Flamin Cheek- Withdrawn My Cash Facility!!

electric lemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a nerve!!!!!!!!!!

I went to take out some cash from my Barclaycard today & it wouldnt let me, even though I knew I had best part of £100 available. I only wanted £10!

I couldnt understand it?????:confused:

I called them to find out what the problem was, & they said....

"We have withdrawn your 'withdrawing cash' facility on your card account, as we have been updating accounts recently with everybody. There is only a minority of people that withdraw cash on their card, & we have decided to stop this with your account!!!"

I was not a happy camper!:mad:

I told the girl that it wasnt a major deal, but that if they were going to adjust/change anything, didnt they think they should contact me/advise me first. Out of courtesy if nothing else!

She said that they didnt have to according to their terms & conditions, blah, blah, blah!.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Has anyone esle had this done to them????????

And I was going to just go for the standard 8% - well they've had it now as I'm going to go for CCI at 27.9%. (girl quoted today when I asked what current % rate was).

Oh by the way when I called them recently/couple of weeks ago the bloke that I spoke to told me that it said on the computer screen that I was in the process of claiming back charges.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, very interesting!

Couldnt possibly be retaliatory at all, eh????

EL

Probably, but try and prove it.

You could try writing a letter of complaint to the FSA saying that you believe the bank is taking retaliatory action against you because you are reclaiming unlawful penalty charges.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi Sowerby, I am claiming for my son on his Barclaycard. I started the MCOL on Friday gone for £409 today he got his satement and they have credited him £120, he has gone into it as well. I will have to carry on aith the claim now it's started, just not sure when to knock off the £120 gogw!

Only 8% which I added on Friday, at court stage plus it was £50 court fees so I will have to carry on now. I have just read on another thread Amradi or something like that, they have done the same thing there, credited account and they haven't sent rejection letter either. Looks like they are just doing it and hoping we will go away. I will have a read around see if I can find any more like this, as I say I can't stop now, suppose I will just have to wait and see how it goes. I have done nothing wrong as I have stuck to the time scales. Thanks anyway.

Hi Sowerby,

What was your credit limit & how much did they reduce it by??

Have you tried to get any cash out recently?

I would suspect they may have done the same to you. (Though I hope not!)

Gawd, I can imagine there will be a mass exodus to cash machines nationwide now where loads of Barclaycard holders are going to check this hasnt happened to them!

Barclaycard credited my son with the usual difference between £12 and £20 before they settled. They just removed the initial refund and credited the full settlement in the same day.

I wouldnt worry too much about it its for them to sort out. Just continue with your claim. We all know it isnt going to get as far as court so you will just be dealing with their litigation dept when it comes to refund time.

It will all then be sorted out.

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

Electric Lemon...

Similar thing happened to me...

Barclaycard, firstly withdrew my cash facility, for the same reasons they gave you - review of excess use of cash withdrawals to my account.

They then credited my account £175.00 (the amount difference between £12.00 and £20.00 charges).

They then reduced my limit by £100.00!

...Then, once I had refused the offer (acceptance only in part payment), Barclaycard withdrew the credited cash and charged me for being overdrawn!!

After moaning onto Barclaycard about their punitive measures, my account limit was restored - however the charge was not. Every trick in the book!

Not surprisingly, Ive gone for contractual interest as well!!

Good luck.

Hi there Jon,

I soooo empathise.

They really are dreadful! Thats outrageous behaviour!

I feel stronger about going for Contractual hearing that you have too. I have been umming & arring for a while now.

Did you charge at 27.9%?

And have you gone for the compunded contractual interest?

My charges are at £556 over 5 years.

I must have a slightly differing card to you, the rate on my card was only 19.9%. Barclaycard do about 7 different kinds of credit card you can get the interest rate from each from http://www.barclaycard.co.uk

I went for compounded contractual interest. Its seems better that way, you get more back! Until Barclaycard go to court, it seems you can add on what you want (up to a limit) as they never contest it!! The argument against disproportionate charges is so strong its not good business for Barclays to pay for court costs plus risk losing anyway. To my mind, they will always settle. The interest I am claiming back is more then the charges. Sadly this has pushed the claim to over £1000 which means Barclays will drag it out even longer... but I will win!

£460 charges. 475+ interest (changing daily) £10.00 sar. £80 court fees.

Thanks Jon,

I actually called them & asked over the phone what interest rate they were charging me.

I have done a CCI one for Capital one, however which spreadsheet did you do for Barclays. ( I used one of Vampiress's).

I used the MINDZAIS spreadsheet. It is supposedly only to be used in conjunction with bank charges and not credit cards, but hey ho - they can sue me.. it was the best I could find. As far as I am concerned and from what I have read, its the strength of the argument and not the workings out. Bank charge interest is still all slightly arbitrary, but, I doubt, the bank (or credit card company) will not make an issue of it; well no one has as yet!

In general, but not always, most banks will pay up quicker when the claim is under £1000. (not just Barclaycard). This has proven true with everybody I have known claiming back their cash including myself.

I have claimed back from 2 banks - Abbey & Barclays and 3 credit cards (Capital One, Barclaycard, Egg). Barclaycard is still pending. All have paid in full. The only one to drag their feet, 2 days before I was due in court was Barclays. My claim for barclays was £1750. All others paid up long before - their claims varied between £250 & £550.

it seems the bank can't be bothered with the hassle generally if its only a small claim.

You will, however, still get back your money eventually, even if your claim is large, it will be worth the wait and you can charge them the contractual interest on a daily basis.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

ok thanks for that as if i claim contractural off barclaycard it will be over the thousand but if i claim 8% it should be less than £1000. Any advice not too sure what to do?

Go for the contractual - every time!

Not only is it your right - it has been paid everytime as far as I'm aware.

The banks dont actually seem to mind too much paying over the odds for a small minority of customers. Their main aim is to stay OUT of court so that they dont have to explain their fees/charges & how they came to charge such extortionate amounts!!

This is because once they have to show a breakdown of costs a judge would clearly see that it costs on average £4-£5 a charge, NOT up to £35, & this would set the charge for everyone. So, think how much money they would then have to pay back!!!!!

So, you see, putting this into perspective, you being successful with contractual interest is a very good move!

As long as when you file online with MCOL or locally at court, you put down that you would also accept the standard 8%, which is what a judge would award you anyway if he disagreed with the contractual, you would be just fine.

Hope this helps!

Lemony:D

Electric Lemon is right, contractual every time! The banks will pay out, it may take slightly longer (it may not!) but the banks always pay eventually - delaying only adds to your daily interest rate.

I am claiming back bank charges from Barclays and received my defence in the post today. I also received a letter from Barclaycard advising that they had recently reviewed my account and that I will no longer be able to withdraw cash.

I suspect that this is in retaliation to me claiming back my bank charges cos I haven't been able to withdraw cash on my card for a long time now (I try once a month to see if it'll let me, but it never does!) All I can say is ha ha to them cos they're next on my list and I'll think I'll also claim for Contractual Interest as well!

:-xBanksworstnightmare!:-x

Barclays - WON - £1391.89 (settled after received court date)

What a nerve!!!!!!!!!!

the bloke that I spoke to told me that it said on the computer screen that I was in the process of claiming back charges.

EL

Hmm - I'll ask the cashier what the screen says about me next time I visit Barclays. Had to set foot in a Barclays Bank for the first time this week as they just shut my nice Woolwich branch - where I'm reclaiming fees. (I could pay in cash via the outside machine there - but no such joy at Barclays. :mad:)

At least you got a letter BWN - I didnt even get that!!!:mad:

Ive decided to take a different approach now, which is to :

1) Firstly get their name, at least 3 times, and then keep saying it to them.i.e.....Is that right John, Oh I see John, well thats what it seems like John. Get the picture!!

The psychology of this is that it can make them feel uncomfortable/bad about what they are doing to you if the conversation is somewhat personalised.

2) Tell them right at the beginning of the conversation, very politely, that you are taping the conversation (this is legal as long as you advise them). This can often stop alot of the sh*te, & they often are alot more civil/reasonable to you as they feel guarded/scared of what you might be doing this for.

Believe me it works!:D

Got " The Letter" today (after withdrawing the facility!) from Barclaycard.

States in it....you will be unable to withdraw cash in this country but you can withdraw cash abroad????!!!! Huh??

What a load of.......!

Anyway, have just done my spready at 27.9% & it caomes out at a nice handsome package of £1120.52.

The charges are £556 & the interest is higher @£564.

Letter going off over weekend.

I'll get you my pretties!!!!!:D