Newcomer makes small claim

Nikon1149

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im new to the forum. I am a 19 year old student (so needless to say permanently skint!) I have £75 worth of charges that were applied to my account after I didn't have suffiecient funds in there for one months worth of phone bills, which my phone company tried to take 3 times and HSBC refused 3 times, hence 3 x £25.

I have read a little of the FAQ's but find it very confusing considering I really don't know much about banks but am desperate for money at the moment (recently quit my cold calling telesales job because it was driving me insane) and £75 would really help me right now until my first pay from my new monthly pay job comes through.

I understand this is small potatoes considering some of the claims I see are going on here, but if someone could just put into laymens terms roughly what I need to do to reclaim my charges already knowing exactly how much they are.

Any help will be much appreciated.

As a little bit of extra info, I have no overdraft present on my account, and HSBC didn't actually let my account go overdrawn apart from the charge they charged me for TRYING to go overdrawn.

So my phonebill kept not getting payed because they wouldn't let my account go into minus, but my account was going into minus anyway from the charges they were charging me everytime my phone company tried again!!! Which I think is outrageous.

Again, any help greatly appreciated.

hi nikon welcome to the forum.

£75 is £75 so whether it be a small claim or not it's still yours! only thing is, the claiming process is not a quick one and you may be hanging on to get it back for months. don't want to put a downer on it but that's how it is at the moment.

have you tried asking them for it back nicely? sometimes they refund them that way. otherwise if you have to file a claim to get it back you'll have to be patient.

Step-By-Step Instructions

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hi Nik

You could try a more direct approach by going in to the local branch in know someone who did this with Barclays they kicked up a bit of a stink and bang the got the money back there and then,

Ask them nicely for you money back - ask to see the manager if he does not want to know Then take a draft LBA and give it to them they will probably buckle at this point.

You won't loose anything however you might get you money a lot quicker

Oyster

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

Start of May Full Offer:grin:

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)