When did Halifax change their policy?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They only paid out mine last year when it got to court, you were obviously one of the lucky ones!!!!

Marilyn:p

--------------------------

HALIFAX A/C - SETTLED 4 AUG

HALIFAX CC - Data Protection Act SENT 2 AUG

15/09/06 - rec'd all statements - Eventually!! -521.81GBP

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

11/10/06 - Offer £278.10, no thanks

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - offer £521.81 - not sure yet

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

_____________________________________-

:lol: don't be like the banks - give a little back:lol:

DONATE SO THEY CAN CARRY ON HELPING PEOPLE LIKE US!

There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered!

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

They only paid out mine last year when it got to court, you were obviously one of the lucky ones!!!!

I run a claims management company and have had 100's of settlements so far. No skin off my nose really, more money for our customers and us at the end of the day.

l agree, the longer they take the more money we get out of them.....they are obviously so inundated now that they cant see the wood for the trees :D

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Just had clarification from Halifax this morning, their policy has now changed and are rejecting all claims.

This is obviously going to cause further strain on the court system which is already struggling to cope.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, the others will follow suit if they havent already done so, lm sure they think that if they reject ALL claims then some people will just give up and they'll be saving money, but if we all stick together then your right the courts will be clogged up for a very long time.....

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Hi all

New to this thread, was wondering if you could tell me if I write to Halifax at Pitreavie in Dunfermline for my SAR, to get historical credit card statements and is it possible for them to close my halifax current account if I'm claiming credit card charges??

Please help, would love to hear from you!!

Lush ;)

Lush ;)

Hi, I posted a question on this on my own thread - I received a complete rejection of my claim letter on Saturday - which was the full 8 weeks of investigation time. When I read the letter carefully, however, I realised they said they had done a full investigation, but they did not say this was a 'full and final offer'. So I rang the number on the letter - a number that actualy rings and gets answered in customer relations - 01977 627450. The person I spoke to was a bit edgy, but she admitted this letter was not their full and final response. She also said the writer of the letter would 'phone me as they could 'probably make a goodwill offer'.

Now I'm not particularly interested in their so-called goodwill offer, however, I thought this was interesting - after all, if I wanted to go the FOS route (which I don't) the letter they have sent me is not 'full and final' so I would not be entitled to FOS help.

I am interested in getting my Court claim done ASAP - but money and the lack of it is still my problem, becasue although I have posted off my N1, I have had to apply for remission of the £250 fee and a decision on remission, in my experience, can take over a week ( and the last time I was turned down anyway!!!)..

If anybody else has any other info on this new tactic I'd be grateful to hear.

Well I've heard it from 2 different people at Halifax now that this is their policy. Damn annoying that they have been one of the most reasonable and have now decided to be as bloody minded as the others.

I got two thirds out of them after I filed at court and I'm awaiting a court date for the rest of it.

And I've another load over the 6 years to go for when this lot is done.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hi i filed a claim against halifax on the 24 april they acknowledge it on the first and then today i got a letter stating they have investigated and find that they are statisfied with the charges applied is this just a standard fob u off letter???

thanks for any help.

danni

Hi, rang BOS again today - they say that as I rang in about their letter offering me nothing I am now in a queue to be reviewed again - I pressed very hard for a time scale but received no indication - I think this may be another stalling tactic, rather than a change of policy - he said they have to reply within 8 weeks - but although their letter says they have investigated my claim, my impression is that i got this letter as they had to reply in 8 weeks, but due to the volume of claims, had not investigated my claim and were still aiming to do so - this is just another fob off letter and not a change in tactics, I presume.

Let me know what you think?

Hi I didn't have to do an SAR as I had all my statements (sad, I know)! I sent them the LBA on time, but I've not been able to issue at court due to the court fee of £250 being more than I can afford. I will have to apply for remission of the fees (as I'm not exempt, and, as I have found this is not as easy as it sounds). I have issued six other Court claims via MCOL for other actions in the past two weeks, so i'm not scared of Court - just the cost!!

my aim is just to ignore this letter hbos still have 3 weeks to enter a defence via the court. i am not calling them because i feel that then its my word against them and if i have it in writing i can take it to court. plus i get really angry when speaking to people and will probably say something nasty!! going to court is scary i really don't want fingers crossed for settlement

Hi, I think that's fine,- good luck with the court case - hope they don't defend!! Wish I was already on the Court track with you on this one - on my other claims I am at about the same stage - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

ah I see, helpme43, sorry it just seemed as if you had waited the 8 weeks and were thinking maybe waiting another 8 weeks lol.

I understand about the cost, I found it hard to pay for mine too. Just happened to fall near pay day :)

However, the longer it drags on the more I could do with my £120 back!!

sorry podgydad, seem to have hijacked your thread!

danniabond and mackem67 - good luck to both of you - my claim with BOS is for £7,084 - which with contractual and stat interest rises to over 10k! I really will be issuing N1 today or tomorrow - but its this pesky remission that't the problem - if I pay the £250 when I get paid next week, I'll end up not being able to pay bills, incurring more charges etc, but will the Court Manager listen? It's so difficulat - the other six cliams have had to be paid for by credit card - and it really irks to pay interest on these amounts,as I can't afford to pay them off, unless I get some money back of course......!

Hi All,

Keep the faith, I just checked my account online and they have put my full claim in there today, just over £1,600. Am I happy!!:D :D

My MCOL went in around the 16th April, they acknowledged, no further correspondence only to find the money in my account today!

I hope my other claims with Natwest and LTSB go as well!!

Good luck:D :D :D

hi

just like to ask has anyone been successful with a large claim against halifax as mine is £9000 plus an i,m just about too send my LBA letter, be gentle guys am a new member and this will be my first post thanx :lol: sorry to interupt podgydad congrats on your victory corsicanpine

hi lolypop, my claim, including interest is for £10,001!! Not successful yet, but, I'm going for it! The actual charges are now £7,201 - the rest is interest! i ahve my own thread - helpme43 v bank of scotland and if you search under that, I'll keep the thread updated with any progress i make.