten:mad: dirty tricks indeed. since when did they start calling to say dd's would not be paid?:confused: (dd's are my thorn in the side) could it be brought up in their defence that they had tried to avoid the charges situation arising? surely that defeats the object of the dd system? ehmmm:p

well done for standing your corner jailbird, we are the lucky few keep smiling:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks netty. Believe me before joining this site and forum I honestly would not have been able to do this. It because of you chaps/chapesses that have given me the confidence.

Just waiting for Solicitors to send in their defence now but am quietly confident that I will get the outcome I want. This is really a first for me.

BRING IT ON

it really warms my heart to see peeps able to take the empowerment given by this site and use it - very well done!

sorry he was an american chap (don't have his name do you - i could give him a swift dressing down - don't like my countrymen being like that - but then he did back down - so guess i'll let it pass!)

i've long felt that those most in need of a little help are those least likely to find it through banking....

and again - rich people don't get bank charges - it seems to be in proportion to how able they are to take it.

but you've really socked it to em. let's hope they deal with you on a more realistic level from now on.

as you say - bring it on ...... you'll be ready for them!

My daughter-in-law had a threatening phone call from HSBC today. They were threatening her with court action over her non payment of an overdraft. It was in fact them who put her in that position by paying a largish bill twice. She closed the account beacause they wouldn't listen to her request to have the money re-imbersed. They're adding £150 per month. Her and my son have sent a letter request a return of the charges but to no avail. They have now sent a second letter threatening legal action. Any further help would be appreciated

Hi Brian, It was only through this site that I have got the confidence to speak to this chap in this manner. It is absolutely out of order the way people are being treated.

I am also in this position due to the fact that I have been charges extortunate amounts in fees. I told this chap this and took no crap........in fact I was so incensed he did not get a word in edgeways !

Stick with this site and follow their directions and they wont go far wrong. It maY

Hi Brian, It was only through this site that I have got the confidence to speak to this chap in this manner. It is absolutely out of order the way people are being treated.

I am also in this position due to the fact that I have been charges extortunate amounts in fees. I told this chap this and took no crap........in fact I was so incensed he did not get a word in edgeways !

Stick with this site and follow their directions and they wont go far wrong. It may take time but persevere it will come out in their favor in the end.

Sorry Lateralus I did not get his name but at the end of the conversation I did not care !

Thank you all for all of you help in giving me the CONFIDENCE to do this xxxxxxxx

Well done Jb, similar thing happened to me the other day and it was some asian speaking woman and I also felt able to give her what for - although they called again the next day and got my husband who was playing the I'm really sorry my account is overdrawn - I was climbing the walls to get hold of the phone and speak to them!!!!!!

brian, best thing might be to point her to this site and take things from there, sounds to me like she's at the LBA stage and are getting ready to actually file?

has she got the schedule of charges ready? what about particulars of claim? would be worth reading up on the FAQ's to bring urself, or herself, up to speed on the next stage

hopefully if i've typed enough there should be some useful links in my sig. hope that all helps

would also be helpful to start her own thread to help keep track of her progress :)

okay maybe i didn't type enough but i bet they're there now after i click on save