• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Abbey abuse orders - keeping the pressure on.

GaryH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In view of the recent 'abuse' strike outs involving Abbey, it might be a good idea to keep the heat on and request a strike out on your AQ. You could use something like the following - which primarily requests that the defence is struck out as an abuse of process or alternatively that a disclosure order is made as per the draft directions.

This may be especially effective to use on a second AQ in the situation where they have requested a stay for settlement (as Abbey do as far as I'm aware), got it ordered, then ignored it, because the judge would have clear evidence in front of him of an abuse of process in your own particular case.

If you want to give it a go, set out section G as below, then attach it to the AQ along with the attachments as indicated. The attachments are linked below.

You -v- Abbey Plc

In the ****** County Court

Claim No: *******

N149 ALLOCATION QUESTIONNAIRE

Section G – Other Information

The Claimant respectfully requests that an order may be made as follows;

1. That the Defence is struck out as an abuse of process, pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(b) of the Civil Procedure Rules.

On the basis that the Defendant has filed a template defence then subsequently settled each and every other claim of this nature.

Since May 2006, I am aware of over 100 claims of this nature in which the Defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service, then a Defence, then an allocation questionnaire, then has breached the order for pre-hearing directions, then has finally settled without liability shortly in advance of the hearing or trial. A sample list of these claims, including their claim numbers, is attached (attachment 1B).

It is submitted that the defendant’s litigation strategy is flagrantly abusive of the public resource, and further, contrary to almost all of the Overriding Objective’s of the Civil Procedure Rules. It is respectfully submitted that the Defendant will continue to conduct litigation in this manner for as long as it is allowed to do so with impunity.

Please find attached a copy of an order made by Lincoln County court (attachment 1C) in at least 10 cases similar to my own involving various high street banks, including Abbey Plc. The court considered the authority of Mullen-v-Hackney London Borough Council (1997)2 A11ER 906 to be relevant. If this honourable court also considers this authority relevant, I would respectfully request that the court applies its special knowledge of the defendant’s notorious and well established conduct in similar cases when considering order in the present case. Please find attached the case to which I refer (attachment 1D)

2. In the alternative, should the court not be minded to strike out the defence, and if the claim is to proceed to allocation, the Claimant respectfully suggests that special directions may be made as per the attached draft order (attachment 2A).

I believe the proposed directions will further the Overriding Objectives in that they identify the most fundamental issues in dispute and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously.

I would aver that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial, as is indicated by its defence, that it is incumbent upon it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are now routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as small claims track cases in Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, and Mansfield County Courts.

As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, I believe that the outstanding issues are are of fact. Accordingly, I respectfully request that this claim is allocated to the small claims track, and would estimate that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

Attachment 1B;

Settled claims

Attachment 1C;

Lincoln 'abuse' order

Attachment 1D;

Hackney -v- Mullen - See PDF attachment below

Attachment 2A;

Draft order for directions

In the actual section G box, you should put this;

Please find the following documents attached to this allocation questionnaire;

1A) Section G - other information

1B) List of settled cases

1C) Text of order made by Lincoln County Court

1D) Mullen -v- Hackney BC (1997)2 A11ER 906

2A) Draft Order for directions

This allocation questionnaire and its attachments were sent to the defendant on **/**/**

*** If you use this, PLEASE post the response - if you get a strike out we want to know about it!!! PM me or post on this thread.

:) ***

Be aware that if the draft directions as per point 2 (attach. 2A) are ordered by the court, you will need to provide - a) schedule of charges, b) your statements, c) a statement of evidence and d) cases and statutes. Everything you need can be found in or linked from this thread -

Then, when they settle your claim, be sure to submit a request for wasted costs!!! -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/85726-wasted-costs-order.html

Hackney -v- Mullen (PDF).pdf

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent idea.

Would it be possible to try the same order with ALL claims ?

We all know that the banks have no intention to defend any of these claims in court.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Yes, absolutely. I would think that it is likely to be most effective against banks like Abbey, Lloyds and Barclays, as they are the worst culprits.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Gary, i am due an AQ for my third claim sometime in the next few weeks, could i use this now? can you also use the new strategy in the alternative? seems a good way to quicken the process still further, well done

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

What you mean before you get the AQ? No, I would'nt personally. Its unlikely to be looked at until the file goes up for allocation anyway, which will be after the AQ return date.

Attach it to the AQ when you get it, and yes, it does incorpoate the new strategy - in point 2, so attach the draft directions as well.

Obviously there is no guarentee the judge will take any notice, but there are some definate signs that the tide is starting to turn, so I should imagine it just might bring success to some at least. Certainly worth a try anyway, if only to put Abbey even further on the back foot!:D

• Haha 1

Hi Gary - this is absoloutely brilliant, and answers in one hit all the queries I've raised in various other posts. It also makes the job of preparing an AQ for submission to the Court totally straightforward. Must be worth its weight in gold!

A million thanks for your work with this

Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

What you mean before you get the AQ? No, I would'nt personally. Its unlikely to be looked at until the file goes up for allocation anyway, which will be after the AQ return date.

Attach it to the AQ when you get it, and yes, it does incorpoate the new strategy - in point 2, so attach the draft directions as well.

Obviously there is no guarentee the judge will take any notice, but there are some definate signs that the tide is starting to turn, so I should imagine it just might bring success to some at least. Certainly worth a try anyway, if only to put Abbey even further on the back foot!:D

Hi Gary, no I meant when I get to the AQ filling stage, as long as the court hasnt dispensed with it of course, but you have answered me anyway, so many thanks :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Like Lula, I'm about to receive in the next week-ish my AQ for my third claim against shAbbey.... and it's my biggest one.

THis looks fabulous, and well worth the try, after all, absolutely nothing to lose.

My respect to GaryH in compiling it, it truly is a work to be admired and the time spent composing it, thank you on behalf of the el Thickos like me! ;)

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

No problem - in actual fact I first compiled it for a friends claim against Lloyds TSB, and it was subsequently completely ignored!:rolleyes:

Seemed to do the trick for Mariejader though, and there has been another seperate Abbey strike out recently so I thought I may as well pop it over here.

Thanks for the kind comments.:)

Just one question, in the case of the court not issuing an AQ, can this be sent with a letter to the court? I suspect it can, just fancied another opinion. ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I really like the idea of using this against Abbey in my AQ this week. My only difficulty is the Lincoln Abuse Order...the link just takes me to a forum post; surely I can't use this can I? If not, should I just miss out that section & take it off my list? Any help greatly appreciated. Pursuing Abbey for £2800

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Copy and paste it into word, check for typo's then print it off.

Its the text thats important really. In fact, I will try to get a copy of the actual order, but for now the text is fine.

• Haha 1

hI garyh

Don't know what I can do, bank has sent 6 years statements but I had asked for statements relating to two accounts although other one became redundant last year. The bank has told me that there is no hope of getting these statements as they have changed their system..any ideas on this would be extremely helpful

Hephalump

Guys we've just done the AQ (nasty mean version) it's all ready to go when we've got money for the court fee, but to whom do I send my Abbey copy. Does it go to Trinton Sq, & if so is there anyone in particular to whom I should address it.

Spent all this time & printing ink, may as well upset the right person:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Hi Shoe Em, LOL yes, please upset the right person, in your copy of their defence there will be some letter headed paper, there should be an address started Location XXXXXX Abbey house or somethng, you can get the name of the person dealing with your claim from their signed acknowledgement and probably the defence itself.

sorry for the appalling spelling, it is very late

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Hi Shoe Em, LOL yes, please upset the right person, in your copy of their defence there will be some letter headed paper, there should be an address started Location XXXXXX Abbey house or somethng, you can get the name of the person dealing with your claim from their signed acknowledgement and probably the defence itself.

sorry for the appalling spelling, it is very late

Perfect...I have made out an envelope addressed to her in case there was no reply on here. Thanks Lula! Hope yours is going well x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/88172-shoe-em-abbey.html?highlight=shoe+em+vs+Abbey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Thanks GaryH, Mariejader gave me a copy after she was successful with it and I used it on my AQ, which was filed on the 2nd May to Leeds.

Been told case was transferred to Leeds County Court so rang to ask what was happening & we've been put into Mercantile on 28th June.

I'll keep you updated if anything happens, and you'll hear the celebrations all over the country if HH strikes Abbey's defence on your wording.

From the little people on this site, thank you for your time and effort and your unfailing willigness to hep. :)

That would be really useful for me too actually. I've already printed everything up & it's all ready to go on tuesday (last day to hand in, first day we can afford fee!) but I would feel better if I could list case refs.

Of course I'd feel even better if Abbey begged our forgiveness & settled:)

Em x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/88172-shoe-em-abbey.html?highlight=shoe+em+vs+Abbey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Emily x

Hi Gary, will you please take a look at my thread what happens now? alice25vabbey and tell me would this letter etc that you have done be good to send in my case. I have 2 claims running, 1 single & 1 joint, we have had identical letters etc from court re both and Abbey's defence is word for word in both cases. cheers

Yes, it would be fine. Change the top bit though to reflect the fact that its not an AQ attachment. Such as;

Claim No: *******

Between:

You

(Claimant)

and

Bank Plc

(Defendant)

CASE MANAGEMENT

REPRESENTATIONS

It is noted that in my case referenced above that the Allocation Questionnaire has been dispensed with. I am aware that this is likely due to the large volume of claims that consumers are bring against the high street banks. I am also aware that to date the banks have failed to defend a case in the courts and that they often use the court process to extend and delay the period of time within which they deal with these matters satisfactorily.

Accordingly, I hope the court will be minded to consider the following case management proposals, and respectfully request that an order may be made as follows;

1. That the Defence is struck out as an abuse of process, pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(b) of the Civil Procedure Rules.

On the basis that the Defendant has filed a template defence then subsequently settled each and every other claim of this nature.

Since May 2006, I am aware of over 100 claims of this nature in which the Defendant has filed an acknowledgement of service, then a Defence, then an allocation questionnaire, then has breached the order for pre-hearing directions, then has finally settled without liability shortly in advance of the hearing or trial. A sample list of these claims, including their claim numbers, is attached (attachment 1B).

It is submitted that the defendant’s litigation strategy is flagrantly abusive of the public resource, and further, contrary to almost all of the Overriding Objective’s of the Civil Procedure Rules. It is respectfully submitted that the Defendant will continue to conduct litigation in this manner for as long as it is allowed to do so with impunity.

Please find attached a copy of an order made by Lincoln County court (attachment 1C) in at least 6 cases similar to my own, in which Abbey Plc were also the Defendant's. The court considered the authority of Mullen-v-Hackney London Borough Council (1997)2 A11ER 906 to be relevant. If this honourable court also considers this authority relevant, I would respectfully request that the court applies its special knowledge of the defendant’s notorious and well established conduct in similar cases when considering order in the present case. Please find attached the case to which I refer (attachment 1D)

2. In the alternative, should the court not be minded to strike out the defence, and if the claim is to proceed to allocation, the Claimant respectfully suggests that special directions may be made as per the attached draft order (attachment 2A).

I believe the proposed directions will further the Overriding Objectives in that they identify the most fundamental issues in dispute and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously.

I would aver that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial, as is indicated by its defence, that it is incumbent upon it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are now routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as small claims track cases in Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, and Mansfield County Courts.

As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, I believe that the outstanding issues are are of fact. Accordingly, I respectfully request that this claim is allocated to the small claims track, and would estimate that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

Remember to attach everything linked from post #1