Halifax Credit Card No Refund for me!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Sent off for my credit card statements which the Halifax sent back to me. I knew that I might of had some charges onto my credit card but did not know how much or when. I then added up all the charges. I only came to £45.00.

I know that it doesn't sound a lot but I thought that I would give them a try and see if they would refund me the money, as I don’t think that £20 to £30 is fair for the amount of work that they have to do to sent a letter. So I sent a letter detailing the charges and the dates, asking to reply within 14 days.

A letter arrived today from the Halifax saying:

ref xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your communication regarding the charges applied to me account

I am sure you will appreciate that like other organizations we incur costs for administering your account for late/unpaid payment or over limit situations. The Bank believes it is fair to pass these costs on to the account affected, rather than absorb them into other areas of our organization, penalizing all our other customers as a result.

HBOS clearly outlines our changing policy in the Terms and Conditions that apply to your account. In addition we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets out standards of good banking practice for banks and building societies follow when dealing with personal customers.

After assessing the OFT finding our charges have been reduced as from 1ST August 2006.

The statement is sent as a reminder and the onus is on you, the cardholder to ensure you keep the account according to the agreed Terms and Conditions

In view of the above , I regret I am unable to refund the charges in question as they were applied to your account as per your original agreement.

I trust this clarifies the situation should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate contact our call centre on the above number.

Yours Faithfully

xxxxx

What do you think that my best course of action is now? I am a bit :-x that they did not offer me any kind of refund though.

Any thoughts would be great or if anyone has had this done to them.

£1,971.76 Halifax credit card

Citibank credit card 9100[/size][/size]

Refunded firstdirect bank charges £555 26/01/07

Refunded halifax charges £60 and £120 14/2/07

1st letter sent to HSBC 28/04/07 2nd letter 20/6/07 on hold

[/size]

Send LBA giving them a further 14 days to comply. I think that what you received is a standard response to your prelim letter to try and put you off from claiming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Yes I recieved my statements and they cashed the £10, then I used the templete for claiming money back giving them 14 days to do so and then I get two days later that letter.

I have claimed succesfully from halifax current accounts with no problems.

£1,971.76 Halifax credit card

Citibank credit card 9100[/size][/size]

Refunded firstdirect bank charges £555 26/01/07

Refunded halifax charges £60 and £120 14/2/07

1st letter sent to HSBC 28/04/07 2nd letter 20/6/07 on hold

[/size]

As the other answers you've got, carry on regardless...

lve had probs with Halifax CC, and because l put HBOS on my claim, and it got to Judgement, they claimed that H CC and HBOS are two different companies and one is not responsible for the other, the Judge agreed and set my Judgement aside, didnt get a penny, BUT since coming back on here lm now getting help to do an amendment, so fingers crossed that l will get my money and stick 2 fingers up at Halifax...

Good luck, and keep using the site as they are a mind of useful information

Marilyn

Marilyn:p

--------------------------

HALIFAX A/C - SETTLED 4 AUG

HALIFAX CC - Data Protection Act SENT 2 AUG

15/09/06 - rec'd all statements - Eventually!! -521.81GBP

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

11/10/06 - Offer £278.10, no thanks

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - offer £521.81 - not sure yet

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

_____________________________________-

:lol: don't be like the banks - give a little back:lol:

DONATE SO THEY CAN CARRY ON HELPING PEOPLE LIKE US!

There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered!

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional