Help please..Have I made a mistake?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm so glad I've found this site. I've been using themoneyclaim site to claim the charges back from the Halifax. I had gone through to sending a request for judgement after receiving a letter from Halifax saying they would credit my account with the full amount within 5 days. This never happened, I telephoned the number on the letter with no response. I then sent a letter requesting the money and with no reply from them. I went to Moneyclaim and issued a warrant. This has been rejected and now I cannot continue through moneyclaim. What did I do wrong and what do I need to do now????:confused:

Please if anyone can offer advice as moneyclaim customer service is not available until Tuesday and I see sleepless nights until then!!!:Cry:

Hi Michael,

The claim was issued on 21st Feb 2007 and deemed served on 26th Feb. Yes I received both Notice of Issue and Notice of Acknowledgement.

The bank stated that it would defend the claim I heard nothing more until the letter from them saying they would pay within 5 days as it would be too expensive to defend in court!

Ok this would have given them till Mar 26th to defend, but in the meantime Halifax sent a letter offering full settlement in 5 days which they didn't do, so you requested judgement by default on what date?

And requested issue of a Warrant when?

Sorry for all the questions, but I can't really see where you've gone wrong either. Once issued the warrant is sent to bailiffs at the defendants local court, although it is still administered by MCOL, who, in theory should keep you informed of progress in the execution of the warrant.

The only thing I can think of is that if the warrant has to be re-issued for some reason, it cannot be done on-line, which maybe the reason why you cannot continue through Moneyclaim. There may well be something in the post from MCOL to explain it.

Just phone MCOL helpline on Tuesday. And don't worry, all is not lost, this can be sorted.