• Tweets

• I don't know much about this area of law but what you are saying about the continuation of a restored company makes perfect sense. I can scarcely imagine that it is any other way. How much money are we talking about here?
    • I'm having the same difficulty working out why @simeon1964 posted #32 without any explanation (again!) as to why it was posted.
    • as such there isnt one.  but that DN says 28 daya, should state a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy   and no IP address of signup PC either. lowells lose so many times on these issues 
    • Dear CAG,   Please advise on the following problem.   I have a friend who was very very ill since 2017. He had problems with his heart. After a number of heart attacks, he had a quadruple bypass in January 2021. (His bypass was to have taken place during 2020 but of course, it was delayed due to covid)   While he was waiting for the bypass operation, his company was struck off by Companies House in 2019 because he failed to send the company accounts and other documentation. He failed to send them because of his illness.   He made full recovery after his operation and he then restored his company as soon as he was able during 2021.     Prior to his illness his company was appointed as a commission sales agent for a manufacturing company (based in UK) in 2016 . During 2017, his company won a contract for this manufacturing Company for the first part of an engineering project.  His commission was paid in full by the manufacturing company after they were paid by the end user.   Even through his illness and heart attacks he was able to complete the second sale for the second part of the same engineering project. As a result, the manufacturing company won the contract for the second part during 2020. The manufacturer owes his company commission from the proceeds of this second order they received from the same end user customer.   The manufacturer refuses to pay the commission owed to his company saying that as it had been struck off, they are no longer obligated to make the payment. Any arrangement that was made prior to the company being struck off and for that reason, is null and void.   Our view is that the company being struck off is irrelevant because   a.       It is a continuation of the same project b.       The company has been restored. c.       The dissolution was merely due to an administration issue with Companies House as a consequence of his illness.   As the company has been fully restored the debt owed by the manufacturer is still valid, they are liable and they must pay.   According to the guidance notes on Companies House Website (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration)   Guidance. Strike off, dissolution and restoration Updated 24 March 2021   11.8 Once a company has been restored by the court When a company has been restored to the register, the general effect is that a company is deemed to have continued in existence as if it had not been dissolved or struck off the register.   My friend is claiming the payment owed to his company. However, he may have to take legal action as I think the manufacturing company feels that they have the upper hand because his company has been struck off.  Even though it has been restored, the payment is no longer owed to the sales agent.     Will my friend be able to serve a writ on the manufacturer as a last resort so he could get his money?   Please advise your views and comments on this situation so I can advise him and we an consider the next steps.   Thank you Wrecked.    
    • Hi Schipoo,   In the 2nd document above from HMCTS, it starts by referring to 3 items attached, namely :-   Appeal/Application Respondant Decision Notice Supporting Documents   I assume the 2nd item is the first PDF posted above but please confirm.   If there are any other documents, can you post them up, redacted.   I'm not experienced in this appeal tribunal process but we'll do all we can to support you. However, are you prepared to follow guidance, submit documents/replies in the manner we suggest and meet any deadlines. Please confirm.   At the risk of repeating myself, any joy yet in visiting the police ? Of all the issues likely to affect your case, I think this is crucial.
  • Our picks

glav v northern bank

glav

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi nishields

No, afraid not. Manager phoned me on 19th June on receipt of LBA but was only interested in lecturing me about the way I conducted my account. She did say that she needed to keep everything in writing and muted something about a 95% offer. This never materialised and I hand delivered another letter las Thursday threatening court action by Monday. Received letter last Saturday from Nuala Walsh, Service Recovery, so local branch has passed it up the line. Spoke to Nuala Walsh on Monday 9th, she assures me the matter is being investigated and that I will have a response very soon. Will give them until next Friday and then I am filing civil bill.

glav

Hi Glav,

Been away 4 a bit, new baby boy on 2nd july so mind's been several different places!!!! You've gave them a chance, if they don't bother to respond then u know u'll get everything back, plus fees and interest, plus you can prove that you've been reasonable, attempted to negotiate etc..... good luck!

Thank you Glav, few sleepless nights unfortunately but i wouldn't have it any other way, thankfully my other half is taking most of the night duties as i work 2 jobs, she's good to me :)

And congratulations on a quick and easy settlement! Reminds me of part 1 with the northern bank of the 2 brothers i'm helping!:D

Hi oneintheneck,

Received cheque from NB yesterday, with 94% of what I originally claimed. Just waiting on cheque to clear. I have WON!! and am absolutely delighted.

glav:) :) :)