Welsh Lad Vs Barclaycard

Welsh Lad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just some advise please (1st time claimer) :)

Im in the process of reclaiming charges back from Barclaycard. I requested copy statements exactly 40 days ago for 2 cards I had with them (Visa and Mastercard) £10 cheque was also sent.

Today copy statements arrived for ONLY the Visa card and not the Mastercard. They dated back to June 2004 with the letter that the other statements are on microfiche blah, blah, blah and would be sent within the next 6 weeks (can I ask for these to be sent sooner?)

Im just wondering if I should have done another claim for the Mastercard??

I was thinking that being from the same Card company 1 claim would have been sufficient...if not, this is going to set me back another 40 days for the Mastercard statements to arrive Grrr.

Any help would be appreciated

WL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

(1st time claimer)

I received my visa statements for the last 2 yrs, but not my master card card statements. I requested both cards at the same time of asking.

I sent Barclaycard a letter last Monday (recorded delivery) asking what the delay was and if they could supply this information to me within 7 days. As of today still nothing.

Im just wondering what I can do next to get this information and for the remaining 4 yrs for the Visa card and the Master Card when I get the information.

Anybodys help would be much appreciated.

SD

Hey Guys,

Still nothing from Barclaycard :mad:

When I wrote my SAR letter on the 23rd March I only enclosed a cheque for £10 for information on 2 credit cards I had with them.

Did I have to send a cheque for £20 or was £10 a sufficient amount?

Regards

WL

• 2 weeks later...

I finally received my statements for the Visa Card today but still nothing for my Master Card :-x

Im wondering if I can go ahead with the claim for late payments fees without the MC statements as both cards would have been charge late payment fees at the same time? I used to pay both at the same time.

Or would it be better for me to wait until they send me the statements just to be on the safe side?

WL :)

Its way past the 40 days limit for the Master Card :mad:

I requested statements for both cards on the 23rd March. Received the Visa statements for the last 2 years 40 days later and the rest yesterday.

They dont play fair do they :(

WL :D

I feel for you, I sent also a cheque to the DPA for Barclaycard Visa last week, to my surprise received the statements yesterday morning post 31/5/07, came very quickly. The statement were also from June 2004, with some lame excuse - mircofilm, etc, etc,,,,, will take 6 weeks or so.

They are panicking... I hope that you get a response soon.

I settled my Mastercard last year, maybe I should apply for these statements also. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Iamcurious

Its way past the 40 days limit for the Master Card :mad:

I requested statements for both cards on the 23rd March. Received the Visa statements for the last 2 years 40 days later and the rest yesterday.

They dont play fair do they :(

WL :D

Under the Data Protection Act - the Data Controller has only 40 days to provide this information. If they refuse, or do not furnish you with the full information within 40 days, report them to the information commissioner - Information Commissioners Office Information Commissioner's Office - for a breach of the Data Protection Act. We also have templated letters to force compliance through the courts - see the Templates Library.

I feel for you, I sent also a cheque to the Data Protection Act for Barclaycard Visa last week, to my surprise received the statements yesterday morning post 31/5/07, came very quickly. The statement were also from June 2004, with some lame excuse - mircofilm, etc, etc,,,,, will take 6 weeks or so.

They are panicking... I hope that you get a response soon.

I settled my Mastercard last year, maybe I should apply for these statements also. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Iamcurious

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/50148-barclaycard-microfiche-they-wrong.html

I phoned Barclaycard customer services today regarding the late sending of my master card statements :-x

I was told that because I hadnt sent £20 in my 1st letter for statements, Visa and Master Card (way back in March) they would only send 1 set (visa) and that I would have to re-request the master card ones :-x:-x

I waited over 2 months for the Visa ones!!!

So a cheque is in the post tomorrow now then :x

For the time being Im going to start proceedings for my money back on the Visa card £500 +

Im just after some advise please, would it be better for me to make a claim via my local court or thru an online system??

• 3 weeks later...

Have you sent your prelim and lba letters?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

That's the right address.

It's BCards special department for Annoying Customers!

welshy, did they explain to you why you needed to send two cheques? The £10 covers ALL information held about YOU by a company, not about a certain accountor card. £10 should have got you ALL info held by BCard about you.

But, I suppose it doesn't matter so much now - just add an extra tenner to your claim!

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi,

Ive had the statements from them for the last 6 years on both cards.

Total charges are approx £900 +

Im just wondering if the addr for the statements -

Department LRC, Barclaycard House, 1234 Pavilion Drive

is the same addr that I send to send my 1st letter for my money back ??:???:

It doesn't matter too much what address it goes to, but best advice is to send to the address the last letter came from! The only time the address has to be perfectly right is when you issue your court claim - that must go to the registered address, which is the main Braclays address - not BCard address. Remember, BCard is a trading name under the Barclays company.

The next letter you will get will be from a Customer Services Monkey, reply to them personally, you will get a further reply, then when you issue court proceedings the names will become the Lit bods (usually Ardian St John, but not sure if they use a different one for BCard yet!)

You're doing great, so keep going!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Some are, some aren't. It seems to be that if you refer your claim solely on the basis of the UTCCR act then you are more likely to be stayed.

The important thing in MY OPINION is to lean weight more squarely on the OFT 2006 report into CCard charges.

If this is the lead, stating that it is related to, but not now dependent on, the UTCCR then I think a Judge would be hard pressed to have it stayed.

As I say this is my opinion, and would be glad to hear others views.

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!