• Tweets

• Thanks dx and jk.   I'll just ignore them. I did check the advice given in other threads but wanted to be sure that was still relevant to my situation.  Thanks again. Appreciate the support 
    • I've been on this site for eight years and I haven't seen one PPC case where a DCA turned up at the motorist's door. Even if they did they couldn't do anything, but in any case it's never happened. If you read this short thread you will see all the stages of the legal procedure all the way to winning in court, which is highly unlikely to be necessary in your case  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406892-highview-parking-anpr-pcn-claimform-urban-exchange-manchester-claim-dismissed/#comments
    • They upped the quote by £120 in the end, forcing me to go elsewhee
    • thanks I’ve not used this website before haha is the DCA the furthest they’d take this case? didn’t know if there’s a step up as they are affiliated with the FA. im clueless with this sorts of stuff so as expected it concerns me and would your simple advice be to simply ignore even though we’ve had a physical lettter through from soccersixes themselves 
    • a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what it's type. moved to the gyms/Health clubs forum. not sure where you get the idea that any ole debt passed to a DCA gives them some magically power to make it appear on credit files..
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Im Scared.....helppppppppp

bonnie0852
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!!! after successfully claiming from the Halifax (far too easily) i thought the Shabbey would be the same but it seems not!!!

Im now 5 days away from filing a court claim and i havent gotta clue how to claim the 8% interest on each charge and how long this is going to drag out for??!!!

i've looked at the spreadsheet and honestly dont have a clue how to use it...... ive done my own, listing basic charges but anything more than that and im b******D!

Can someone please humour me and show me the "idiots guide" to calculating the interest and give me a "rough" timescale on how long this might take (i only ask cos ive booked someone to build me a patio with the money im claiming):sad:

All help GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thank u

Bonnie

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest louis wu

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xlr

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/Spreadsheets/England/Simple-charges-calc.xls

These are the works and excel spreadsheets, your computer should be able to use one of them.

OK,

IN RESPECT OF..is the reason, returned cheque for example

AMOUNT...is the amount of the charge

DATE INCURRE....is the date the charge was debited from your account

Thats it, the spreadsheet works out the days since offence and interest.

Have a go and come back if you have any problems. You ma need to start again with a fresh spreadsheet:)

Louis

Hi Louis, thank u first of all for replying to my thread!! I dont know if its me or my pc, but whenever i open the spreadsheet its blank........ nothing!!!????

ive clicked on the "vampiress" ones aswell and all i get is a blank spreadsheet with nothing on it apart from the "cells" i think you call them. Is it my pc or am i missing something???

Sorry for being soo dumb but im really panicing now im a few days away from filing in court.

Regards

Bonnie

Guest louis wu

Bonnie, PM me with your email address, and I will send you one:).

Louis

Thank u soo much louis, your help has made me lot more confident in my next step!!! Ive tipped yr scales and signed the petetions!!! keep up the good work (and u may be hearing from me again)!!!! ;)

Regards

Bonnie

Hi and welcome bonnie,

Louis wu is a star and will guide you through all the complicated bits. I sometimes feel a bit like the court jester in here, but the thing I would say is that I hope you don't want your patio for this summer;)

Abbey are stubborn and difficult and everything they do is designed to delay,obstruct and intimidate you . Ignore everyting they say about investigating your claim and timescales, and stick rigidly to the schedule of letters on here and you'll be fine:)

My claim is going according to plan and seems to be fairly typical so if you want to have a shufty, look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/55539-charleyfarley-abbey-6.html#post803910

• Haha 1

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi ya Charley! I have been reading quite a lot of threads and I think that you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT . Great advice and keep it up guys.

ANDY VS ABBEY..

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Guest louis wu
Thank u soo much louis, your help has made me lot more confident in my next step!!! Ive tipped yr scales and signed the petetions!!! keep up the good work (and u may be hearing from me again)!!!! ;)

Regards

Bonnie

Bonnie, its been a pleasure, and its really nice its working out good for you. You'll be fine, stick with it, and we're here to help:)

Louis wu is a star and will guide you through all the complicated bits

Charley, your too kind, and don't put yourself down, you give a lot of your time and give a lot of help and advice to many others.:) Cheers for the vote of confidence though:D

Louis

Hi all (told u u'd hear from me again)!!!! my next question is: ive done my spreadsheet with the 8% interest on it , but because im not gonna file my claim til monday how does the interest thing work??? is it on a daily basis and if so by the time my claim is in will the figures have changed ie: gone up and do they keep going up??? how does this affect the amount im orig claiming for in court??? Hope that makes sense!

Regards

Bonnie:p

Hi Bonnie,

The interest should increase automatically. It should tell you somewhere on the spreadsheet how much it's increasing daily (it does on mine but not sure which s/s you're using). Have a look at the suggested Particulars of Claim (this is the one I used) & you'll see that it mentions the rate of daily interest which can be claimed upto Judgment or settlement of the claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

Hope this helps!

Villafan

• Haha 1

i wait with baited breath cos the more i read the more i realise i havent gotta clue what im doing in relation to bundles etc...... been reading on here for a few months now and all its doing is scaring me more (im such a wuss)! just hope i dont screw it up in the translation (if u know what i mean)???

Bonnie:confused:

HELP!!!!!!!!!! LOUIS WHERE R U??? ive uploaded my details on spreadsheet but for some reason where (i presume) u finished adding yr list of charges the "formula" stops working ie: its not calculating my days since offence or amount of interest!! :confused: pls pls pls how can i get the formula to carry on thru all the cells and as asked before, how does the interest add up on here when im not adding any more details???? im sooooo stressed and sooo not ready for monday!!!!

Stressed out bonnie

pps.............. had letter from Abbey today asking for ANOTHER 4 WKS to investigate my claim!!!! was expecting it but thought others should c their tactics!!! I sound soooo confident here but its all a mask hiding the fact that im pooping myelf!!!

bonnie

Hi bonnie,

You have to drag the formula down to lower cells. If you don't know what to do then Pm me or louis wu

ignore all letters from abbey re timescales they are only designed to delay and intimidate you while pretending to help you.

as louis would say...............make yourself a cup of tea, calm down , and we'll sort it out;) :)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

i wait with baited breath cos the more i read the more i realise i havent gotta clue what im doing in relation to bundles etc...... been reading on here for a few months now and all its doing is scaring me more (im such a wuss)! just hope i dont screw it up in the translation (if u know what i mean)???

Bonnie:confused:

Bonnie,

The other thing I would suggest is not to read too many stages ahead of where your claim is at, otherwise you end up with all sorts of possible permutations and your head will spin. You'll be thinking "what if" and not really taking in exactly how your claim is progressing and what to do next. also, pick a few threads you find which are similar to your own and follow their progress:)

i hope I don't sound patronising:)

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry I didn't reply to your PM Ive been out! Hope charleyfarley has solved that 1 for you.

The other thing I would suggest is not to read too many stages ahead of where your claim is at, otherwise you end up with all sorts of possible permutations and your head will spin. You'll be thinking "what if" and not really taking in exactly how your claim is progressing and what to do next. also, pick a few threads you find which are similar to your own and follow their progress:-)

CF is spot on with his advice...don't be scared & don't scare yourself...I didn't have a clue what I was doing to start with but believe me you soon learn. Just keep asking & we'll all try to help & point you in the right direction.

VF

yes you must join the harem of which charley is the master he thinks but really us girls are or are you a fells cos alot of the fellas cant seem to work out who are4 males and who are females espicially charley but us women know and always ask questions even stupid ones as i always ask stupid ones xxkia

Hi all (u're all mad)!!!! :p nice 2 b able 2 laugh on here considering how complicated it all seems!!! to answer u Kia, i am female and i 2 ask stupid questions and annoy the ass of everyone until i get it in my head (which depending on how much wine ive had can take some time)!!!

In answer to Charley...... im not to sure how to drag the formula down so i'll give it a go and if u hear from me in nxt hour u know i havent done it!! :(

Thanx again for yr help!!!!!

Regards

Bonnie

Guest louis wu

I had a few problems with my SS at the beginning, I think I was trying to put things in the wrong cells. So I ended up deleting the lot and starting with a new one, that way I didn't have to learn how to 'drag formulas' (I'm sure its easy, buy never managed it)

Louis

hi louis, if i start a new s/s how do i create the formula??? this is getting more complicated than i thought!!!! maybe someone else knows how to drag the formula thru all the columns??? (pref the idiots guide would help)!!!

thanx

Bonnie

Guest louis wu

If you start a new SS, then the formulas will all be in place for you, so no dragging/copying/pasting etc

Louis

Hi Bonnie

One way to drag a formula to the next box in a spreadsheet is to click on the box that has the formula in it, this makes the sides of the box darker and at the bottom righthand side there's a small black square, put your pointer over this square and it turns into a +, on your mouse left click and hold whilst dragging down to the next box! (You can drag down more than one at a time by doing the same and moving through more than one box!)

It seems tricky at first, but practice on a blank spreadsheet, put some numbers in a box and drag them down (or across) and It'll become easier!

Hope this helps!