Capquest aka SRJ Debt Recoveries?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The first thing I did having read up on this website was to write off £2500 worth of debt which Capquest were trying to chase me for including numerous threatening phone calls. They did not supply the right information and therefore I never heard from them again.

I then took Natwest to court for £2500 worth of bank charges (coincidence? Think not!) and won everything back!

Two months on and I have just received a letter from a company called SRJ Debt Recoveries claiming the Royal Bank of Scotland have tried to contact me numerous times, that they have now confirmed that I am at my address (which is impossible as I now live abroad) and that I need to pay £2675.52 right now or they will start court proceedings!

Is this debt going to be passed from company to company forever, or is there any way to stop it?

Ah! Sorry bit confusing!

Initially was in £2500 debt with Natwest. Then got a debt letter saying pay it all back from Capquest. Sent the CCA to Capquest. NO reply. Then thought whilst I was at it I would take Natwest to court for charges. and won.

Have never had an account with RBS in my life but am pretty sure they own Natwest, so I think what has happened is that Capquest, when unable to get my money, passed the debt on to someone else. No doubt a sister company of theirs.

Have sent another CCA to SRJ now with a little added note explaining I took their client to court and won! so stop harrassing me, type thing! We shall see I guess!

Has anyone ever heard of SRJ?

Hi, I had a debt with mint card and had just changed my bank account to Natwest because I owed TSB money for my overdraft

Then Payplan who were helping sort my debts out told me I had to change my bank account again as Mint card is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland who have some ties with Natwest. Not sure if they are owned by them or not though.

Guest amethystdragon

Think you are getting a little confused here - NatWest and the Royal Bank of Scotland are owned by the same group

Halifax and Bank of Scotland are owned by HBOS - AFAIK 2 different organisations

What has happened is that the debt is shown as outstanding so Crapquest have probaly sold it on to some othe bottom feeder who will now have a go at trying to obtain money from you. As Crapquest were unable to prove it this latest shower will have similar sucess. Just enjoy reading their threats

• 2 years later...

remarkable that srj are spoken of as a 'respectable' company

ask that to anybody who has been targetted by these cowboys, both those who owe debt and many of us who owe nothing but are still harassed

makes me wonder what the authorities are doing

remarkable that srj are spoken of as a 'respectable' company

ask that to anybody who has been targetted by these cowboys, both those who owe debt and many of us who owe nothing but are still harassed

makes me wonder what the authorities are doing

According to all their own websites DCAs are 'respected' 'Market Leaders' 'professional'

It just shows the rest of us how demented they really are

srj are not respectable - i think our agencies are turning a blind eye to their activities - another case of wasted money on these quangoes who are suppose to look after the public, not these cowboys