claiming back mis-sold ppi's

lisaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

hope this is the right place to post. A friend of mine got a call today from a company asking if he'd been given any ppi's with loans or credit cards.

The thing is he is self-employed and they said in that case he had been mis-sold them (he has a large secured loan and several cards).

Now this company say they will claim back the money he's already paid and he won't have to pay any more in the future. Their fee is 25%.

My question is, has anyone else done this and is it only the ppi money he has paid that he will get back or the whole of the loan money he has paid?

He's quite keen for them to do this on his behalf, any advice very gratefully received!

Lisa x

Hi all,

hope this is the right place to post. A friend of mine got a call today from a company asking if he'd been given any ppi's with loans or credit cards.

The thing is he is self-employed and they said in that case he had been mis-sold them (he has a large secured loan and several cards).

Now this company say they will claim back the money he's already paid and he won't have to pay any more in the future. Their fee is 25%.

My question is, has anyone else done this and is it only the ppi money he has paid that he will get back or the whole of the loan money he has paid?

He's quite keen for them to do this on his behalf, any advice very gratefully received!

Lisa x

Hi as far as I am aware one of the first requirements for PPI is that you are in full time employment (not self employed). Looking on the threads under PPI I feel that it should be fairly straight forward to claim back. I believe that 25% to be excessive, you will probably find others with this opinion. If he has the time I would say do it him self.

good luck either way dpick:mad:

Ta very much dpick, I agree with you about this company, I've offered to help him through it.

Lisa

I will keep a eye on thread as I am in process of claiming PPI back form my credit card and my OH catalogue (mine for pre existing condition wifes she has not worked for 37 years) maybe we will be able to help each other.

dpick:p

hi there,check the small print im self employed and i was told that there are a couple of ppi s that cover self employed, so check first to be sure!!

jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Hi, just an update, I've checked through his statements from the loan company (GE money) and cannot see the ppi payments. Would they definately show on the statements or are they hidden in the loan? They were definately aware he was self-employed though as he had to provide accountants letters etc.

Lisa

PS dpick, i'll keep posting the updates and cheers jezzy!

if you cant see the ppi payments and suspect that they are included,you need to send a s 78 request for them to provide you with a copy of the original consumer credit act, this will have all the details get in touch if you would like to know more jezzy

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Royal bank of Scotland

Credit Card operation

PO BOX 6050

Southend on sea

SS99 1WL

Acc no!

Dear sir/madam

I hearby request a signed copy of my original executed consumer credit act agreement as per section 77/78 of the consumer credit act 1974,it is your statutory obligation to provide me with the above request whether you are the original creditor or not under s189 of the CCA 1974,failure to do so will result in my reporting you to trading standards for breeching your above obligation.Please note that an application form is not acceptable.I enclose payment of one pound as required,looking forward to your prompt reply

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hope this helps ,its a copy of the one i sent to rbs send a postal order for £1.00 NOT a cheque!! as you dont want to give them your signiture if they dont allready have it !

jezzy

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]