worried mum v barclaycard & HFO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks can someone give me some advice please my son had a barclaycard limit £400 he ended up paying it back through a DCA (scotcall I think) anyway he was paying it by D/D and after he paid £575 back they stopped taken the D/D off so we thought that was that this was in 2005

2 weeks ago we started getting phone calls from HFO saying he owed £207 but nobody would tell us where this money came from, enetually they said he originally owed £782. Anyway sent a SAR letter to Barclaycard also sent a letter to HFO account in dispute with a copy of the SAR letter. HFO replied with a letter offering a reduction if my son replied within 7 days if not would put it in the hands of a solicitor. I replied with a CCA letter.

This morning I got a letter from Turnbull Rutherford Solicitor

Dear Sir, Re: HFO Services

We write to acknowledge safe receipt of your letter address to HFO Services which was passed to us to deal with.

We have today requested a copy of the signed agreement from our client and this will be forwarded to you with the other documents that you have requested in due course. Due to a high demand we have been advised by our client that there is an eight week delay.

yours faithfully

what do I do here do I answer this or do I give them the 12 day + 2 as this is how long I thought they had to send me the signed document I asked for. Sorry its so long but just wanted you to know what I had done.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

As tomterm8 has mentioned, they have an obligation to provide such requested info to your son within 12 working days, obviously allowing for the post and upcoming bank holidays.

They have to conform to your request within 30 days, after that you can report them to the Trading standard in your area and the TS in the area where the DCA is based.

I have had to report 2 DCA's to TS's and both the TS's have been VERY helpful.

Keep us posted.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Thanks tooth fairy its all getting a bit confusing but I will keep you posted I have also been in touch with the F.O.S. for his barclaycard charges as we dont know where this £207 came from you will see from my first post he has already paid £575 back. (as I said bit confusing) will post when I need help or hear any more from them.

Thanks rae may

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All, received copies of statements from H.F.O this morning the total used on card £477, £77 over the limit. late payment charge £20, exceeding limit charge £20, interest 1.385% = £2.73, interest on your cash balance 1.461% = £4.97 total transaction £47.70 + £477.47 = £525.17 my son only made 2 £20 payments to this then Barclaycard withdrew the card and sent it to scotcall total debt £587.30 that my son paid £100 a month and scotcall stopped taken the D/D my son phoned them and they said he had £75 to pay and that was it clear.

H.F.O statements show that from the gap in the payments from the £20 to the £100 the above charges were added to the balance so my son still owes £207. could anybody help with this will he have to pay the £207 and can he claim any of the charges above

did the CCA arrive as well?

no CCA = no debt ;)

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

no C.C.A sent that on the 26th April never asked them for statements just enclosed copy of S.A.R I sent to Barclaycard on the same day not heard anything from them though.

Do you or anyone know what I can claim back.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks TT8 do i go to the bank charge spreadsheet and will as he is going through the F.O.S will they agree to this and do they agree with giving you the difference over the £12 that Barclaycard are offering to people. I will check his staements H.F.O sent but I dont think they are correct anyway as the dates of his payments are all wrong.

Forget about the £12, this is a red herring. If the charge is a penalty ALL of the charge will be refunded.

You need to itemise these charges e.g. what they were for and the amount and date to help the FOS.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yes, you add the non payment charges. The FOS may award interest, but please remember this is at they're discretion. It makes it easier for them if you give them a case as to why they should award interest rather than just state you want interest.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No problem - fire away.

• 4 years later...

Hi All, Sorry to bring this old thread back but I will explain.

Two weeks ago my son got a letter from HFO claiming he owed them £191.77 he phoned them and explained this was resolved.

Yesterday he received a letter stating as he had ignored to make any payment towards this debt, they now qualify to take legal action.

If they don`t here within three working days his account will be passed to their solicitors for legal action.

this will result in immediate increase in the balance.

Once the solicitor has reviewed his case they will issue a claim against him in the County Court.

Could someone advise me on this, my other thread on this way back then is in the Barclaycard forum which was resolved, I still have all letters from Barclaycard and HFO.

Yes have all correspondence Barclaycard took into account what had been paid and charges and paid £94 into my sons bank.

I will send this first thing Monday morning.

Thanks Mamie

not from HFO.

A letter was sent to the FOS enclosing the final response from Barclaycard stating the account would be cleared and closed after the £92 35 was transfered to his account, my son said that after the money was put in his account there would be no further claim from them or anyone else he would accept. dated 11/9/07

The FOS must have accepted as the money was put into the account.

Nothing from HFO till now.

FOS 26/9/07

Thank you for your letter dated 11 sept 07 and I am pleased to hear that you have received an acceptable settlement offer from this business.

I confirm that as a result your complaint has now been closed in our records but please let me know if any matter arises requiring our contintued involvement.