Where do we get them from.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

May 2005,i collapsed in a heap after my hip replacement gave way,a day less than 7 weeks later (8th July) i finally got the all clear after having a new hip put in.

The head honcho told me to use a pair of crutches for 6 weeks,then a walking stick,so come October i told the local G.P. my new hip was still very painful..

He asked my local hospital to refer me for physiotherapy,and from November 2005 until January this year i was still in agony,and for some reason always after physio and acupuncture.

Since then,i have been for a bone scan and also had umpteen x rays,and a steroid injection,and was told that the x rays showed that the pin holding the hip in place was twisted,so no wonder i was in agony.

What i don't understand is why they did not send me for a scan to begin with,instead of nearly 15 months of weekly physiotherapy.

My wife said i should sue them but i'm wary of doing that for some reason.

I

It depends whether they could reasonably assume the pain was due to the hip or a fault.

My hubby's gran had a hip replacement about the same time as you and is having similar problems. She's considereing having another op and they have now scanned her - but they did go down the route of physio etc. before that as, unfortunately, hip replacements can sometimes take a long time to settle for some people. It also depends on whether people do tehir exercises etc. afterwards too.

You may just ahve been unfortunate, I'm afarid, rather than the hospital being negligent. What you have described is very rare to happen - could the hospital have reasonably been expected to think this could be the problem? We often think that hospitals should be able to predict every eventuallity, but it is often just not possible to do so.

Why not have a chat with your consultant at your next appointment and explain how you are feeling and ask why this wasn't picked up on sooner? He may be able to offer you some sort of explanation (even if the explanation is that it is unfortuantely one of those things). Ask him why the pin bent - was it a manufacturing error or perhaps a surgical error? Does this happen often?

If you are still not happy after talking to him/her, you could then consult a sollicitor to see whether you have a case.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

• Haha 1

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Thanks for the reply tiglet,i know where you are coming from,but i had at least 6 x rays to contend with in the months after November,and as you may possibly know,when you have a bone scan,it apparently is able to find any wrongful diagnosis.

More than likely,i won't go down to road of suing them,i dislike this suing culture although there are cases in which people do have to contend with.

I understand.

Do ask the consultant though - even if only for your own peace of mind.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.