Gemmare v Abbey

gemmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys!

Here goes!!

Requested statements at the end of October 2006

Statements arrived 21st Jan 2007 :-x

Letter sent requesting charges back sent £2600 incl interest :eek:

Letter received telling me it would take 4 weeks.

Letter sent threatening court action

At end of 4 weeks GOGW received of £420 + the cancellation of inpending charges (£50)

Letter sent saying would only accept this as part payment.

4 weeks later letter fromAbbey saying that they would refund no more.

Filed with court on 11th April for £2285 (incl interest and court fee) - Deemed served on 16th April.

25th April Abbey "acknowledged claim" the paperwork that came through said they intended to defend.

Yesterday I thought I might call them and see if they fancied negotiating- was on hold for 41 minutes, got through to someone who told methat they would not negotiate as they are trying to seek a resolution.

I asked how they could seek a resolution with out negotiating- :confused: He didn't understand, told me it was over his head and dumped me onto some random voicemail!! :-x

I despair - this is really beginning to drag!:|

I am sure they will put in a defence before the 14th May and this will drag it out even longer!!

Anyway! Thats my story so far!! :D

x x x

Grrrrrrr! I am so wound up!:-x

Last week I entered email negotiations with Abbey - eventually we arrived at a figure that I agreed with and I emailed back to say that I accepted and to ask what happened next. I heard nothing back.

I left this for the weekend and emailed again - again nothing heard back. Then today I check and they have filed a defence.

But we negotiated - we reached a figure - now I feel ignored and let down.

I know in the long run that I may get more money this way but this is dragging for me- this has been going on since October and I am tired!

I have all the emails and so would be able to use this as evidence.

Or do you think that there is hope that they will keep their word.

Oh I just want this to end!! (But - THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AM GIVING UP!!!)

I phoned the london bank charges team a couple of days ago. They have so many cases to deal with they are waiting until the last 7 days before the court date to attempt negotiation. The whole process does seem to drag on, I have been at this around the same amount of time and have just passed the AQ stage.

Have faith and be patient, unless you already spent it :D

I phoned the london bank charges team a couple of days ago. They have so many cases to deal with they are waiting until the last 7 days before the court date to attempt negotiation. The whole process does seem to drag on, I have been at this around the same amount of time and have just passed the AQ stage.

Have faith and be patient, unless you already spent it :D

No! not spent yet! But very much needed!!

When the money is securely in my bank which I have now been told will take 4/5 days I will tell my story!!