Claiming bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, two days to go before I send out the FOS letter to Sandy Watt and I've still not had any kind of update/offer/response from him.......I shall proceed to send this FOS letter on Friday and post it via registered delivery and email and see what the progress is then.

Lush :rolleyes:

Lush ;)

So....that's the letter to Sandy Watt been posted registered mail and also emailed this afternoon....I received a very prompt response from Sandy via email to say:

Dear Miss Lush

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised that we will issue our response to your claim, within the

time-scale, set by the FSA.

Yours sincerely

Sandy Watt

By my calculations, that leaves them up until Thursday 28 June. God, I really hope I hear a positive result before then, and I hope I'm on the right tracks...time will tell I spose.

Lush :eek:

Lush ;)

Still nothing from RBOS, and under a week until I send my complaint to the FOS, which is fine, I think if I don't have a response by Thursday, Mr Sandy Watt and I shall have a telephone conversation.....

Lush ;)

Woohoooooooo, yippeeeeeeeeee, aw ya wee dancer!!!!!!!!!!

I received a letter today from our friend Sandy Watt offering me settlement of what I claimed (less interest of course!), "as a gesture of goodwill".

I'm going to accept it, I never thought I'd get this far when I first embarked on my crusade with these guys, but boy was I wrong!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me with this thread!!! Couldn't have done it without you!!!!!

Bring it on Halifax Credit card is what I say now!!!!!

.......where's that celebratory wine glass???

History:

Initial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) submitted:23/06/06

WHOOPSSS, will send again with proper history!!

Lush ;)

Woohoooooooo, yippeeeeeeeeee, aw ya wee dancer!!!!!!!!!!

I received a letter today from our friend Sandy Watt offering me settlement of what I claimed (less interest of course!), "as a gesture of goodwill".

I'm going to accept it, I never thought I'd get this far when I first embarked on my crusade with these guys, but boy was I wrong!!!

Now just to get the cash into my bank account!!!

Thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me with this thread!!! Couldn't have done it without you!!!!!

Bring it on Halifax Credit card is what I say now!!!!!

.......where's that celebratory wine glass???

History:

Initial S.A.R submitted:23/06/06 - No response

2nd Letter to Data Controller sent: 16/08/06

Letter asking for charges back sent:05/09/06

Refusal letter from RBOS dated: 29/09/06

:( GAVE UP THE GHOST DUE TO PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES :(

:evil: GOT MAD WHEN THEY CHARGED ME AGAIN EARLY THIS YEAR :evil:

Got my 2nd wind and re-calculated my charges

Request for charges back letter sent: 03/05/07

RBOS response acknowledging receipt of letter: dated: 07/05/07

Email and paper copy to S Watt of LBA submitted: 17/05/07

Further acknowledgement of claim from S Watt via email: 17/05/07

Enquiry as to how my claim was progressing via email: 06/06/07 (also threatened using FOS)

Acknowledgement from S Watt via email dated: 06/06/07

Letter to S Watt informing them of complaint at FOS sent via email and recorded delivery: 15/06/07

Acknowledgement of receipt via email from S Watt on 15/06/07

Offer letter dated:21/06/07

:D Received: 26/06/07 :D

Lush ;)

I didn't have to go that far, as the RBOS offered me my charges back, however, that is the address where I had been sending my correspondance to Sandy Watt.

Hope that this helps.

Lush :D

Lush ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alpha

Many thanks and hope you enjoyed your break and also your money!! It's hard work spending it I tell ya!! NOT!!

Still working on the HBOS for my credit card charges so they now have until the end of this month to get a response to me for my charges so still playing the waiting game!!!

Watch this space!!!

Lush;)

Lush ;)

Hi Lush

Just came back on site after taking a break. Soooo glad to hear your news!!!! Well done!!!:D

Hey same here. Been on extended paternity leave, just catching up. Very well done missy ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone!!

Sorry I've been away so long, had taken my eyes off the ball for a wee while......

But have found that they're at it AGAIN!!!!

Since I successfully reclaimed my charges from the RBOS in 2007 I decided that I'd spend tonight reviewing my finances and checking bills and statements etc, and when going through my bank statements have found that since July 2007 they have charged me £28.00 on top of my Royalties subscription fee onto my statement a total of four times.......aaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Do I rant and rave or write complaining to them, where does the law stand on setting about claiming again??

Lush :rolleyes:

Lush ;)