Railways v Natwest

suze1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm posting this thread as I am now on the case of NatWest for dear friends of mine aka The Railways, having started the ball rolling for myself with the Halifax, (I am waiting for 8th May to send my LBA to them).

I have today posted the SAR to NatWest at their registered address which is at Bishopsgate, London, via RD and they now have until 12 June to comply.

This will be a complicated one as The Railways a joint bank account with NatWest which was then changed into a loan, I believe down to excessive bank charges! I may need lots of help on this one.

Suze :-o

Welcome to the NatWest forum - youi've come to the right place.

Steven

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

If you need help with anything just pop back on here, ask what you need to know and theres always somebody about who can help. All the best, at least the claim is under way so you are heading in the right direction. Dont be afraid to ask ask ask. Were all here to help. All the best.

Fendy xxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Thanks to Steven and Fendy for your words of support. I have now been asked by The Railways eldest to help her with her problems with NatWest. So about to sort out her SAR to them for her account. My LBA to Halifax is going today so am now looking out for MCOL guidance and reading round the threads like mad. I will start a new thread for The Railways eldest, under The Railway Children - seems like a good name.

Once again, thanks for your support, sure I'm going to be needing you sooner or later.

Suze ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the statements have arrived! This is a complicated one as the NastyWest closed the bank account and changed it to a loan account some years ago. Anyone got any ideas as to how to proceed with this case?

Suze:confused:

Hi suze, personally - I'd pursue regardless of what they've turned the account into! Put your charges into one of the spreadsheets to see how they work out. And just out of interest, did you have to turn the account into a loan account because of all the charges that were being applied to your bank account at the time? Hedgey xx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 4 weeks later...

I am doing this on behalf of my friends (I am chasing the Halifax myself), and now have their statements. Their account was an Advantage Gold Account and eventually it was transferred to a loan and them given a Current Plus Account. Basically the salary was paid straight into the account to repay the loan and they were left with nothing to live on! Anyway I know that unpaid direct debits, cheques etc can be claimed for. However there are other "charges" doubling their claim, that I am unsure about. Can someone help me to help The Railways? The charges are labelled as "unpaid r/p fee"; "paid referral fee"; "card misuse fee"? Your help would be greatly appreciated as this claim would amount to £2,450 and would in effect wipe out the loan created by natwest because of the charges.

Suze:confused:

Morning! Havind done a bit of digging round the NatWest forum have realised that I can claim for those "charges" that were confusing me. I am lucky enough not to have been a NatWest customer ever so this is a little bit more difficult not being used to their small print so to speak. Could someone please advise if it is ok to claim for the unarranged borrowing fee of £14? Then I will be ready to do the LBA and is proof of posting sufficient or is it better for R/D as when I have used R/D it never ever comes up as being delivered on the track n trace? The claim is for £2,086. Thanks Suze ;)

Yes you can claim the £14 advantage gold unauthorised borrowing charge.

• Haha 1

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.