barclays filed their defence - help

marley2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok court sent me a notic of issue on saturday, i sent a copy of the list of charges to them on friday by special deleivery so they should of received them today, the bank should be served on wednesday 28th ha ha ha

amanda x

I think you will find A&L will acknowledge as soon as they receive the court papers, that doesnt mean they are not willing to settle if you ring them

DELBOY

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

hI EVERYONE, JUST JOINED

BEEN FOLLOWING AMANDA AND HER QUEST.

I RECEIVED A STATEMENT FROM THE WOOLWICH LAST WEDNESDAY AND I THOUGHT I HAD CHARGES OF AROUND £600 AND WAS SHOCKED TO FIND IT CAME TO £2930.

SO ON THURSDAY LAST WEEK I SENT THEM A CLAIM LETTER GIVING THEM 14 DAYS TO REFUND THE FULL AMOUNT OTHERWISE I WOULD TAKE THEM TO COURT AND WOULD BE ASKING FOR THE INTEREST TOO, WHICH I WORKED OUT ON THE WEB SITE TO BE NEARLY £800, SO LETS SEE WHAT THEIR RESPONCE IS.

I AM A SINGLE PARENT RAISING TWO CHILDREN AND HAVE BEEN A FOSTER CARER FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS SO MONEY IS VERY TIGHT. THIS WOULD BE AMAZING IF I COULD GET SOME BACK.

I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR AMANDA, AND WAITING TO SEE WHAT SHE IS OFFERED

Hi amanda

I must say i am both dreading and looking forward to taking them to court, dreading it because of the paperwork involved it seems very complicated. but looking forward to it for the same reason as you.

It feels so good to be getting my own back, i bet you feel even better.

So one they have been served with your court papers, how long do you think it will take till you hear from them.

caroline x

its not complicated hun and everyone here will help when u get to that stage, i have no idea when ill hear from them, i havent heard back from them since i sent the prelim and that they sent an offer, that was weeks ago, they had ampul time to contact me and they havent, im hoping that they realize that im not backing down and just settle but i know in my heart that wont happen.

all i can do is keep my fingers crossed and sit back and wait if it goes to court so be it but i dont think it will get that far, i think once a court date has been set thats when they will settle.

amandax

I didnt hear a single thing from the time I refused the goodwill offer until they offered to pay in full just before the court date.

Apart from the copy of thier defence forwarded by the court I'd have thought they were ignoring me!

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

hiya

ok first of all, start ur own thread so then all the helpers can help and guide u each step of the way, go onto the templates library and use the spreadsheet to enter all ur charges, then send the 2nd letter asking for all ur charges back, this gives the bank 14 days to respond, stick to ur times not theirs, they might respond with an offer but thats up to u if u want to accept it.

send all letters by recorded delivery, that way u can check online to see if it ws signed for.

amandax

I have just received my charges back from the Woolwich today. What is the next step please? Thanks

Hi

Yes start your own thread as Amanda says.

Then read these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Then read these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

We all have to do a certain amount of work ourselves, mainly reading, which is time consuming, but as there is the possibility that you may have to go to court (unlikely), you really should understand what you are getting yourself into.

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Good Luck with your process, I am a few weeks behind you and watching with great interest. This site is invaluable with regards to help and support, I am sure you will be transferred to the "Won" threads before long! Another member of the Battle against the Banks!:)

And that will go in at the last minute, and their AQ as well!!!

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

thanks al hunnie

i know its so damn frustrating that they are doing this knowing damn well that in the end they are gonna pay, and i know that on the last day 26th april they will file their defence, talk about drag their feet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

amandaxx

Now now children you must learn to be patient, you know the drill, just like Xmas eve when the reindeer and Santa were due to arrive, (it may take that long). Just read and relax and learn about your rights :D.

AL;)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007