e bay buyers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a phone from a ebay seller on dec3rd 2006 , now the seller is a power seller with a very high feedback . last week the phone stopped working completely . i went to a mobile repair shop where the guy told me the phone has been black listed( blocked) due to it being either reported stolen or a contract not being paid . ive contacted both ebay and paypal over it and all they say is contact the seller ( ive tried) or report it to the police as a fraud case . can anyone help me out here as the seller is neither replying to emails or aswering his home phone

i got a phone from a ebay seller on dec3rd 2006 , now the seller is a power seller with a very high feedback . last week the phone stopped working completely . i went to a mobile repair shop where the guy told me the phone has been black listed( blocked) due to it being either reported stolen or a contract not being paid . ive contacted both ebay and paypal over it and all they say is contact the seller ( ive tried) or report it to the police as a fraud case . can anyone help me out here as the seller is neither replying to emails or aswering his home phone

I would do that, They are possibly selling stolen goods.

Have you phoned the original network provider to actually find out if it has been blocked by them? I would contact them to find out as i am sure they would like to know if someone is selling their 'missing' phones.

Did the Engineer offer to buy the phone from you?

If you paid by Paypal then go to your account and start a dispute for 'goods not as described' - assuming, of course, that the seller's description did not state that the phone was barred.

Alternatively, if you paid with credit card through Paypal, ask your credit card issuer to do a chargeback, but note that some issuers see Paypal as a third party and won't chargeback.

been and tried to claim through paypal and my credit card but as its over 60 days they wont do anything , ive phoned the seller and guess what ? no answer . next thing i think will be the police

Hello, after you bought the phone and you recieved it, i'm guessing you put your own SIM card into the phone, which tells me it isn't the contract that has been cancelled, as the seller wouldnt have sold a sim with it, so the only other reason i can think off, is that the phone has had a block put on it, by means of the IMEI number been logged and blocked by either the e.bay seller or the person he/she might have bought it from b4 selling in on the site. If i'm correct, the phone can be unblocked if you contact the phone provider, and proof that you bought the phone in good faith, other than that, you had a contract with the E.bay seller, you bought a item there were selling, and now don't have use of the item, if it were myself, i would write to the person concerned if you have there address, requesting the return off the monies paid, due to the reasons you have given on the thread, also let them know, that no contact say within 7 working days, the matter will be forwarded to the police for investigation, by the way do you have the seller user name on the e.bay site.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Beware of going to the police, as many assume that Blacklisted equates to being stolen, and as you shouldn't be in possession of 'stolen property' they'll expect you to hand it over. So not only is the phone worthless to you, you have to give it away even if it is not stolen property.

If the dealer accepted it in good faith (as a part exchange) and you received the phone working, then he would not be aware of the item being blocked, but I agree his inability to resolve the issue isn't great news either. Funnily enough, I only ever get problems with Power Sellers...!

Can you find a friendly Polish student to sell it to? A few EU countries (including Poland) don't subscribe to the IMEI database and the phone will work without problem there,